Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2014, 10:19 AM   #1
Guest1

Default Big Brother 2014 (Spoilers)

BB starts next week!!!
CBS has released the list of house guests. It looks to be a "colourful" bunch. The guests will be released over a two day season premiere on Wednesday and Thursday.
http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/
A couple of new things in the "Most Twisted season ever": Team America and Battle of the Block.

(A bit of gossip for those that watched BB Canada last season: Jon dumped his girlfriend after getting home and started dating Neda.)
Old 06-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #2
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Filmed in HD yet?
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #3
Guest1

Yes.
http://www.vulture.com/2014/06/big-b...broadcast.html

Edit: confirmed on CBS website.

Last edited by Puxlut; 06-21-2014 at 11:31 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2014, 11:13 AM   #4
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
Hey CBS, welcome to 2005!

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Regulator75 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2014, 11:16 AM   #5
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
(A bit of gossip for those that watched BB Canada last season: Jon dumped his girlfriend after getting home and started dating Neda.)
Not really that surprising I guess? Obviously no idea what they are like out of the BB house but they REALLY seemed to like each other.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:53 PM   #6
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Not really that surprising I guess? Obviously no idea what they are like out of the BB house but they REALLY seemed to like each other.
Yeah, they were always so touchy feely and I never believed that it was a bro/sis type of relationship.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:41 PM   #7
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Yeah, they were always so touchy feely and I never believed that it was a bro/sis type of relationship.
How awesome is it that they were both willing to cut the other one's throat at the end, when they had those kind of feelings for each other. That's a Dan or Mike Boogie level of BB play.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:16 AM   #8
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I heard on the radio this morning that there will be 2 HoH's each week and even the HoH isn't safe anymore.

I dunno, I'm concerned they are taking things a bit far now. I hope it doesn't suck.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:28 AM   #9
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have no issues with the token gay contestants but when it comes to the men they always choose the most stereotypical flaming homo type they can find. It's almost offensive how they portray the gay men on the show. Why can't they bring in a regular gay man that dresses normal, acts normal, and doesn't cry every episode?
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:40 AM   #10
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks CBS for having bathing suit photos so I can decide if i should become invested in this or not......
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #11
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I have no issues with the token gay contestants but when it comes to the men they always choose the most stereotypical flaming homo type they can find. It's almost offensive how they portray the gay men on the show. Why can't they bring in a regular gay man that dresses normal, acts normal, and doesn't cry every episode?
Most contestants on the show are exaggerated versions of people though, that's why they're cast. You're not wrong, but I'd be more upset with it if that's not how they cast the entire thing.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:15 PM   #12
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Most contestants on the show are exaggerated versions of people though, that's why they're cast. You're not wrong, but I'd be more upset with it if that's not how they cast the entire thing.
I realize they are looking for extreme personalities but it's kind of stale when it's like they are bringing in the same gay guy every year. Andy was a step in the right direction because he was highly intelligent but it seems they went backwards with this new guy as he's melting down in the first episode already. Why not a handsome, buff, gay man that is physical in events or a lesbian female model? That would be an interesting dynamic as you know some of the opposite sex people in the house would be physically attracted to them and they could even play them and not announce his/her sexual preference. They bring in lots of attractive, hot heterosexuals so why not a hot gay man or woman? I think it would be interesting to have the opposite sex people in the house physically attracted to a gay person rather than have the gay person on their own island.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:56 PM   #13
Flamesoholic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I realize they are looking for extreme personalities but it's kind of stale when it's like they are bringing in the same gay guy every year. Andy was a step in the right direction because he was highly intelligent but it seems they went backwards with this new guy as he's melting down in the first episode already. Why not a handsome, buff, gay man that is physical in events or a lesbian female model? That would be an interesting dynamic as you know some of the opposite sex people in the house would be physically attracted to them and they could even play them and not announce his/her sexual preference. They bring in lots of attractive, hot heterosexuals so why not a hot gay man or woman? I think it would be interesting to have the opposite sex people in the house physically attracted to a gay person rather than have the gay person on their own island.
Big Brother Canada did just that this year. Kenny was an attractive "man's man" who had most of the ladies swooning. He just happened to be attracted to men.

Survivor Blood vs Water also had a young man named Caleb (who sadly just died in a work related railway accident) who was engaged to the controversial Colton Cumbie.

That's two gay men who were down to earth, non-flamboyant, average guys. It was nice to see this demographic of guys represented for a change. Both men had big roles in their games and were popular with their audiences. They proved you don't need the typical stereotypical casting to fill whatever niche the producers feel is required to produce a great show.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #14
Schraderbrau
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
I heard on the radio this morning that there will be 2 HoH's each week and even the HoH isn't safe anymore.

I dunno, I'm concerned they are taking things a bit far now. I hope it doesn't suck.

I agree, I wish they would run a old school season without all the new twists. just let the best player manipulate the house and win. All of these new twists and America votes games wrecks it a bit. It’s no longer who is the best at the game, it’s about who America votes for.
Schraderbrau is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schraderbrau For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #15
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schraderbrau View Post
I agree, I wish they would run a old school season without all the new twists. just let the best player manipulate the house and win. All of these new twists and America votes games wrecks it a bit. It’s no longer who is the best at the game, it’s about who America votes for.
I imagine CBS has enough seasons to track trends and it's probably a matter of ratings dropping when popular characters get the axe and the America's votes is a means of keeping viewers interested deeper into the show. At the end of the day they do need to keep the ratings up especially going into the fall schedule.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #16
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schraderbrau View Post

Totally agree. That "Canada is HOH" thing this year that put Andrew and what's her name up on the block REALLY changed the course of the game. Basically started the crumbling of the first five alliance.

Didn't get to watch Ep1 last night as the s/o was at the Cher concert and I would have been in some kinda trouble if I watched it without her. So...mini BB marathon tonight!
Old 06-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #17
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stupid global tv app doesn't work on my iPad, or apparently one anyone else's based on App Store reviews. That's the only way I watch this show!
Old 06-27-2014, 12:02 AM   #18
Guest1

Chanel 218 doesn't work on my cable, so when I PVR'd it, all I got was a black screen with sound. So I have to wait until it's on SOD.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:14 AM   #19
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

This cast already annoys me, the DJ RGMG.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:55 PM   #20
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure I'm going to like this cast.

But then I say that almost every season and still end up watching the whole thing.