Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2015, 09:26 AM   #261
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Loved last nights episode.

While they talk about this leading to a tie in with age of Ultron. You can also see the tie in with the Civil War as we have the index, the two shields battling.

Loved Coulson's line after May rescued him ("That's an entrance")

We saw that the relationship between Fitz and Simmons took a step forward, but we also saw where the fault lines are as Simmons was helping alternative shield.

We got to see the fall of shield from the perspective of EJO and saw a return of Lucy Lawless in a flash back.

We saw Sky moving towards becoming Quake and how big her powers are going to get (She is an Avenger). She also left with Gordon (The eyeless dude) when she realized that she couldn't actually control her power, but she was starting to understand it.

We saw Banner's safe house as well.

All in all this was a good and fast episode.

The race is on now to possess and open Fury's tool box. The last scene was interesting as Coulson was sitting on a beach having a drink and Hunter showed up to sign on for the war against other Shield.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #262
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

I feel bad for that dude from Planet of the Apes. He's always getting type casted into these dickhead roles lol.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:58 PM   #263
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
I feel bad for that dude from Planet of the Apes. He's always getting type casted into these dickhead roles lol.

To me he will always be known as the guy who smeared poo all over the walls in Oz.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:14 AM   #264
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Isn't this pretty par for the course with most things Marvel though? Seems to be plenty of organizations with SHIELD, SWORD, ARMOR, HAMMER, etc...
It's not the number (and name) of organizations, it's that the organizations don't make enough sense to me. I need to buy into what they're doing and why at least a bit, otherwise I just can't be bothered to care what happens next and the whole plot becomes irrelevant.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:09 AM   #265
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!

Exp:

Totally invested in this show at the moment with Age of Ultron just about a month away from being released. I wonder what the last scene with Coulson and Hunter was all about, seems like they were in "Tahiti".

ClubFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:55 AM   #266
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, that's what I thought, it was a really weird change of pace scene and had me wondering if it was a dream.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:48 AM   #267
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
It's not the number (and name) of organizations, it's that the organizations don't make enough sense to me. I need to buy into what they're doing and why at least a bit, otherwise I just can't be bothered to care what happens next and the whole plot becomes irrelevant.
It's early on in the storyline, but I expect that one of the Shields will turn into another organization/faction. With the fall of Shield the first time, it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that other factions might form. This week's episode made the newly-introduced faction cool and viable. Stuck on a carrier with a good amount of resources, but a lot of cleaning up to do, which is why it took them so long to rear their heads into the outside world.

Then you look at Coulson's group, studying Inhumans and frequently dealing with alien tech... not sure if anyone else is thinking what I'm thinking given that mutants are off the table for Marvel at the moment...
Old 04-02-2015, 11:19 AM   #268
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Spoiler for size:

Spoiler!
Old 04-02-2015, 12:52 PM   #269
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It's early on in the storyline, but I expect that one of the Shields will turn into another organization/faction. With the fall of Shield the first time, it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that other factions might form. This week's episode made the newly-introduced faction cool and viable. Stuck on a carrier with a good amount of resources, but a lot of cleaning up to do, which is why it took them so long to rear their heads into the outside world.

Then you look at Coulson's group, studying Inhumans and frequently dealing with alien tech... not sure if anyone else is thinking what I'm thinking given that mutants are off the table for Marvel at the moment...
Coulson's group seems like it's own ragtag adhoc team still claiming to be Shield, not a large organization that had the resources for it's own science division and academy and to build the helicarriers in the movies. Does Coulson even have the security detail peons that the original Shield had? The "real" Shield seems to have inherited much more of those resources as well as the personnel.

Last edited by FlameOn; 04-02-2015 at 12:57 PM.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:35 PM   #270
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

You also have to wonder if the new Shield is answerable to a reconstituted World Security council, because Coulson's group doesn't seem to answer to anyone.

At first glance, the new Shield is probably the real shield.

I mean even the stuff with Talbot seems to be really under the table, Coulson is almost like a mercenary king.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:25 PM   #271
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

What if Coulson....isn't Coulson.....

