Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #121
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

“If she had just gone pee, he must be set free.”
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #122
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

WOW!

Quote:
Culpable homicide charge against Carl Pistorius confirmed to @eNCAnews by his lawyer Kenny Oldwage - who also defends #OscarPistorius
Quote:
Carl Pistorius was supposed to have gone on trial for culpable homicide on Thursday - day before #OscarPistorius got bail. @eNCAnews
Quote:
Culpable homicide case against Carl Pistorius - over 2010 accident death of woman biker - postponed to next month. @eNCAnews
https://twitter.com/karynmaughan

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:05 AM   #123
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Now all we need is a white Ford Bronco police chase.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:46 AM   #124
Zarley
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Why does she stay there? I think she is a proud South African who wants to make a difference. If everyone with her status left, there would be no one to fight this and rape rates would just get worse. Reeva was also someone who was campaining against the treatment of women in her country, which makes her death even sadder.
Theron became an American citizen (with dual SA citizenship) and I believe she lives in the States.
Zarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #125
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarley View Post
Theron became an American citizen (with dual SA citizenship) and I believe she lives in the States.
True. For her career and her son. She became dual citizen in 2007.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #126
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ugh...

Quote:
Oscar Pistorius, charged with murdering his girlfriend, was granted permission to travel abroad by a South African judge on Thursday.

"The applicant is entitled to use his passport to travel outside the Republic of South Africa," Judge Bert Bam said.

The 26-year-old Olympic and Paralympic track star, a double amputee since infancy, also no longer needs to report to a probation officer.
http://news.yahoo.com/oscar-pistoriu...2307--spt.html
Old 03-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #127
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post

I am not surprised by this ruling. It is a banana republic.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #128
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Innocent until proven guilty, it's not like he is a flight risk as he is an extremely recognizable figure.
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #129
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Innocent until proven guilty, it's not like he is a flight risk as he is an extremely recognizable figure.
If he goes to a country with no extradition treaty then the whole flight risk thing is irrelevant.

I find it odd that they wanted the judge to lift the alcohol ban.

Is anyone actually going to want this guy in their racing events.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #130
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Innocent until proven guilty,
So you are ok with them doing this for all accussed killers?

Quote:
Old 04-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #131
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...083/story.html

Don't like this:

Quote:
Oscar Pistorius, the double amputee who faces a murder trial in South Africa, is to be given the all-clear to compete at the International Paralympic Committee World Athletics Championships in Lyon in July.

Quote:
Old 04-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #132
neo45
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Don't let him hold the starting gun
neo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:34 AM   #133
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

So this trial has started, and if you've been following the news reports it's already a bit of a sideshow. Pistorius crying every chance he gets, constantly with his head in his hands and covering his ears. Today he apparently vomits as the M.E. describes the autopsy results. And his defense is apparently going to be he screams like a girl, and thats the scream everyone heard that night, him screaming after discovering he accidentally murdered her.

In the bizarro sense, this trial has already surpassed OJ.
Quote:
A live video feed of the trial has been cut while a pathologist gives "graphic" evidence of his examination.

Sky's Alex Crawford, who is in court, said: "Oscar Pistorius is making regular loud retching noises and appears to be vomiting as details of post-mortem examination are read out."

She said a court official lifted a microphone away from Pistorius to "lessen the sound".

The judge has repeatedly asked whether Pistorius is well enough to continue, and his lawyer Barry Roux says he wants the evidence to carry on.

Pistorius' brother Carl has left the courtroom, while Pistorius "remains hunched over, holding his ears, retching."

Sky's Martin Brunt said: "He's cut a pretty sorry figure in the dock. He's been retching quite loudly. Some of those watching a side view of him can see him being sick on occasion."

The cameras were cut following a request from the prosecution on behalf of pathologist Professor Gert Saayman.

Prosecutor Gerrie Nel said the move was needed to "respect the decency" of Ms Steenkamp and her family and friends.
http://news.sky.com/story/1223284/pi...aphic-evidence

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 03-10-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:04 AM   #134
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Even if the guy didn't intentionally kill her, its pretty clear from the trial so far that the guy has some serious problems. He's had multiple fire arms issues and it sounds like he's got anger control issues.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:14 AM   #135
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Maybe that kind of theatrics work in a SA court? I don't know but I find the trial a little less informative to me because I have no clue how the legal system in SA works.
darklord700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:02 AM   #136
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pistorius will testify tomorrow in his own defense. So far the trial has not exactly gone well for him, he'll probably need a spectacular performance tomorrow to save himself. But the prosecution has actually been strong in this case, unlike say OJ.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:55 AM   #137
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I haven't really been following this trial, but what I've head sounds pretty damning.

According to the stuff recovered from Cellphones, she was afraid of him at times.

He was a bit crazy with the gun stuff and discharging it in public

The wounds are her are consistant with someone huddled in the bathroom using her arms to defend herself.

Neighbours reported fighting sounds last night, OP legal teams defense is well he screams like a girl.

I think this guys dirty, he was jealous and he killed her.
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #138
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

The key is the female screams before the gun shots. The crown's witnesses maintained that those were definately screams of a female but a good defense lawyer could possibly cast some doubt into how anyone could tell if a high pitch scream is from a male or female unreservedly.

The second is the batting on the door. The Crown said from the height of the strick marks, Oscar must have been on his stumps already. While Oscar says he didn't put on the stumps at a later time.

These two are the most damming objective evidence the Crown has. Oscar's defense must poke holes on these two facts to win. I think the Crown's built a solid case but not a slam dunk case though.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:13 PM   #139
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

http://espn.go.com/olympics/trackand...night-shooting

"At that point all I wanted to do was just look inside to see if it was Reeva," Pistorius said,

So he shot throw the bathroom door thinking it most certainly was an intruder inside, and a split second after that he wanted to check if it was Reeva.

This doesn't make sense at all and this is a big hole in his testimony.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:57 PM   #140
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

His whole story makes little logical sense.

So he had a so called intruder, didn't check the wake up and do what everyone who sleeps with a hot chick does which is to roll over, wake them up and ask them if they heard something.

Then he basically crawls to the can and doesn't yell "Who the frack is in there" he just opens up and sends I think 4 hollow point bullets through the door.

Then he suddenly thinks "where's my girlfriend, I hope she wasn't in the can having a midnight poop"

None of his story makes sense.

Him demonstrating how he shot without the legs is irrelevant to this case, its already been disclosed that he was on stumps and he shot through the bathroom door multiple times.

Has the defense team created reasonable doubt? Not really, their defense is based around state of mind, is he a raging psycho who fought with his girl hard enough that she locked herself in the bathroom and he killed her through it.

Or is he a trigger happy ###### who basically just decided to shoot through a door at some noise?

That's what the jury has to decide. But I never believe the whole crying and tears and oh god I'm so sorry from someone on the stand, to me and call me jaded, that's a person that's caught and knows their f$$ked and about to go to prison trying to sway a judge or jury that they feel bad.

The only thing they usually feel bad about is getting caught, they don't feel bad about the act.

If they felt bad about the act, they'd either turn themselves in or eat a bullet, or I don't know, plead guilty.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: