Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #81
Young-Sneezy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
Too late - I know her name and that she is hot, or, even better, hot & crazy. So you know the sex will be great. Remember, $10, kids. To make it even more exciting - a matching $10 to CP.
dude, you're kind of too into this joke bet... whats stopping you from concurring this amazing "feat"; if the answer is you are too old to attend univeristy, or graduated, or are an old balls then is like 4 times as creepy.
Young-Sneezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #82
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Maybe all you Canadians leave the room, and the rest of foreigners with nothing to fear can continue the discussion.

On a completely unrelated note, has there ever been anything lamer than goth culture?
Vampire 'culture.' I use the term 'culture' loosely as vampires dont exist and are thus rather precluded from actually having a culture.

Interesting reading the different thoughts and opinions on this.

First of all, the whole thing about keeping her name a secret is patently absurd and makes the authorities just look foolish. "You cant say or know her name!!!" Two seconds and Google and that problem is solved. So what now?

Secondly, its rather difficult to feel sorry for her. Despite the fact that she conspired to kill her family and seems rather unremorseful about it, the whole thing seems to be based on her age. Not to mention, reading some of the facts surrounding the case including correspondance between the two whackjobs leads me to believe that the argument of her being manipulated into doing it doesnt hold much weight.

She was willingly still corresponding with her, I dunno what to call him, werewolf associate? When they were both behind bars and he couldnt possibly have any additional power over her. And although they did eventually 'break-up' his three life sentences might have had some influence on that.

Not to mention, read some of the crap he wrote, he strikes me as genuinely ######ed. This guy couldnt influence a fat kid to eat cake.

On the upside, she'll actually be legal by the time her BF gets out of jail.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #83
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young-Sneezy View Post
dude, you're kind of too into this bet... whats stopping you from concurring this amazing "feat"; if the answer is you are too old to attend univeristy, or graduated, or are an old balls then is like 4 times as creepy.
Too old, too married, and, frankly, scared of her. I just want to live vicariously through you kids. Or, you know, I could just be killing time amusing myself on the interwebz.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #84
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
I'd also say that you were a pretty terrible friend if you knew you had a duty to her to keep something quiet and still ran to CP to post about it.

I'm not sure if that is a generalization or a shot at me for the last part of my post but my friend knew full well what I was doing with the info and I never hid that fact.

Nevertheless, I did my best to be discreet.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:08 PM   #85
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I'm not sure if that is a generalization or a shot at me for the last part of my post but my friend knew full well what I was doing with the info and I never hid that fact.

Nevertheless, I did my best to be discreet.
I guess it would be both, but if your friend knew about it it's really her being a pretty terrible employee more than anything else. I don't get people that disclose sensitive info knowing full well that they shouldn't be doing it. What's the gain to offset the risk? You feel cool? Important? Sometimes things slip out, or you tell a story that has a few more details than it should have, but to full on blabber about confidential information makes no sense to me.
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #86
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
I guess it would be both, but if your friend knew about it it's really her being a pretty terrible employee more than anything else. I don't get people that disclose sensitive info knowing full well that they shouldn't be doing it. What's the gain to offset the risk? You feel cool? Important? Sometimes things slip out, or you tell a story that has a few more details than it should have, but to full on blabber about confidential information makes no sense to me.
Have you never thanked a post of someone who disclosed a signing, trade, injury etc on CP? That's all I did with the injury.

This site is great because people come here to break deals. Be it because they heard it from a close friend or otherwise.

Although I couldn't find the post, I thought I posted about either Dion's foot or Hammer's hand in 06 or 07 well before it was made public after the playoffs. The important thing isn't to say "my friend who...", you should post the info and PM the mods in necessary or say in your post "mods PM me for verification."

Obviously sharing information about an incarcerated psycopath is quite a bit more serious than an NHL signing, trade, injury though. I would likely only ever share NHL related info.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #87
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
I suspect he made that part up. A person could loose thier job if they broke confidentiality rules.
She told me herself. I don't know exactly how I could prove to you what she said, but she said it. It's your choice if you want to believe it or not.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #88
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
She told me herself. I don't know exactly how I could prove to you what she said, but she said it. It's your choice if you want to believe it or not.
You aren't quite following.

People aren't quesitoning if it was made up, as much as they are questioning why you are putting your friends job in jeopardy for a breach of confidentiality if it is true.
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #89
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
You aren't quite following.

People aren't quesitoning if it was made up, as much as they are questioning why you are putting your friends job in jeopardy for a breach of confidentiality if it is true.
Read the post I quoted.

And my God, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. All she told me was she was like any other normal 13 year old girl who drew pictures and like talking about girly things. What exactly is 'secretive' about that? *News Flash* All preteen girls that age do those kind of things. It's not like she told me this 'secret' information and I came 'running to CP' to post it like some said. She told me that a couple weeks after her arrest 3-4 years ago. And not that it matters, but she is no longer in that position and works in a completely different industry in another country. So no I'm not worried about being a 'terrible friend' who might cause her to lose her job.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #90
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

This whole event went down only a few blocks from my parents' house in Medicine Hat. I've followed the case closely, and have read the book "Runaway Devil" (its a quick read if anyone's interested in the case).

I don't care that she was 12 at the time, I'm appalled that she's already in the community and enjoying a free university education courtesy Alberta taxpayers. She is evil incarnate, and she is very lucky Canada's laws for young offenders did not contemplate such a vile crime as this.

Jeremy Steinke, who's name is not banned from publication, was the then 23 year old who killed her mother and father at her insistence. He was completely screwed up on drugs most of his life, was immature, and had an awful upbringing (his mother is no winner).

The girl is at least 1/2 at fault for these crimes. She was mature beyond her years and put Steinke up to killing her entire family in exchange for her offering to then live with him. I'm not excusing him at all, he will stay in prison for a long time, and he deserves worse than that.

I believe in rehabilitation for young offenders but I also believe in punishment, and this is a case where the punishment is really lacking. She is going to graduate with a government paid university degree at age 22 and be free as a bird. She lost her parents but I have no sympathy for her, she wanted them to die. She stabbed her 8 year old brother who cried "I'm too young to die!".
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kjesse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #91
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Have you never thanked a post of someone who disclosed a signing, trade, injury etc on CP? That's all I did with the injury.

This site is great because people come here to break deals. Be it because they heard it from a close friend or otherwise.

Although I couldn't find the post, I thought I posted about either Dion's foot or Hammer's hand in 06 or 07 well before it was made public after the playoffs. The important thing isn't to say "my friend who...", you should post the info and PM the mods in necessary or say in your post "mods PM me for verification."

Obviously sharing information about an incarcerated psycopath is quite a bit more serious than an NHL signing, trade, injury though. I would likely only ever share NHL related info.
While I appreciate the distinction you are making the actual offence is the same in both cases being disclosing confidential information of a person who is under your medical care. I am pretty sure the Alberta Health Act is the legislation, if not the PIPPA. If these people were doctors then the Medical Professions Act and the Rules and Regulations of the College of Physicians may also come into play.

It is the same (sort of without getting technicalities about privilege) as a lawyer coming home and telling about the confession his client made to him and where the money is buried.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #92
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I did read the post.

How I interpreted it was "If what you are saying is true (and I think you made it up), why would you jeopardize your friends career." I don't really care either way, just making an observation.
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #93
macker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
Too old, too married, and, frankly, scared of her. I just want to live vicariously through you kids. Or, you know, I could just be killing time amusing myself on the interwebz.

Feelings likely mutual. Hopefully she now knows enough to watch out for the crazies on the internet and to stay away from men 10+ years older than her. Unless you are one of these 12 year olds that is married not sure about the humor. Find nothing funny about any of it
macker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #94
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Give us her name so we can report her

She also told you in confidence probably believing you would keep to yourself what she told you. I'm sure she wouldn't be too happy you are posting said stuff on a message board.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #95
Yasa
First Line Centre

Exp:

We should ask what the family thinks.
Yasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #96
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasa View Post

jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 04:47 PM   #97
themedicineman
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote from Steinke in a letter he wrote to her:
"I love you more than life its self, I've added you to my visitors lists so once your released please visit often. Never forget how much I care or that I love you. We can keep writing each other till we can be together again. Without you this life isn’t worth living… U said you want to get engaged? Then here's a Q...Will U marry me? If so then it is a verbal agreement!"
And this is the reply letter:
"Ahahaha! I never thought I'd find myself hystericaly laughing in a holding cell in these kinds of circumstances...or ever really. But still! ahaha you make me so happy! Yes! Yes! I will, I would love to… Interesting information I came across. Anything you can say to anyone, including a phycistrist, unless issued by a lawyer can be used against you! For f--ks sake. Rawr. The world really is against us."

Just sick. She goes on to talk about them being immortal now that everyone will remember what they did. That is not someone who is wanting to be rehabilitated it's sickening she got surgery done to alter her looks and a free education courtesy of tax payers dollars.

I also was a first year high school student when this took place and you have no idea how many people it affected, especially her friends that were closest to her and the ones that I know personally still really haven't gotten over it completely.
themedicineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #98
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Vampire 'culture.' I use the term 'culture' loosely as vampires dont exist and are thus rather precluded from actually having a culture.

Lol, there was a South Park episode on goths vs. vamps that used pretty much that same point.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #99
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasa View Post
The family stands by her.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #100
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by themedicineman View Post
Quote from Steinke in a letter he wrote to her:
"I love you more than life its self, I've added you to my visitors lists so once your released please visit often. Never forget how much I care or that I love you. We can keep writing each other till we can be together again. Without you this life isn’t worth living… U said you want to get engaged? Then here's a Q...Will U marry me? If so then it is a verbal agreement!"
And this is the reply letter:
"Ahahaha! I never thought I'd find myself hystericaly laughing in a holding cell in these kinds of circumstances...or ever really. But still! ahaha you make me so happy! Yes! Yes! I will, I would love to… Interesting information I came across. Anything you can say to anyone, including a phycistrist, unless issued by a lawyer can be used against you! For f--ks sake. Rawr. The world really is against us."

Just sick. She goes on to talk about them being immortal now that everyone will remember what they did. That is not someone who is wanting to be rehabilitated it's sickening she got surgery done to alter her looks and a free education courtesy of tax payers dollars.

I also was a first year high school student when this took place and you have no idea how many people it affected, especially her friends that were closest to her and the ones that I know personally still really haven't gotten over it completely.
There's not many times I wish people would go vigilante; but this sounds like one case where someone just needs to take the law into their own hands, or perhaps put her back in jail. If those messages are real, then it sounds like there is no remorse in this girl and she needs to be taken out of society. I wish...she'll continue to mooch off the state and then be a free adult and can get a house in the NE and work in Walmart
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote