Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2015, 03:51 PM   #3461
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
highly unusual prices from calgary to costa rica ($300s to $500s roundtrip including taxes) have happened the following number of times in the past 5 years or so:

July 2015
march 2015
december 2011
september 2011
march 2011
february 2011

http://yycdeals.com/search?criteria=costa+rica

otherwise, anything in the mid to high $600s to low $700s is where costa rica prices generally bottom out. Don't forget to look at both international airports (lir and sjo).
thanks!
ranchlandsselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:31 PM   #3462
tete
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubc80 View Post
I booked this Costa Rica deal after seeing the notification from Chris. Leaving in just over a week. Can't wait!
We are there right now. Staying just outside Manuel Antonio NP right now, off to Arenal at the end of the week. It's pretty darn awesome.
tete is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tete For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2015, 02:30 PM   #3463
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Some insane prices have been loaded between Calgary and India on Expedia today...

Calgary to India - $540 to $612 CAD roundtrip including taxes

Chennai, Bangalore, and Delhi are all involved.

Abu Dhabi and Dubai have also dropped to the mid $700s roundtrip.

blog post with the details and examples:
http://www.yycdeals.com/calgary-to-i...ncluding-taxes

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2015, 02:40 PM   #3464
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Some insane prices have been loaded between Calgary and India on Expedia today...

Calgary to India - $540 to $612 CAD roundtrip including taxes

Chennai, Bangalore, and Delhi are all involved.

Abu Dhabi and Dubai have also dropped to the mid $700s roundtrip.

blog post with the details and examples:
http://www.yycdeals.com/calgary-to-i...ncluding-taxes
Holy crap. I need to see if I can do something with this knowledge. I'm already going to Ecuador in early January, but damn.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 06:33 AM   #3465
GP_Matt
First Line Centre

Exp:

I am trying to use my eupgrade credits on an upcoming flight with my wife. It is 15 per person and I only have 26. I don't know if it is possible to buy the missing four but if not it gives me the option to upgrade only one of us (her) and try for the second at checkin. To do that it says I need to contact the booking agent to separate the fares. Any idea how to do that if I booked online through air Canada's website? Do I just call them?

Thanks
GP_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 07:09 AM   #3466
billybob123
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Some good deals ultra last minute. Leaving today (25 Dec), returning Thursday (Dec 31) to Las Vegas $378, to Phoenix $238 round trip. Flights leave this am, so get on these.

Also available Monday to Friday Las Vegas in the $315 range.
billybob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:11 PM   #3467
billybob123
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Stupidly cheap flights available on Westjet, including March Break (both Public and Catholic dates available to nearly all destinations).

Currently they have a 15% off boxing day promotion to further reduce prices. Use promo code WFL94 and coupon code XQVXVAT when booking. Code is only valid until 9:59 tomorrow (Dec 28). Book now, reconsider later. These fares have been up for approx. 24 hours already...

Example prices (round trip, including all taxes, before discounting):

YYZ $415
PHX $204
LAX $316
SAN $316
LAS $280
HNL $364
OGG $364
PSP $270
IAH $280 (unheard of!)

Get on these quickly...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billybob123 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2015, 09:47 AM   #3468
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

^^^

What dates are you seeing those flights? I'm looking around March 25-Apr 4 and don't see them?
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 10:32 AM   #3469
billybob123
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
^^^

What dates are you seeing those flights? I'm looking around March 25-Apr 4 and don't see them?
Which destination are you looking at? You may have to play with dates.

I see a few 3,4,5 night trips to Phoenix, Las Vegas, LAX around those dates. Hawaii as well but not as convenient - some mid-week flights?

Try using http://www.google.ca/flights - they have a cool histogram you can use to see lowest fares.

Maybe starting to sell out?
Old 12-29-2015, 10:58 AM   #3470
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

Booked my wife and I round trip all in for $405 from YYC to PHX on Westjet at the end of March. Missed out on the boxing day deal so not sure if I would have been eligible but definitely a great price. Return flight was $73.
jar_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 11:45 AM   #3471
Pontine
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Booked vegas yesterday from June 15-22 for $270 round trip. Both direct flights and good times as well (no 8am flights).
Pontine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:10 PM   #3472
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Calgary to Istanbul, Turkey - $777 CAD roundtrip including taxes

Air Canada has dropped the price of their flights from Calgary to Istanbul, Turkey down to $777 CAD roundtrip including taxes.

