Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2014, 11:51 AM   #41
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
That guy Devin is a fool. He thinks he's a player, but he's probably going to get back doored by his own alliance.
A week in and the dude is so paranoid. He will be out soon!!!

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:30 PM   #42
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

OMG, please get Devin out of the house ASAP. His drama isn't even good drama, it's so uncomfortable to watch.

He just doesn't get it.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #43
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

nm
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:08 PM   #44
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I realize they are looking for extreme personalities but it's kind of stale when it's like they are bringing in the same gay guy every year. Andy was a step in the right direction because he was highly intelligent but it seems they went backwards with this new guy as he's melting down in the first episode already. Why not a handsome, buff, gay man that is physical in events or a lesbian female model? That would be an interesting dynamic as you know some of the opposite sex people in the house would be physically attracted to them and they could even play them and not announce his/her sexual preference. They bring in lots of attractive, hot heterosexuals so why not a hot gay man or woman? I think it would be interesting to have the opposite sex people in the house physically attracted to a gay person rather than have the gay person on their own island.

EE I used some things you said in this post for my sig. Don't worry, nothing's out of context.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:11 AM   #45
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
EE I used some things you said in this post for my sig. Don't worry, nothing's out of context.
That's cool. I hope you weren't trying to get under my skin as that doesn't bother me in the least.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:17 AM   #46
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

The show is kind of becoming a little formulaic the past few season in that initial big alliance starts picking off the women one by one. It seems like by mid season all the hot women are gone and we are left with a showmance, gay dude, butchy girl, and a mostly male alliance.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:49 AM   #47
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I take it based on lack of discussion here that things aren't going well for the show. They almost need to do another all star season just to give the show some hope again.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #48
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think this could be a good year. There are quite a few people I do like but Devin is overshadowing the rest of the people. Next episode should be interesting though.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #49
Guest1

Spoiler!

Last edited by Puxlut; 07-07-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #50
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can we put spoilers from the live feeds in spoiler tags please? I read this after episodes for discussion but don't watch the live feeds as not to spoil the episodes.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #51
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post
I take it based on lack of discussion here that things aren't going well for the show. They almost need to do another all star season just to give the show some hope again.
I think its been good so far, it's hard to really have thoughts on a lot of these people after 4 episodes
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #52
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
I think its been good so far, it's hard to really have thoughts on a lot of these people after 4 episodes
I actually think it's a pretty good cast. The men especially are pretty varied. They tried to vary the women but unfortunately it seems they are so far playing a really weak game compared to the men as Victoria, Jocasta, Brittany, and Paula are all playing without an alliance (as far as the show has let us see) and look to be all picked off one by one in the coming weeks unless one of them wins HOH and puts Devin up where I can see a scenario where he panics and starts telling other people about the Bomb Squad and the whole thing blows up. Would be a horrible feeling to be in an alliance with him as he's like a live grenade having house meetings and bringing people into the alliance without consulting with anyone.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:11 PM   #53
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Can we put spoilers from the live feeds in spoiler tags please? I read this after episodes for discussion but don't watch the live feeds as not to spoil the episodes.

The thread title is Big Brother 2014 (Spoilers).

If you come into this thread, expect spoilers.
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:01 PM   #54
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
The thread title is Big Brother 2014 (Spoilers).

If you come into this thread, expect spoilers.
TV spoilers, sure. A little unfair to expect live feed spoilers when so few people have the live feeds. If I only watch the TV show I can't ever come in to this thread or the whole thing would be spoiled since the feeds are always a couple days ahead.

It's like The Walking Dead thread... TV spoilers sure, no problem, but comic book spoilers about stuff that may/will happen in the future of the show are out of bounds.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:55 PM   #55
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would also like the spoilers in tags, as I'm not following the live feeds.

This is the only thread to talk about Big Brother.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:02 PM   #56
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know it's edited so it's probably not exactly how it went down and maybe he was trying to let them know instead of the reverse. But Donnie asked the other guys about what bird was on the back of a quarter... Wouldn't every houseguest respond with bald eagle there?
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:24 PM   #57
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
I know it's edited so it's probably not exactly how it went down and maybe he was trying to let them know instead of the reverse. But Donnie asked the other guys about what bird was on the back of a quarter... Wouldn't every houseguest respond with bald eagle there?
Donnie isn't the sharpest pencil but it's possible it was his way of letting them know with the reference to eagle that he was a chosen one as the show did tell him to use both apple pie and eagle.

This is so far one of the best casts in a while. So many crazy people. Devin is a jewel. He's totally unpredictable which makes watching so much more compelling. He's going to get back doored eventually but man he's definitely a one of a kind in this show as he has no concept of working as a team. He threw Paula under the bus and why would he put Zach up on the block when there is everything to lose for the entire alliance if he spills the beans? Simply foolish but there isn't a shred of logic in the man's brain. I have no doubt he's bipolar and it's captivating watching him jump from person to person with an issue then make up, then change his mind, etc.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:48 AM   #58
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow....just wow.....

I don't think I've ever seen so many errors made in 1 episode. Kaleb and Zach....wth are you guys doing? Zach especially. I don't think anyone is going to vote out Zach and it's Pow Pow getting the boot but man, those two really went out of their way to hurt their game.

Show ended on a rather interesting note....I sure hope they pick up where the left off last night.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #59
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Show ended on a rather interesting note....I sure hope they pick up where the left off last night.
Yeah I guess it's a matter of seeing how much Zach beaks off and if he feels desperate enough to expose the alliance. It definitely was one of the craziest BB episodes ever. Pow Pow is just terrible at the game but I feel bad for her in that she threw the HOH competition at Devin's request and in return he then throws her under the bus.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 07-10-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:13 PM   #60
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Yeah I guess it's a matter of seeing how much Zach beaks off and if he feels desperate enough to expose the alliance.
If he does that, that's another dumb move by him. He should have stayed quiet and talked to all the other members first. I really can't see the rest of the Bomb Squad voting him out just to stay loyal to Devin.

If that actually happens, my head would explode.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote