Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #81
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Yup, I'm still in. the mount interface is buggy as hell, but that sure ain't Telus. Guess I'm lucky.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:24 PM   #82
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Yup, I'm still in. the mount interface is buggy as hell, but that sure ain't Telus. Guess I'm lucky.
Excellent. Since I'm on Telus as well, I guess I should be good to go in a few hours.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:40 PM   #83
Ethaniel
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Apparently Shaw appears to be fine now it had a hiccup that last post of mine but fine now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kryllyk
http://www.twitch.tv/kryllyk

Playing games on YouTube & Livestreaming on Twitch.tv Check it out!
Minecraft and more!
Ethaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:41 PM   #84
Khel
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethaniel View Post
Apparently Shaw appears to be fine now it had a hiccup that last post of mine but fine now.
Sweet!
Khel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:55 PM   #85
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
kk good, I think I am going to leave work early today to go pick it up.

What class/race/faction server is everyone here?
On the Rivendare realm, my main character is currently a level 37 NE Hunter.

I have a:

Lvl 20 Dwarf Warrior
Lvl 20 Draenei Shaman
Lvl 20 Gnome Rogue
Lvl 20 Human Warlock

I have been trying to level them together.

On Vashj, I started up some horde character recently, but none are leveled very high.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:12 PM   #86
Ethaniel
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Well good sir FlamesAddiction. You have a lot of game to play. What I found fun on my alternates was making sure you do all the achievements as you go.

Makes the leveling and questing and making a character that much more fun.

Minecraft and more!
Old 11-13-2008, 05:17 PM   #87
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ack! My server is full. I'm waiting in a queue!
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Old 11-13-2008, 11:51 PM   #88
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just curious but what did they ever decide with the honor and honor marks? I thought with the new patch they would be turfed but when I logged in tonight to check they were still there. Do you have to load the expansion for it to reset?

I play maybe 3-5 hours a week. Not a ton of time invested as I have a 65 druid, 60 hunter, 51 rogue, 31 lock and a 19 priest over the span of 3 years. The one thing I am enjoying a lot since the patch is my hunter with devilsaur...good times.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:44 AM   #89
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Just curious but what did they ever decide with the honor and honor marks? I thought with the new patch they would be turfed but when I logged in tonight to check they were still there. Do you have to load the expansion for it to reset?

I play maybe 3-5 hours a week. Not a ton of time invested as I have a 65 druid, 60 hunter, 51 rogue, 31 lock and a 19 priest over the span of 3 years. The one thing I am enjoying a lot since the patch is my hunter with devilsaur...good times.
I'm not sure if it is only in Northrend, but there seems to be a bit of a bug where devilsaur pets return to full size up there. I have seen at least 2 full sized pets. I thought it was from the pet biscuits you get with the CE, but those are only for the non-combat pets and my friends hunter said he didn't do anything, it just got big.
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Old 11-14-2008, 09:19 AM   #90
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
I'm not sure if it is only in Northrend, but there seems to be a bit of a bug where devilsaur pets return to full size up there. I have seen at least 2 full sized pets. I thought it was from the pet biscuits you get with the CE, but those are only for the non-combat pets and my friends hunter said he didn't do anything, it just got big.
I've read about the bug. I guess sometimes the devilsaur reverts to his original size and even has the golden elite dragon around his picture. From what I have heard it has to do with the info swapping in the programing when a hunter enters an area. I guess in most of the cases I've read about the devilsaur appears tamed size to the hunter but original to everyone else around. Unless someone tells the hunter he won't know from what I have read. Still funny seeing a full sized devilsaur infront of the mail box or in the AH.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:24 AM   #91
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
I've read about the bug. I guess sometimes the devilsaur reverts to his original size and even has the golden elite dragon around his picture. From what I have heard it has to do with the info swapping in the programing when a hunter enters an area. I guess in most of the cases I've read about the devilsaur appears tamed size to the hunter but original to everyone else around. Unless someone tells the hunter he won't know from what I have read. Still funny seeing a full sized devilsaur infront of the mail box or in the AH.
I saw it in front of the trainers, and I was thinking "Holy Crap - I need to get a hunter!"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Old 11-14-2008, 10:28 AM   #92
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethaniel View Post
Well good sir FlamesAddiction. You have a lot of game to play. What I found fun on my alternates was making sure you do all the achievements as you go.

Makes the leveling and questing and making a character that much more fun.

That's probably why I am not running out to get the new expansion pack yet. I only started playing this game in August and I am still discovering new things in it all the time.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #93
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am curious as to what realms people are on and what they think of them.

I have really only experienced one realm (for the most part) and it seems like many people on it think that it sucks compared to other realms. It was the "recommended" realm from when I first signed up. Apparently the server is in California, so I also wonder if there isn't a realm on a server that is closer to BC that might be better to play on.

The realm I am on is also Horde dominated (like 10:1, seriously). Many times it is hard to even turn in quests because the Alliance towns are under constant raids. Are most realms like that? Like I said, I started a Horde character on another realm and the starting area was packed, not like when I started my NE...
Old 11-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #94
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm on Lothar. Apparently it was one of the original servers. It is busy but there seems to be a fairly even split Horde/Alliance.

I was speaking with another guy the other night and he said his server is 3-1 alliance heavy.
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Old 11-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #95
Khel
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I'm on Lothar. Apparently it was one of the original servers. It is busy but there seems to be a fairly even split Horde/Alliance.

I was speaking with another guy the other night and he said his server is 3-1 alliance heavy.
I'm on Korgath (PVP), we've got some really really good guilds on both sides.

We've also got a loser who was level 77 last night, and as of last night a 71 DK. They apparently haven't logged off since it came out.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #96
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khel View Post
I'm on Korgath (PVP), we've got some really really good guilds on both sides.

We've also got a loser who was level 77 last night, and as of last night a 71 DK. They apparently haven't logged off since it came out.
I've been thinking about that. How much content are these people flying through? Apparently there are titles for being the first to complete some of the new instances, so that is what they are trying for, but for myself I think I would miss out on a lot of the content.

When I was first leveling my main, a couple of my friends were leveling their alts, and we would group. When we grabbed quests, they would then be on their way to complete then and I would be still reading figuring out what to do. Then I would chase then across the map and get lost. Since they knew where to go, they would bee-line to that spot, but if I lost then then I wouldn't recognize the best/safest way to get back (and being a cloth-wearer, I died - a lot).

While I am anxious to level and get new talents/skills, I also kind of want to enjoy and understand the content. I'll get to 80, but it won't be this week.
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Old 11-14-2008, 11:48 AM   #97
Ethaniel
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Well there is officially a level 80.

http://www.mmo-champion.com

I am on Alleria in guild Chronus. Fantastic guild fantastic server (except the 1300 queue lines) Alliance. We outnumber the horde 6 : 1
On Alleria we have the 3rd best guild in North America. Last i saw we have a 75 Death Knight.

Minecraft and more!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #98
Khel
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:

While I am anxious to level and get new talents/skills, I also kind of want to enjoy and understand the content. I'll get to 80, but it won't be this week.
Agreed. I'd like to have my main to 80 by the end of the year, but I'm enjoying the new quests.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:00 PM   #99
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do you think that me, being a lowly lvl 37 right now, will miss anything without the WOTLK expansion, or do I still have a ways to go before it even matters?

Ethaniel, with such a busy realm, do you find you have any latency issues? I have never had to wait in a queue in my realm. Is it possible to change realms? They say you can't, but then recently they had what they called "free" realm moves for people in really busy realms. If they were "free" moves, can you pay to move at other times?

The guild I am in is alright. There are some nice people, but there are select few who are pretty tight and they stick to themselves - and they are the officers. It's hard to get help leveling. I also got in crap for taking something from bank without asking, which I thought was lame because I give way more to the bank then I ever take. To make it worse, it was a locked box that I took and the only reason I took it was because I thought I was doing a favour for someone by opening it and putting the loot back in the bank.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:13 PM   #100
Ethaniel
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Do you think that me, being a lowly lvl 37 right now, will miss anything without the WOTLK expansion, or do I still have a ways to go before it even matters?

Ethaniel, with such a busy realm, do you find you have any latency issues? I have never had to wait in a queue in my realm. Is it possible to change realms? They say you can't, but then recently they had what they called "free" realm moves for people in really busy realms. If they were "free" moves, can you pay to move at other times?

The guild I am in is alright. There are some nice people, but there are select few who are pretty tight and they stick to themselves - and they are the officers. It's hard to get help leveling. I also got in crap for taking something from bank without asking, which I thought was lame because I give way more to the bank then I ever take. To make it worse, it was a locked box that I took and the only reason I took it was because I thought I was doing a favour for someone by opening it and putting the loot back in the bank.
Busy realm there is no latency issues, but the Queue is a whore to say the least. 45 minutes last night for some people to get on.
Blizzard has just released Free Transfers for my server and others but being that I am in the second best guild on Alleria I wont be going anywhere (hope others do). You can transfer at almost anytime by paying money.

As for the guild. I would honestly not worry to much about the guild at lvl 37 but if you don't like the people I am sure you could find another very quickly. I have come to realize that unless you are in a very very good end game guild you wont get much help other than random PUG's.

You won't be missing anything special in Northrend because it will all be there when you get there. You are probably in a better place cause you wont have to wait for mobs to respawn to get the kills etc. like we all do currently.

Literally just enjoy the game the best way you know how and play it for the fun, not for anything else. You will get to the expansion and then you will get to northrend and you will love it that much more. Blizzard as a company making MMO's has only gotten better at what they do. The quests in Northrend/Outlands are 5 - 10 times better than quests in classic.

Minecraft and more!