I also have no idea as I haven't watched the show in a little over a year. I know I've missed out.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:22 PM   #272
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Spoiler!

Totally didn't consider that's who was coming back when Coulson said there'd be back-up. Pretty bad-ass.

Also, I'm really enjoying Hunter's character. It's nice having that sarcastic humour around. Every scene with him this episode was gold. Seems to have some good on-screen chemistry with Coulson.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:43 PM   #273
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Really happy with this season, two surprise returns last night, one mentioned above and the other

Spoiler!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2015, 06:37 AM   #274
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

I am in love with this show, so much fun.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:49 AM   #275
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just released ratings seem good:

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (9-10pm – 4.2 million and 1.5/5 in AD18-49): Surging 50% over its lead-in at 9pm, ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. nearly caught CBS’ NCIS: New Orleans for the scripted Adult 18-49 lead in the hour (1.5/5 vs. 1.6/5) and with playback is projected to move ahead of the CBS drama in the L3 and L7 data. S.H.I.E.L.D. was up week to week by 7% in Adults 18-49 (1.5/5 vs. 1.4/4), while spiking 38% with Teens 12-17 to match a best-since-premiere number – since 9/23/14.

The ABC drama grew its hour from the year-ago night (+36% - 1.1/3 for original comedies on 4/8/14) and on average season to date, S.H.I.E.L.D. is improving the slot for ABC by 40% in Adults 18-49 (2.8/8 vs. 2.0/5) over the comparable weeks last season.
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:50 AM   #276
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

It always seems that Whedon shows need time to kind of grow into what they're going to be, and its no different here.

the first half of the season last year wasn't great as they had to develop characters and they seemed to be a monster of the week show, then bam "Out of the Darkness and into the Light"

The Hydra story line flipped the show on its ear and the pace became incredibly fast.

This year that pace has continued, but now the main characters are pretty fully developed and we know their quirks and their pain points.

It helps that they bought in solid supporting actors.

But it seems to be following the Buffy and Angel guide book, you think you've got the big bad pinned down and then you find out that there is a bigger badder bad.

I don't think Cal is the big bad this year, the big bad is in the background and its coming.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:15 AM   #277
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
It always seems that Whedon shows need time to kind of grow into what they're going to be, and its no different here.

the first half of the season last year wasn't great as they had to develop characters and they seemed to be a monster of the week show, then bam "Out of the Darkness and into the Light"

The Hydra story line flipped the show on its ear and the pace became incredibly fast.

This year that pace has continued, but now the main characters are pretty fully developed and we know their quirks and their pain points.

It helps that they bought in solid supporting actors.

But it seems to be following the Buffy and Angel guide book, you think you've got the big bad pinned down and then you find out that there is a bigger badder bad.

I don't think Cal is the big bad this year, the big bad is in the background and its coming.
Some of us here have been enjoying the show from the beginning, but no doubt it took a while for it to hit it's stride. I think the early watchers were expecting more instant gratification a la MCU movies. But Joss clearly wanted to work in a number of origin stories.

Now we're finally getting the emergences of the post Winter Solder SHIELD (and possibly SWORD?), Deathlok, Quake, Mr. Hyde and other Inhumans. Graviton is still in play and they're already starting to drop hints of Black Panther. Now that Enhanced and Inhumans are in play in the show, super powers are starting to make it's way into the forefront and Age of Ultron coming up, makes sense that there would be a rise in ratings.

And yeah there's gotta be a major catch in the show before the season ends that will tie in directly into Ultron (and some big cameos), so it'll be super fun to see where that goes.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:52 AM   #278
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wow talks of a spin-off already!

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/09/shield-spinoff
Old 04-10-2015, 11:54 PM   #279
RinkRat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Anyone interested in all things Marvel like myself needs to check out Daredevil on Netflix, same universe with nods to previous events. First episode was great, looking forward to binge watching the rest.
RinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 04:28 AM   #280
Blarg
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkRat View Post
Anyone interested in all things Marvel like myself needs to check out Daredevil on Netflix, same universe with nods to previous events. First episode was great, looking forward to binge watching the rest.

One word. Incredible.
Blarg is offline   Reply With Quote