Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-26-2015, 01:09 PM   #1
FCAV
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Painting (Interior)?

Anyone on CP do some painting? I have a living room I'm looking to have done, and potentially another bedroom and bathroom. Looking to go from a grey to white, so I'm thinking two quotes would be required.

Fire me over a PM but also feel free to pump your tires in this thread given it's in the CP Power Ring.
FCAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:14 PM   #2
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I'd be interested as well. CP needs a painter in here. A lot of money could be made.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:18 PM   #3
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm horrible, but I'll do it for $500. (CP discount)
MillerTime GFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:42 PM   #4
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not a painter myself, but I used Platinum Pro Painters this summer to do pretty much my entire house and the work was amazing and price more then fair. I had walls pretty much beaten up by previous owners and they patched and polyed probably 200 holes and dings before painting and the walls look amazing now.

Chris is the owner and his number is (587) 434-4904. If you do go with them, ask to have Frank and Steve. They were perfectionists, far past what I would have called perfection.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:25 AM   #5
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Drury18, care to share the square feet of work and price you paid?
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:48 PM   #6
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't have exacts on the sqft but I believe it was something in the range of 1300 sq ft (my entire upper floor hallway, 2 bedrooms, stairway with 10 ft ceiling, main floor hallways, entrances, kitchen, basement stairwell, entire basement living area) and my final cost was $2,100.

This included 4 paint colours, having a two coloured feature wall on the 10ft ceiling stairway (considered special work), as well as NUMEROUS wall repairs. They also did 3 coats of paint on most walls because it was a rather drastic colour change that couldn't be done in 2 (went from the previous owners yellow/brown/puke colour to a bright white and bright blue). Due to the damage on the walls, the wall repair budget itself was $400, the painting was $1,750. The entire job was done by 2 guys and they finished in 2.5 days.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2015, 07:20 PM   #7
Leapfrog
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Hello CP...

I have worked as a painter in years past (summers while in Uni etc). My schedule is VERY flexible, so I would be open to a project here and there.

Just finished my dad's place actually... and still in "painting mode".

Not sure how pricing would go, but I can guarantee it would be cheaper than hiring a "real" painter. Cost for materials, and then we'd negotiate the labour on top.

Send me a pm if you're interested.
Leapfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:11 AM   #8
Mortgage Made Easy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

We recently renovated our main floor and had excellent trades people in doing the work. Our painter was excellent... if you're interested in a quote, email or call and mention my name.

Greg Boguslavsky
P: 403-837-7541
E: straight_edge@shaw.ca
Mortgage Connect
www.TimLacroix.com

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or email forums@timlacroix.com

Click here to View current Mortgage Rates

Mortgage Made Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:43 PM   #9
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

I recommend just doing it yourself or, if you can, with your spouse. No better bonding time than painting your home together unless you have some flat-packed Ikea furniture to try to assemble.

The wife and I just painted our new basement development and now we're starting on the main floor. The constant critiques of my painting abilities and consequent challenges to my manhood helped keep our relationship interesting. And staying up until 2:00 am to fix my ######ups after a long day at the office had me sleeping like a baby (could have been the paint fumes too, not sure). FYI: the only way to really fix those spots where the wall paint got on your knockdown ceiling is to repaint the entire ceiling. FUN TIMES!

I can't wait to try painting the walls leading from the mainfloor to the upstairs. The walls must be 20 feet high. I'm looking forward to finding new and innovative ways to mess that up or fall off the ladder trying.
fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fredr123 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2015, 01:08 PM   #10
FCAV
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortgage Made Easy View Post
We recently renovated our main floor and had excellent trades people in doing the work. Our painter was excellent... if you're interested in a quote, email or call and mention my name.

Greg Boguslavsky
P: 403-837-7541
E: straight_edge@shaw.ca
I went with Greg on this recommendation and couldn't have been happier. Great work. Great guy. If you're painting, go to him.
FCAV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FCAV For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2015, 07:54 AM   #11
ozzy
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Thumbs up

I went with Leapfrog and he did an exceptional job. Our house looks so nice now.
If you are on a budget I would recommend Leapfrog, his prices are lower than any painting company, and the jobs is as good if not better than them.

Thanks Leapfrog
ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:58 AM   #12
Leapfrog
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
I went with Leapfrog and he did an exceptional job. Our house looks so nice now.
If you are on a budget I would recommend Leapfrog, his prices are lower than any painting company, and the jobs is as good if not better than them.

Thanks Leapfrog
Thank for your the kind words Ozzy!! It was a pleasure meeting you and your family.

If anyone out in CP land needs any work done, you can reach me at 587.899.7708, or PM me here.

My work is quality, as I am VERY meticulous in wall repair and attention to detail. I stand behind my work 100%

-jeff-

Last edited by Leapfrog; 06-24-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:35 AM   #13
Leapfrog
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Hello CP...

I have some open spots in my schedule, so if any one needs any painting done before Christmas... please let me know! Days, evenings or weekends....Whatever works for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Old 12-26-2015, 05:14 PM   #14
Buzzard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just like to mention, Leapfrog -Jeff-, did some pain in the ass painting for us that we are happy with. My wife is kinda picky as both Surferguy and now Leapfrog know, but they did a great job. Both come highly recommended!
Buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buzzard For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2016, 08:34 AM   #15
Leapfrog
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Just like to mention, Leapfrog -Jeff-, did some pain in the ass painting for us that we are happy with. My wife is kinda picky as both Surferguy and now Leapfrog know, but they did a great job. Both come highly recommended!

Thanks for the kind words BUZZARD!

If anyone has some painting needs.... please let me know!!