Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #81
saskflames69
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Verns pizza, a small chain, from Saskachewan. They have four or five locations if one is close to they are the best.

If you want lots of meat and toppings the original is good if you one a normal(still more than all the chains) their two for one light pizzas are great.
Verns is nasty. Nasty. Too many toppings. Western Pizza in Regina is pretty bad as well.

By far, the BEST pizza in Saskatchewan is found at Venice House in Prince Albert.
Connor Zary will win the Hart Trophy in 2027.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #82
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Say what you will, but just like a late-night McDonalds run, a Sunday afternoon Little Caesars $5 take out is the greatest thing ever. Pair it with a slurpee and lay on the couch feeling like trash.
The Following User Says Thank You to MRCboicgy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #83
TurnedTheCorner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Will these quaint little SK pizza joints deliver to NW Calgary? Or do they have a closer-by location I could try instead?
Old 04-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #84
saskflames69
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnedTheCorner View Post
Will these quaint little SK pizza joints deliver to NW Calgary? Or do they have a closer-by location I could try instead?
There's a Venice House in North Battleford (which is your closest location), but I doubt it's as good as the PA location. Even the one in Saskatoon isn't as good.

Your best option is to drive to Prince Albert. The 10 hour drive will be worth it.
Connor Zary will win the Hart Trophy in 2027.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #85
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramonLS View Post
Has anyone had Papa Murphy's take and bake? I know they have a bunch of locations in Edmonton and I think they are getting some in Calgary soon.
I was going to ask this same question. I've heard really good things and I'd like to try it at some point in the near future.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #86
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtwofinger View Post
Pizza 3000 in Montgomery is the best pizza I`ve ever had.
It's not the best I have ever had but it's the best fast food style pizza I've had in Calgary hands down. Blows away all the chains and is cheaper than most of them as well. It's one of the hidden gems in this city.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #87
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

To get a slice during daytime hours, nothing touches Verona Pizza in the Lancaster Building downtown.

Always liked the square pizza's at Chicago Deep Dish 531-3131.

Both of the above have the correct (for my tastes) overabundance of cheese. Haven't had a square pizza in years to recall the crust (it was excellent day after pizza as well), but at Verona, excellent crust and other toppings underneath (or on top) of it all.

Pizza Hut severely gone down hill. Dominoes not much better. Since moving back down south, Papa Johns is nearby, and isn't bad, but pricey. Little Caesars nearby too...get what you pay for (though I've had worse for 3x the price (see Pizza Hut), but $5 fills two people up like not much else can at that price, and without the wait.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #88
TurnedTheCorner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskflames69 View Post
There's a Venice House in North Battleford (which is your closest location), but I doubt it's as good as the PA location. Even the one in Saskatoon isn't as good.

Your best option is to drive to Prince Albert. The 10 hour drive will be worth it.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #89
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Pizza Hut severely gone down hill. Dominoes not much better. Since moving back down south, Papa Johns is nearby, and isn't bad, but pricey. Little Caesars nearby too...get what you pay for (though I've had worse for 3x the price (see Pizza Hut), but $5 fills two people up like not much else can at that price, and without the wait.
I'm not praising Little Caesars for being great pizza but it's hard to beat for the money. I prefer it over Pizza 73, Dominos, and Pizza Hut who are no better (worse in some cases) for more money.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #90
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I'm not praising Little Caesars for being great pizza but it's hard to beat for the money. I prefer it over Pizza 73, Dominos, and Pizza Hut who are no better (worse in some cases) for more money.
In their commercials, Little Caesars' pizzas look identical to those Delissio frozen pizzas.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #91
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

A+ Pizza on bow is really good I find.

If I'm going with a chain I'll go with a pizza hut pizza with stuffed crust. So good.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #92
Nuje
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I wish we had Santa Lucia here. One of the few things I truly miss about Winnipeg.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #93
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I second the Vern's Pizza selection, it is definitely the best pizza we have in Saskatoon including all the major chains.

Just remember the original is about 1.5 inches thick, and then there is the thin crust stuff. So make sure you figure out which one you want before ordering.

Original:

The best pizza is Saskatoon is Venice House in Sutherland.
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #94
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
In their commercials, Little Caesars' pizzas look identical to those Delissio frozen pizzas.
More/better cheese, less other toppings...similar crust. But for 5$ for a medium pepperoni (2-3$ more for other toppings), and ready to go, no oven required, value is there even over one of those frozen ones.

Speaking of cheese, apparently mozzerela wil no longer be classified the same as cheddar as far as pricing goes, so prices will go down...and since they apparently make up 50%+ of the cost of pizza, IN THEORY, prices should drop as a result...will believe that when I see it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/stor...ost-pizza.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2013, 01:59 AM   #95
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Had Domino's last night because of this thread.

Tried their new Pan Crust. Not bad. I was really hungry, so maybe it wasn't that good.

The cheesy bread is still the best thing they have going. God damn, that's some good stuff.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:18 AM   #96
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Jon's pizza in Douglasdale:

Old 05-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #97
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any love for Atlas Pizza in the NE? Unless they've changed, they make a good pizza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegee View Post
Had Howard's Pizza while in Great Falls, MT and it was the worst thing I have ever seen. Delivery took 1.5 hours and the crust was paper thin to the point where there was nothing to the pizza. Barely any sauce on the sucker, too.

http://www.howardspizzamt.com/

Had Pizza Hut while in the states, too, and it was a lot worse then I remember it. Don't know what specifically was wrong about it, but it tasted "funny".
Mackenzie River Pizza Co in Great Falls (other locations in MT) is pretty good IMO.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #98
Deegee
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Mackenzie River Pizza Co in Great Falls (other locations in MT) is pretty good IMO.
Yah so I heard. They weren't open for whatever reason when we ordered pie our last night so we just called one close to the hotel (Holiday Inn). The silly part was we had split a pizza from the hotel restaurant (Pelican Bar or something) and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. The pieces were very filling and I believe the dough was freshly made as it was super delicious and didn't offer any heartburn after so we should have used that again.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #99
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuje View Post
I wish we had Santa Lucia here. One of the few things I truly miss about Winnipeg.
Man that is good pizza. One of the best pizzas I've had.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #100
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd say Stavros is the best in town.
Closed Thread

Tags
chains , dominos , eww gross , pizza