Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-27-2016, 04:26 PM   #521
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
Yeah I've started noticing golf carts with some kind of wireless speaker on them. Is that becoming the norm? Because it's really fkn annoying.
At my friends course in Plano Texas it's VERY common to have music in the carts. Loud Music.

I take a speaker with me but it's very low. Anyone besides my cart mate would likely be unaware its playing at all. I like it.

I asked the starter at my course and he says it is very rare for him to see people using Bluetooth speakers.
prarieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 04:45 PM   #522
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Golf is pretty boring so anything to make it better. Take away booze and the courses would be empty. Hopefully we'll see small screens on carts so that other sports can be watched while waiting or in between holes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
Yeah I've started noticing golf carts with some kind of wireless speaker on them. Is that becoming the norm? Because it's really fkn annoying.
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 05:21 PM   #523
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by united View Post
Why don't you guys just wet a portion of your towel at the beginning of each round? That way you can clean your club after each shot, too. Failing that, these guys work pretty good specifically for balls:
http://www.golfsmith.com/product/300...)#BVRRWidgetID

I can't remember the last time I used a ball washer stand to be honest.
This!
Old 05-28-2016, 12:38 AM   #524
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by united View Post
Why don't you guys just wet a portion of your towel at the beginning of each round? That way you can clean your club after each shot, too. Failing that, these guys work pretty good specifically for balls:
http://www.golfsmith.com/product/300...)#BVRRWidgetID

I can't remember the last time I used a ball washer stand to be honest.
My course has a plastic bucket full of water on the first and tenth hole for golfers to wet their towels. It's become popular to a have a wet towel to clean your balls, clubface of your irons and more importantly the grips on your clubs.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:46 AM   #525
GomerPile
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I may be oddly superstitious, I hate cleaning anything if I am playing well. A big pile of mud on my club/ball would really be the only thing. I must have started when I was a kid I guess. People often comment how dirty my irons and balls are. I have really dirty pants and shins at the end of a round as well, if it wont swipe off on my legs, then its meant to be there.

Anyone else have odd superstitions or anything along those lines on the course?
GomerPile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 11:36 AM   #526
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GomerPile View Post
I may be oddly superstitious, I hate cleaning anything if I am playing well. A big pile of mud on my club/ball would really be the only thing. I must have started when I was a kid I guess. People often comment how dirty my irons and balls are. I have really dirty pants and shins at the end of a round as well, if it wont swipe off on my legs, then its meant to be there.

Anyone else have odd superstitions or anything along those lines on the course?
No, but sometimes a certain ball or tee isn't working very well and needs to be switched.

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:26 PM   #527
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played Sirocco today. Pace was pretty good. We were done in 4:15 which is really good considering they are cart path only at the moment.

Course is not in the best shape. Probably as bad as I've ever seen it. Greens have dead patches on them, and there are weeds everywhere on the course. The bunkers are borderline unplayable, most of them are hard mud.

I won't be back anytime soon. Heritage is a much better value right now.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:16 AM   #528
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played water valley yesterday. We received a pace of play warning after 8 holes for being 1 hour and 48 minutes, which is apparently slow now for a foursome? That's a 4 hour 3 minute pace which I don't think is unreasonable at all.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 10:59 AM   #529
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
Played water valley yesterday. We received a pace of play warning after 8 holes for being 1 hour and 48 minutes, which is apparently slow now for a foursome? That's a 4 hour 3 minute pace which I don't think is unreasonable at all.
Ya, a lot of the employees there are in no danger of being well liked.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flabbibulin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2016, 11:01 AM   #530
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

I find the same thing at WV with the employees. It's in good condition though - played there the last two Tuesdays and for $45 a round it's a beautiful and challenging track.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:09 AM   #531
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really enjoyed the course. $60 for a weekend round is a good deal. Just couldn't get past being told to hurry up, when we weren't even a little slow.

We played in 3 hours 45 minutes exactly and had a marshal watching us virtually the whole time from hole 8 to 16.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:22 AM   #532
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What is with that place?!
DoubleK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleK For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2016, 04:12 PM   #533
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

Quote:
Really enjoyed the course. $60 for a weekend round is a good deal. Just couldn't get past being told to hurry up, when we weren't even a little slow.

We played in 3 hours 45 minutes exactly and had a marshal watching us virtually the whole time from hole 8 to 16.
I had the same experience playing the Hamptons a couple years ago. I won't play there again

Last edited by prarieboy; 05-29-2016 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Spelling as usual
prarieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 04:48 PM   #534
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

I feel like in those situations you have to tell the marshal to piss off. You're paying good money to play.

Besides, does he not realize that most people play worse with someone hovering telling then to hurry up?

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:37 PM   #535
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post
I feel like in those situations you have to tell the marshal to piss off. You're paying good money to play.

Besides, does he not realize that most people play worse with someone hovering telling then to hurry up?
Yep, we were once really told off by the miserable SOB at water valley for playing through at the request of the slower foursome in front of us. Very quiet course otherwise, so no big deal as we were only a twosome. Anyway, he tried to suggest "we dont do that here" to which the guy I was paired up with really went off on him. I believe he was a member and got into it pretty good with him. I didnt say much, but what a ridiculous thing to suggest. Smaller groups playing through, especially on a quiet course, is pretty standard stuff and there was no reason for the marshall to be a pain about it.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 06:09 PM   #536
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've played Water Valley a bunch and I've never had any issue. I'm pretty surprised to hear other people have issues, which is too bad since it's a great little course.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 06:14 PM   #537
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Sounds to me like the marshall was on some power trip.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:42 PM   #538
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco.vidal View Post
Golf is pretty boring so anything to make it better. Take away booze and the courses would be empty. Hopefully we'll see small screens on carts so that other sports can be watched while waiting or in between holes.
I appreciate golf for what it is, and that's a lot of thought and strategy. I'm by no means an exceptional golfer but my brother in law is, and golfing with him has given me a whole level of appreciation I never had before. We are constantly talking placement strategy, course management, club selection etc etc and I would find music to be a total nuisance. Anyway. Just not my thing I guess.

Played D'arcy again this aft. It's in good shape, but be forewarned they aerated the greens on the front 9 recently and putting is like a plinko board. Back 9 greens are in great shape however.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2016, 05:43 PM   #539
2ArmBands
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Well I've gotta problem fellas.

I've got a case of the snap hooks with the Driver. A hook is my usual miss with the driver but it really has taken off and developed into a nasty snap hook. Ball starts left and whips violently right.

Over the last week and a bit I've probably hit 400 balls trying to solve the problem but I just can't seem to solve it. When I'm hitting the ball well I'm drawing it and I'd like to maintain that ball flight.

I've tried drill after drill etc.. My fear is that it's my grip. I have a strong grip and can see 4 nuckles at address. However, if I try to weaken my grip the club feels absolutely terrible in my fingers/hands.

All this and I've got a big golf trip this weekend involving 4 rounds...I've gotta get it fixed. Sigh....

I think I'm actually going to just try and teach myself how to hit a fade with my driver... My irons have been just fine which is the only thing saving me right now.

Sorry for the "cool story bro" but I need to vent over here... I'm losing my mind!!!
2ArmBands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:37 PM   #540
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ArmBands View Post
Well I've gotta problem fellas.

I've got a case of the snap hooks with the Driver. A hook is my usual miss with the driver but it really has taken off and developed into a nasty snap hook. Ball starts left and whips violently right.

Over the last week and a bit I've probably hit 400 balls trying to solve the problem but I just can't seem to solve it. When I'm hitting the ball well I'm drawing it and I'd like to maintain that ball flight.

I've tried drill after drill etc.. My fear is that it's my grip. I have a strong grip and can see 4 nuckles at address. However, if I try to weaken my grip the club feels absolutely terrible in my fingers/hands.

All this and I've got a big golf trip this weekend involving 4 rounds...I've gotta get it fixed. Sigh....

I think I'm actually going to just try and teach myself how to hit a fade with my driver... My irons have been just fine which is the only thing saving me right now.

Sorry for the "cool story bro" but I need to vent over here... I'm losing my mind!!!
Unless you post some video then it's not going to be diagnosed. There are so many things you can be doing, even if you know what your ball is doing.

What I did (you can see the last page) is hit the range a few times, with a few drills in mind for different aspects. Try a good ~20 balls working on the drill, or until you feel you actually accomplished what the drill was aimed at. If that's not helpful, move on to the next. I fixed my slice pretty good on the range but it takes time to work it into the game.

Love these guys https://www.youtube.com/user/meandmygolf
They have a ton of videos for all different faults. They explain what happens if you're doing it, how to correct it, and a few drills to work on, all without too much babble like some other youtubers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheSutterDynasty For This Useful Post:

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow