Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #381
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Obvious View Post

With the dramatic last second goal by Yakapov I really fail to see why some of you are just unable to accept the right call was made on the ice for the disallowed goal.
It's a judgement call, people see it differently. Accept that.

For the record, I agree with you on this one, but I can see how someone else can see it differently or I can at the very least accept the fact that it can be viewed differently.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #382
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
It's a judgement call, people see it differently. Accept that.

For the record, I agree with you on this one, but I can see how someone else can see it differently or I can at the very least accept that it can be viewed differently.
You seem to be confused. The last few points I've brought up have been with different posters confused on particular points of the rules.

Upset I didn't read your private message? This following me around out of spite really needs to stop, friend.
Captain_Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #383
Boniman
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne7en View Post
Stoll's reaction around 8:15 mark... lol

and immediately after that the TSN announcer says "Gagner was clearly pushed into the goaltending and the ref called it a goal"
Old 01-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #384
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boniman View Post
and immediately after that the TSN announcer says "Gagner was clearly pushed into the goaltending and the ref called it a goal"

And during the actual broadcast when they spent five straight minutes showing the slow motion replay over and over they started it was goaltender interference
Old 01-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #385
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You seem to be confused. The last few points I've brought up have been with different posters confused on particular points of the rules.

Upset I didn't read your private message? This following me around out of spite really needs to stop, friend.
You're boring man.

I was trying to have a hockey discussion and you again turn this into a personal thing.

Back to the topic at hand here, the Gagner interference call is a judgement call. You're on about how you can't understand why people can't accept that it was interference. All I was saying that it's a judgement call, there's two sides to this judgement. You lean one way, others lean the other. Pretty simple really. You think it's cut and dry interfernce, others don't think that it is.

The fact that Kerry Fraser and others have debated this the last 24 hours pretty much shows that it's not the one sided argument that you believe it is.

If the interference was that blatant, no chance Fraser writes the column. He's trying to help people understand the call as he sees it given his experience.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #386
Boniman
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Exactly.

The crowd was into it just as much as he was. Sports are entertainment. There's nothing wrong with making them entertaining. The guy slid on his knees on the ice....big woop. I would prefer more of this, as oppossed to the usual emotionless and totally generic post-game hockey interview.
Have to get pucks deep
Old 01-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #387
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
You're boring man.

I was trying to have a hockey discussion and you again turn this into a personal thing.
You're the one who tried to make it personal trying to police my posts earlier in the thread and then laughably sending me a private message.

Your posts up to this point haven't been debating the call, they've been whining at me for debating it with others. That's boring, and unnecessary.

As mentioned, most of my recent posts were about understanding points of the rules.

You've already stated you think it was interference, showing that now all you're doing is arguing with me for debating it with others. Move on.

Quote:
The fact that Kerry Fraser and others have debated this the last 24 hours pretty much shows that it's not the one sided argument that you believe it is.

If the interference was that blatant, no chance Fraser writes the column. He's trying to help people understand the call as he sees it given his experience.
A) Frazer wasn't debating it, he was explaining why it WAS goaltender interference

B) He wasn't writing about it because he thought there was controversy, he was answering an email which is what he does for TSN.ca

Last edited by Captain_Obvious; 01-25-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #388
Boniman
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
No, he wasn't. To call that a shove couldn't be more of a stretch. Gagner started out by leaning in to Scuderi.

Kerry Fraser broke it down nicely:

What you should see is that Scuderi approached Gagner from more of a side angle, with contact made to the hip area in an effort to move the Oilers forward laterally and away from his goalkeeper. The immediate pushback reaction from Gagner was to drive forward toward Quick as demonstrated with his upper-body posture bent at the waist in a forward motion, along with a half stride ahead into the crease. Gagner's reaction to the contact by Scuderi does not constitute making a reasonable effort to avoid such contact (with Quick) as highlighted in the rule above.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414481

With the dramatic last second goal by Yakapov I really fail to see why some of you are just unable to accept the right call was made on the ice for the disallowed goal.

To be honest I wasn't that upset about the call. Lots of calls have been made like that. What we're really talking about is the 'Celly' ...stupid term. Anyways like I said the kid got excited. It's refreshing to see them having fun instead of establishing revenue sharing. There's a story in the Edmonton Sun today about how much this kid loves the game. He lives at the rink. They have to make him leave. I'm proud of him.

As far as the garbage on the ice I agree that was low class.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #389
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boniman View Post
To be honest I wasn't that upset about the call. Lots of calls have been made like that. What we're really talking about is the 'Celly' ...stupid term. Anyways like I said the kid got excited. It's refreshing to see them having fun instead of establishing revenue sharing. There's a story in the Edmonton Sun today about how much this kid loves the game. He lives at the rink. They have to make him leave. I'm proud of him.

As far as the garbage on the ice I agree that was low class.

I agree I didn't have a problem with the celebration.
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Obvious For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #390
North East Goon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skootenbeeten View Post
They are building something special up there.
That is no longer funny, we will see why?
North East Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #391
North East Goon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

WHOA - WHOA- WHOa WHoa -Whoa - whoa, are we prepared that maybe these Edmonton Participant ribbons are ready to skate us in the ground? Like sand through the hour glass youth will start to make noise???
North East Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #392
Boniman
Farm Team Player

Exp:

This video sums it up...no one really says it's too much but its clear he'll settle down with age

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/latest/1/0/851821/clip/0
Old 01-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #393
Voice of reason
Draft Pick

Quote:
No, he wasn't. To call that a shove couldn't be more of a stretch. Gagner started out by leaning in to Scuderi.

Kerry Fraser broke it down nicely:

What you should see is that Scuderi approached Gagner from more of a side angle, with contact made to the hip area in an effort to move the Oilers forward laterally and away from his goalkeeper. The immediate pushback reaction from Gagner was to drive forward toward Quick as demonstrated with his upper-body posture bent at the waist in a forward motion, along with a half stride ahead into the crease. Gagner's reaction to the contact by Scuderi does not constitute making a reasonable effort to avoid such contact (with Quick) as highlighted in the rule above. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414481

Man are you seriously still arguing about this? You were getting boring back when I left the board 24 hours ago. You cant imagine how tiresome you are now.
Yes I know..... if I dont like it dont read your posts.
Voice of reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #394
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

In all honesty yes Gagner was pushed towards the goalie, but he made no attempt to not hit the goalie and that is why it's no goal. If Gagner had simply made an effort to fall around the goalie it would have been a good goal but he allowed the player to push him in. Cammy did the same thing to (forget the player??) in the Vancouver game and it was a penalty on the player because he made no attempt to get out of the way of Kipper.
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #395
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of reason View Post
Man are you seriously still arguing about this? You were getting boring back when I left the board 24 hours ago. You cant imagine how tiresome you are now.
Yes I know..... if I dont like it dont read your posts.
I would call it educating. And yes, I'm still doing so with different posters.

If you don't like it don't... oh. You got it.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #396
The Goon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I just saw this and knew there would be a CP thread about it.

I loved the celebration and wish every goal was celebrated like that. I also wish I could slide on my knees like Yakupov or Springsteen.
We may curse our bad luck that it's sounds like its; who's sounds like whose; they're sounds like their (and there); and you're sounds like your. But if we are grown-ups who have been through full-time education, we have no excuse for muddling them up.
The Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #397
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQorMILDEW View Post
I'm more upset at people saying "celly", instead of "celebration".
It's hockey, what did ya expect?
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #398
Artie Fufkin
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Frontal lobotomy ought to do the trick.

Might as well do Jagr, Ovi, Kane, and every other player who raises his hands after a goal.

shameful
Artie Fufkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #399
Lucifer
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Haha, I love the thread title!
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #400
Shnabdabber
Account Disabled at User's Request

Exp:

Whatever, didn't matter in the end as the Oilers won, but the game was horribly officiated. If Gagner flew into Quick and wasn't pushed (like buddy figures) and didn't attempt to leave the crease (again as buddy assumes) then its outside of incedental contact and the ref has no choice but to call a penalty.

The fact a goal was revoked because of a infraction yet no penalty was called is enough proof of what a joke the call was last night.

Regardless, the refs couldn't determine the outcome of this one no matter how hard they tried.
Shnabdabber is offline   Reply With Quote