Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2017, 12:04 AM   #241
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
Atta boy Scorpion!!
#CalledIt

He's been a terrific pickup. Anything and everything I could have hoped for.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
bax
Old 03-20-2017, 12:17 AM   #242
TheFlamesVan
Retired

Exp:

Did anyone even read Doughtys comments?
TheFlamesVan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheFlamesVan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 12:21 AM   #243
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Through this entire turnaround, and now into the stretch where the Flames are completely dominating and throwing up wins like they are nothing, I haven't heard a peep at all about Gulutzan being mentioned for the Jack Adams. He definitely at least deserves some consideration now. He has this team working like a big red machine.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 12:21 AM   #244
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's another angle floating around that shows mostly shoulder to head. The salt coming from Oil country is hilarious, definitely in their heads a bit.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 12:22 AM   #245
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tkachuks elbow was for sure dirty. I would be surprised if he doesn't get suspended for it.

I'm okay with that. It means the next dman will think twice before going into the corner with him. If he'll Gordie Howe Doughty to the face, who WON'T he do it to?

Love the kid. Glad he's on our side.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:27 AM   #246
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

I wouldn't be surprised if Tkachuk gets 2 games for that. Really dirty hit to the head. But as previously stated it will make defensmen think twice about going into the corners with him, which is only a good thing.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:41 AM   #247
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I didn't find anything wrong with the reverse hit Tkachuk gave to Doughty. If Doughty didn't want to get his face hit, he shouldn't have put it there. Simple.

And great game by the Flames

NSFW!
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TjRhythmic For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 12:43 AM   #248
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
Through this entire turnaround, and now into the stretch where the Flames are completely dominating and throwing up wins like they are nothing, I haven't heard a peep at all about Gulutzan being mentioned for the Jack Adams. He definitely at least deserves some consideration now. He has this team working like a big red machine.
I kind of hope Gullys name doesn't come up, look what happen to our last coach who received the JA....

But Elliot Friedman, on Friday, did say his name is in the conversation, along with 5 other coaches.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:45 AM   #249
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Darryl Sutter post game quote....

Quote:
On whether it’s surprising that some skill players weren’t sharp in Game 71:
You know what? You better give the other team some credit. You know, there’s two teams out there every night. We had some young guys that are not probably used to being in this position in terms of what they have to bring every night and playing on the road – things like that.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:54 AM   #250
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gaudreau and Monahan were absolutely fantastic tonight. Chiasson looked good on that line too. I've liked his game lately.

Lazar was good. Nothing amazing, but really solid and brought some good energy.

Our defense is really solid right now, both the blue line and in net. If Gio had played like this all year I think he'd be a Norris candidate. He's been great lately.

Tkachuk's elbow was dirty, but I don't have a problem with it. He'll get a game or two for it I think, but I love the way he plays and I love that he's not afraid to go after star players.

Nothing makes me happier than seeing Drew Doughty lose. I don't know why, I really like Doughty, but seeing him lose and getting all whiney and pissy really makes my day. Probably because it means the Flames just beat him.
N-E-B is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 01:10 AM   #251
sec304
First Line Centre

Exp:

What a great game to take my nephew to, we had a blast! GFG!
sec304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:19 AM   #252
ZedMan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_starter View Post
I want that hat !!
Pretty sure I have that hat, it's by Mitchell & Ness. Looks like they don't make it any more, but this site says they have it: http://inmyclosetshop247.bigcartel.c...6sb-fas-7flame
ZedMan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZedMan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 01:43 AM   #253
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Hahahahahahahaha suck it Doughty, love your tears
Pretty much.

Wiyh the #### Doughty has got awy with in his career he could open up a a lumber store. You know since he is such a professional lumber jack with how he can swing his axe.
For what it ia worth mattew didn't look like he caught him with an elbow on the replays. It looked liked his shoulder/ shoulder blade area. I personally thoight Doughty embellished it.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to combustiblefuel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 02:00 AM   #254
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
It wasn't a hit. It was an elbow to the head. If that was on Gaudreau we'd have 8 threads up already calling for Doughty"s head.

How is calling out a clear cheap elbow to the head "pussification of the world"? Literally makes no sense.
Gordie Howe and Mark Messier are famous for their dirty elbows. People didn't mess with them once it got around that they just didn't care if they hurt you.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:09 AM   #255
bob-loblaw
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think if any discipline happens to Tkachuk it will just a fine. But if it's a suspension and we call someone up, does a call up because of a suspension count towards the four we can do after the trade deadline?
bob-loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:41 AM   #256
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racki View Post
On the Tkachuk hit. Who gives a ####? Why are Flames fans spending so much time trying to hang the kid? Ok, it was an elbow. It was dirty. Doughty is fine and Tkachuk is a Flame!

We just kicked LA's ass in our biggest game of the season. OUR team looks great. Why spend so the whole PGT trying to indict one of our best players.
Exactly. He was situationally aware against one of the best defensemen in the league. Made himself big, which resulted in the elbow. This was a result of previous plays... does not make it right. It happened. Doughty is a big boy and has laid some big questionable hits out over his career.

It was a pivotal point in the game. Also, as a result of the play, LA responded in KIND with their own super dirty elbow hit on Tcachuk in retaliation. AND based on Gio's response was SUPER intentional to cause injury.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:09 AM   #257
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarywinning View Post
Exactly. He was situationally aware against one of the best defensemen in the league. Made himself big, which resulted in the elbow. This was a result of previous plays... does not make it right. It happened. Doughty is a big boy and has laid some big questionable hits out over his career.

It was a pivotal point in the game. Also, as a result of the play, LA responded in KIND with their own super dirty elbow hit on Tcachuk in retaliation. AND based on Gio's response was SUPER intentional to cause injury.
Only Shawn michels had a more direct flyimg elbow than Pearson did.

combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to combustiblefuel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 03:39 AM   #258
megatron
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just finished the game. Won't weight into the debate about Tkachuck, but I thought the Flames played fantastic. They capitalized on their chances and went into full LOCK DOWN mode in the 3rd period. I haven't seen a Flames team play that confidently holding a lead since like 05-06.

Some points:

- It's great having more than one line that can step up. When the 3M line isn't going, Johnny/Mony step up. They both could have had multiple goals tonight.

- The puck must look like a beach ball out there for Elliott. Since that 5-10-1 start as a team, he's 20-7-3 with a 2.03GAA and a .920 SV% (by my rough calculations)

- The defence has been stepping up every night with contributions to the offence -- and it hasn't just been Gio and Hamilton. Stone, Brodie, Engelland Bart and yes, even Wideman have contributed during this crazy run.

So damn proud.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:39 AM   #259
megatron
First Line Centre

Exp:

Forgot obligatory dancing gif:

Old 03-20-2017, 03:53 AM   #260
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
I really don't get how people are reading "sour" or "crying" into this.

That to me is very professional and fair commentary. Focuses on what he knows of what happened, openly admits there's been rough stuff going both ways between him and Tkachuck the whole season, even says he didn't think Tkachuk tried to hurt him. The way he puts "he's a young guy in the league" at the end there sounds like he doesn't want people to judge Tkachuk too harshly.

This to me sounds like a guy who gets that s*** happens when you play physical hockey and isn't trying to make huge deal about it.

(And yes, Tkachuk is kind of a dirty player. And that's unusual for a rookie. Kind of pointing out the obvious there.)
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote