Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #2661
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
The jig is up, they've discovered their flaw!
but I actually booked a hotel and flight to Vegas, I wasnt even trying to scam with a hotel in india or anything
Swarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #2662
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarly View Post
but I actually booked a hotel and flight to Vegas, I wasnt even trying to scam with a hotel in india or anything
Based on the message you received, it appears the code was originally given to attendees at the National Federation of the Blind Conference (which makes sense since the code is NFB2012). Since the code was being circulated around the web, they probably just cancelled every booking made with the code and will restore them if the person can show proof they were at the conference.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #2663
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Since the code was being circulated around the web, they probably just cancelled every booking made with the code
A co-worker of mine used this code and had to call to make a change or something to his booking. While they were talking on the phone, it was rapidly discovered that he wasn't blind, nor at the conference, and cancelled his reservation.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #2664
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL. I can't be the only that's a little ashamed that we were stealing codes meant for blind people.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #2665
wpgflamesfan
3 Wolves Short of 2 Millionth Post

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
LOL. I can't be the only that's a little ashamed that we were stealing codes meant for blind people.
Don't you didn't violate any of terms and conditions:

Quote:
The promotional code (the Promo Code) for $200 is valid between 12:01 a.m. Central Time on July 2, 2012 and 11:59 p.m. Central Time on August 4, 2012 (the Promotion Period) or until it reaches the redemption limit of 3,500 redemptions.
Your use of the Promo Code on the www.travelocity.com Web site (the Site) is subject to the Travelocity User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
The Promo Code is valid only for qualifying purchases made on the Site. A qualifying purchase means a three-night or longer Hotel+Flight Vacation Package which is offered on the Site during the Promotion Period. Travel dates must be between July 2,2012 and December 31, 2012.
Qualifying Hotel+Flight Vacation Package purchase requires a minimum spend of $200 and should be booked immediately following your qualifying air booking.
To redeem the Promo Code, you simply type NFB2012 into the Promotional Code field on the Checkout Review Page of the Site, and $200 will be automatically deducted from the final price of your qualifying Hotel+Flight Vacation Package .
You may only redeem the Promo Code once and only during the Promotion Period.
You may not redeem or exchange the Promo Code for cash. You may not use or combine the Promo Code with any other promotional codes. If lost or stolen, the Promo Code will not be replaced.
Travelocity prohibits posting the Promo Code on the Internet or any public forum, or forwarding the Promo Code to any other person.
In the event of any violation of these Terms & Conditions, Travelocity reserves all of the rights and remedies available to Travelocity including charging your credit card for the amount of the Promo Code not to exceed $200, canceling your reservation without a refund to you, and all other remedies available to Travelocity.
TRAVELOCITY MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO PROMOTIONAL CODES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN THE EVENT A PROMO CODE IS NOT FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND THE SOLE LIABILITY OF TRAVELOCITY SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF THE NON-FUNCTIONING PROMO CODE.
Travelocity reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time in its sole discretion.
wpgflamesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #2666
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, if someone wanted to go lawyer on them, this would be the way to do it.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #2667
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^ So does that mean that we're not getting refunds??
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #2668
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got the email too, however the trip still shows in my Travelocity itineraries as good. They better reverse the charge on my card quick if they're going to cancel it on me.

Perhaps they should have their system mention this when you put in the promo code originally.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #2669
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Following the situation on blog & comments here:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...00-off-coupon/
Old 08-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #2670
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh man, I really hope for travelocity's sake they issue refunds or no doubt they're looking at a messy class action.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #2671
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I just got off the phone with them and was assured by 'Jason' that I will be getting the full refund. The cancellation fee was automated in the form email but I will get it all back. Stayed on hold to talk to a supervisor, he said the same.

The supervisor agreed that I did not break the T&C, however they are no longer upholding the deal. I asked "so your company released a code on twitter, had a whole bunch of people book, and now you are cancelling, backing out of our agreement for no reason other than your company decided to. Is that what you are saying?" he paused then said yes sir, that is what i'm saying.

apparently teams will be calling in 4-8 hours (may be 48 hours) to see if they can re-book our trips. I asked if there will be a special offer during these calls or if its just current prices. There will be no offers. I told him there is no way I will ever book with travelocity again, whats the point they will just cancel my trip again in another week or two. His response was simply that it is not up to him who I book with. (wtf, worst customer service ever)

I'm so pissed right now, travelocity will be getting a long letter from me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swarly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #2672
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarly View Post
I just got off the phone with them and was assured by 'Jason' that I will be getting the full refund. The cancellation fee was automated in the form email but I will get it all back. Stayed on hold to talk to a supervisor, he said the same.

The supervisor agreed that I did not break the T&C, however they are no longer upholding the deal. I asked "so your company released a code on twitter, had a whole bunch of people book, and now you are cancelling, backing out of our agreement for no reason other than your company decided to. Is that what you are saying?" he paused then said yes sir, that is what i'm saying.

apparently teams will be calling in 4-8 hours (may be 48 hours) to see if they can re-book our trips. I asked if there will be a special offer during these calls or if its just current prices. There will be no offers. I told him there is no way I will ever book with travelocity again, whats the point they will just cancel my trip again in another week or two. His response was simply that it is not up to him who I book with. (wtf, worst customer service ever)

I'm so pissed right now, travelocity will be getting a long letter from me.
I wonder if they're giving everyone a refund or only the people who call and complain. Here's the email I just got from them:

We are sorry that your plans have changed. Your Vacation Package reservation has been canceled.

You will be issued a refund of 0.00 on MasterCard(R) xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-8629. The refund will appear on your credit card statement within the next few weeks.

TotalTrip Price: $357.47
Cancellation penalty - $357.47
Old 08-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #2673
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

i got pretty much the same email but they are saying its just an automated email that is wrong.

Want to hear a joke? NFB2012 code is active again! I can book the exact trip they just cancelled for about $20 less now. WTF
Old 08-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #2674
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like there's a code on Travelocity.ca for $100 off packages to the US of 4 nights or more. USA100

Might have to rebook my Vegas trip with an extra night and use that code now.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #2675
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
Does your credit card rack up points if you are later refunded? i.e. book as many your card can carry knowing they will cancel.
No, they take back any points for refunds.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #2676
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

i was thinking about taking advantage of this deal but i did more research on it and on rfd forums i think a member actually pointed out in the terms they didn't even have to offer a refund, not to mention the grey zone (blind)....
secol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #2677
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Hey Chris

Just looking around for a buddy and his young family who are planning a trip to Sydney, Australia sometime mid-September. Any time better for booking than another, or is it just a crap shoot?
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #2678
Dodsdomd
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Seems to be a decent sale on Delta into the US. From Saskatoon at least. Was able to book Saskatoon to New Orleans for $440 yesterday. That is an amazing price from YXE as it usually runs $900. Was getting that fare when I plugged in any random US city. Even obscure places like Austin, Memphis etc. Never checked outta Calgary but I would imagine it is similar.
Dodsdomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #2679
Dirty_Iguana
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodsdomd View Post
Seems to be a decent sale on Delta into the US. From Saskatoon at least. Was able to book Saskatoon to New Orleans for $440 yesterday. That is an amazing price from YXE as it usually runs $900. Was getting that fare when I plugged in any random US city. Even obscure places like Austin, Memphis etc. Never checked outta Calgary but I would imagine it is similar.

Yep - just checked some flights from YYC to Charlotte, NC in October and Delta was $150 + cheaper than United, AA, Air Canada etc.

$459 all in. Not too shabby considering it cost me $400 to fly to Vancouver last month.
Dirty_Iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #2680
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quick question:

Going to Switzerland next month. I'll need to take the train from Geneva to Zermatt (round trip), but am unsure how often, if at all, I'll be using it other than that. Is it worth it to buy a Swiss rail pass? They're about $500 from what I've seen, but I'm not sure what single trips would be.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote