Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2017, 11:12 PM   #1101
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
The best thing to do would be to give it to whichever wife that Negan is sleeping with for the night. Most likely Amber since she wants to die.
That was a story the other two concocted to get him to make the pills so they could feed them to Negan. Eugene called them on it and refused to give them the pills. Why do you think they asked for two pills when one would do the job?

If they failed or are found out, he's a dead man. It would be pretty easy figure out who made them.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:13 AM   #1102
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

I wasn't so sure they were going to use them at all. I thought perhaps Negan was testing Eugene, and when he didn't give them the pills he was right there to confirm Eugene was part of their group.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 07:28 AM   #1103
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Good theory, didn't think of that. But we can agree that they were not really for Amber.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:37 AM   #1104
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Eugene grinned to himself a few times during the episode. He's playing them.

I immediately remembered the commercial jingle when I saw the Atari video game:

"Yars Re-venge is new from Atari....."

I think I watched too much TV 35 years ago
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 02:57 PM   #1105
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2017, 07:05 PM   #1106
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe it's me but I kind of hope this is the 2nd last season. Tie things up with Negan at the end of this season or early next then work to some sort of half trajic/half happy ever ending. I think the show has run it's course.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2017, 08:14 PM   #1107
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Maybe it's me but I kind of hope this is the 2nd last season. Tie things up with Negan at the end of this season or early next then work to some sort of half trajic/half happy ever ending. I think the show has run it's course.
No one is forcing anyone to watch.

The show has never been on the level of shows like GoT or Breaking Bad, but TWD is entertaining television. I think it's the audience size it attracts, but for whatever reason people love to complain about TWD, particularly on internet forums.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2017, 07:53 AM   #1108
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

You forget how people used to rage on BB for some episodes. "Do we really need another episode about Hank's rock collection or Marie's shoplifting?! I can't watch anymore! Skylar sucks!"

Even for a series as tight as BB people will complain.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:56 AM   #1109
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
You forget how people used to rage on BB for some episodes. "Do we really need another episode about Hank's rock collection or Marie's shoplifting?! I can't watch anymore! Skylar sucks!"

Even for a series as tight as BB people will complain.
Its what people do.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:15 PM   #1110
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
No one is forcing anyone to watch.

The show has never been on the level of shows like GoT or Breaking Bad, but TWD is entertaining television. I think it's the audience size it attracts, but for whatever reason people love to complain about TWD, particularly on internet forums.
I still watch but I don't know how many more seasons I can tune into the same storyline of the group stumbling on to the next Governor or Negan that is threatening their existence. Zombies aren't really part of the show anymore and it feels like they have blown their wad with the Negan story line as where do they go from here? Another bad ass villain with his army? Been there done that. I would hope for maybe some sort of new zombie mutation or possibly animals getting the infection to change things up. Bottom line is that I've invested years in watching this show and it would be a shame to not see it to the end but that's kind of where the show is heading and I'm watching it more out of completion than enjoyment.

The ratings are down almost 25% from last season and are at a 4-year low but even at that it's still one of the most watched shows on TV so AMC will likely want to milk this out as long as possible. I just hope they have a long term vision that involves more than bean counters trying to milk ratings as long as possible.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:25 PM   #1111
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It would re-invigorate the show if they had it spread to animals, or perhaps partially infect humans, where they temporarily turn or something. I'll keep watching the show, but they have kind of lost most of the fear from the walkers.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:54 PM   #1112
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
It would re-invigorate the show if they had it spread to animals, or perhaps partially infect humans, where they temporarily turn or something. I'll keep watching the show, but they have kind of lost most of the fear from the walkers.
Yeah, they've transitioned the show from 'zombies' to dealing with the fallout of a zombie apocalypse and while I'm okay with that for the most part, I do feel like they should be "Making Zombies Great Again!"

The zombies have sort of transitioned into background characters that are only really terrifying when each subsequent sadist finds something neat to do with them like dump them into small compounds or the herd extermination.

What would be a real twist is if the zombies just sort of get better after a while. They unzombify.

You dont know how, why or who its going to happen to but now you cant just kill the zombies indiscriminately because they could just randomly get better.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 03-02-2017, 02:04 PM   #1113
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
What would be a real twist is if the zombies just sort of get better after a while.
Hahahah, "sort of get better"

GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2017, 02:07 PM   #1114
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
It would be interesting if they could make the zombies into a valued item, perhaps come up with a way to make them into a fuel, use them to jump start society.

suddenly the survivors would need/want the zombies.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:19 PM   #1115
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Rather than going on a continuous cycle of dealing with the next bad guy outfit (governor, negan) I would like it if they spent some time focusing on the search for a cure, maybe give us a few more hints that there is still some group out there working on a fix. Was that explosion at the CDC location way back in season 1 really the complete end of any chance for a cure?

What is happening in other countries? Could they incorporate a bit of a worldwide scope somehow?
greyshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:26 PM   #1116
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyshep View Post
Rather than going on a continuous cycle of dealing with the next bad guy outfit (governor, negan) I would like it if they spent some time focusing on the search for a cure, maybe give us a few more hints that there is still some group out there working on a fix. Was that explosion at the CDC location way back in season 1 really the complete end of any chance for a cure?

What is happening in other countries? Could they incorporate a bit of a worldwide scope somehow?
There are no other countries! Only Georgia!

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2017, 02:28 PM   #1117
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If that's the show you want, you might as well give up now. It's never going to be that.

Quote:
That's basically what Fear the Walking Dead is doing, and it's not very good.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:30 PM   #1118
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

I would really love for the series to take a turn towards resolution as well (it can still take 2 to 3 more seasons). Once the story with Negan is complete (giant war with all the different groups involved is my thinking), I would like for Rick's group to leave the area. I wouldn't mind them going on a lengthy road trip (possibly to Canada) and coming across cities that have managed to regain control and get basic infrastructure up and running. I would love for a cure to be discovered and a final explanation as to how all this even started. The cure would only work on living humans in that whatever is afflicting them is gone so whenever they die they no longer turn. Zombies will still remain zombies. The final episode would see civilization regroup and go on a massive hunt to eliminate every last walker. Call me old fashioned, but in this case I would like to see a happy resolution.

As a side note, I kind of wish that TWD could go back to a more horror based show. It is no longer scary by any means. I still think that the very first episode with Rick escaping the hospital and encountering the first half-corpse crawling walker was brilliant and very intense.
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Familia For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2017, 02:35 PM   #1119
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Familia View Post
I would really love for the series to take a turn towards resolution as well (it can still take 2 to 3 more seasons). Once the story with Negan is complete (giant war with all the different groups involved is my thinking), I would like for Rick's group to leave the area. I wouldn't mind them going on a lengthy road trip (possibly to Canada) and coming across cities that have managed to regain control and get basic infrastructure up and running. I would love for a cure to be discovered and a final explanation as to how all this even started. The cure would only work on living humans in that whatever is afflicting them is gone so whenever they die they no longer turn. Zombies will still remain zombies. The final episode would see civilization regroup and go on a massive hunt to eliminate every last walker. Call me old fashioned, but in this case I would like to see a happy resolution.

That is essentially the plot of the book WWZ

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:47 PM   #1120
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
If that's the show you want, you might as well give up now. It's never going to be that.
I realize it wont likely go that way, just a personal wish that I think might help the series not be so stale and repetitive. I will still watch it to the end as I have invested a lot of time in the series and still enjoy it most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
That's basically what Fear the Walking Dead is doing, and it's not very good.
I dont really count Mexico or Canada as other countries in what I was intending. I guess I should have clarified further. Other continents??

FTWD is terrible.
greyshep is offline   Reply With Quote