The flights have one stop each way, in Toronto.

Availability for travel: January to May, 2016

Bookable at AirCanada.com

Example dates to try:

April 3, 5, or 7 to April 18 or 20
April 17 or 19 to May 1, 2, or 4
April 24, 26, or 28 to May 8, 9 or 11
May 1 or 3 to May 15 or 18

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
Old 01-21-2016, 07:31 PM   #3473
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alright, I need to book a trip at... er... some... point. And I would like to go somewhere with world class good scuba diving. And I would like it to be as inexpensive as possible - though I would also be open to just a crazy good deal on somewhere you usually don't get good deals on. I mean, that price return to India up there is nuts.

Any suggestions?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:03 PM   #3474
FFR
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Alright, I need to book a trip at... er... some... point. And I would like to go somewhere with world class good scuba diving. And I would like it to be as inexpensive as possible - though I would also be open to just a crazy good deal on somewhere you usually don't get good deals on. I mean, that price return to India up there is nuts.

Any suggestions?
For scuba diving, I'd suggest Belize, Australia, Bonaire, Hawaii (is ok, behind the others), Maldives, Ecuador, Red Sea (but not so stable around there right now), Palau (Micronesia), Costa Rica, Fiji or Thailand. There are so many good places!

From a cost effective perspective, Belize or Costa Rica are probably your best bet.

You can send me a PM if you want - or ask here. My husband is big into scuba diving so we do this type of stuff a lot.

Last edited by FFR; 01-22-2016 at 06:23 AM.
FFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:58 AM   #3475
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Any suggestions?
Places like Belize, Australia, Ecuador, Maldives and Hawaii are all going to be relatively pricey.

I would recomend places like Thailand, Phillipines, or Indonesia. The flight will be more expensive but all have world class diving and the diving itself is cheap and living expenses are minimal.

Utila in Honduras does not have quite the same level of diving as the Asian-Pacific area but it might be the cheapest dive spot in the world. Lots of people are there to take dive courses and free accommodation is included in many cases.
Whale shark season starts in mid Feb there as well.

Living expenses are very low. The only thing to do there is dive however so if you want to do some other things besides party and dive it wouldn't be an ideal spot.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:09 PM   #3476
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hmmm... none of these are particularly cheap... not that 1300 bucks return to Bonaire is terribly expensive, by any means, but still.

Is there an app or something that one can subscribe to, that gives you a heads up on crazy deals like some of the ones posted in this thread?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:36 PM   #3477
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hmmm... none of these are particularly cheap... not that 1300 bucks return to Bonaire is terribly expensive, by any means, but still.

Is there an app or something that one can subscribe to, that gives you a heads up on crazy deals like some of the ones posted in this thread?
Westjet flies from YYC to Cayman Islands direct, and the prices ain't too bad.

You could Airbnb in Cayman.

The diving around the island is meant to be great, I am not a diver, but have family that live there.

Dives around Cayman

Spoiler!

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.

Last edited by undercoverbrother; 01-22-2016 at 12:42 PM.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:53 PM   #3478
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Westjet flies from YYC to Cayman Islands direct, and the prices ain't too bad.
Unless something's changed, I'm pretty sure the fastest flights from Calgary to the Cayman Islands involve at least 1 stop (flights through Houston usually being the quickest way to get there). WestJet has non-stop flights from Toronto.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:55 PM   #3479
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Unless something's changed, I'm pretty sure the fastest flights from Calgary to the Cayman Islands involve at least 1 stop (flights through Houston usually being the quickest way to get there). WestJet has non-stop flights from Toronto.
I will defer to your greater knowledge.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:24 AM   #3480
Nabber
Scoring Winger

Exp:

What's everyone's go to search engine for Hotel deals? I know the regulars, expedia, travelocity, priceline, etc. My favorite one has been Kayak from the first page of this thread, however I've just booked a trip to Mexico June 3-10 staying at Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness and I couldn't find anything under $2000 for two people and I feel like I search everywhere! Marlin Travel found $1,850 which I thought was a deal so jumped on it, however an independent travel agent is saying she found $1,730 just now. Just want to be prepared for next time!
Nabber is offline   Reply With Quote