Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2017, 05:48 PM   #841
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

First of all, if they investigate this and find out that the guards put him in jeopardy then they should be fired. I know that we're angry at this scumbag, but we're not savages are we?

Second of all, I want him to stay nice and healthy. To wake up every morning in a 8 x 10 cell with a smell toilet, and tiny window and have 24 hours to sit and contemplate that the only way that he's getting out is in a cardboard coffin and that nobody will mourn him when he dies.

I want him to be able to sit there and know that everytime he goes to sleep that his victims will be there to torment him, maybe he doesn't feel guilty about killing him, but in the end they won, they may be dead, but he's buried alive.

I want him to have to ask him the question over and over again, what are you in for man? Oh you tortured and murdered a kid. And to see the inmates looking at him with no respect and hatred, and knowing that there's a good chance that every day he's eating a healthy does of some kitchen inmates saliva or pee.

And then someday in the future, I want him to strip off a portion of his bedsheet, loop it around his neck, and tie it around his light socket and kick the chair out from under him.

If he has the courage to do that. But knowing this coward, he will sit there and slowly rot and die over the next 2 or 3 decades. And when he does die, nobody will care.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2017, 05:53 PM   #842
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

How many people have access to your account CC? One day you sound like a serial killer and the next you're calling for the firing of these guards.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 05:59 PM   #843
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Do people think every heinous criminal is segregated? There are some pretty awful scumbags in the remand from racists to pedohphiles to child abusers to child killers. They can't segregate every one and thankfully they don't.
To some degree every unit is used by admin to segregate one type of con from another, every week classification meetings try to work out whos at risk from who and how to separate them, its not just a case of 'this is the seg unit and everything else is Gen Pop, within Gen Pop different types of cons with different levels of risk are moved around to minimise them, at times that might be racial or geographic, I'd guess there will be a mostly native or Somalian unit in Calgary or Edmonton, a psych seg or medical unit.

Out here at times you'd need to keep Surrey guys away from Vancouver, other times that didn't matter.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2017, 06:18 PM   #844
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This a$$hole beat,tortured,killed and dismembered a 5 year old child. Why is there sympathy.

People on this site want to read his book. What is wrong with you?
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:27 PM   #845
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarybornnraised View Post
This a$$hole beat,tortured,killed and dismembered a 5 year old child. Why is there sympathy.

People on this site want to read his book. What is wrong with you?
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2017, 06:35 PM   #846
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

What?

Members of this board said they would like a book or dateline episode of this crime.

I'm saying it's disgusting and hope we remember Nathan and his Grandparents
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarybornnraised For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2017, 06:57 PM   #847
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schraderbrau View Post
If I ran the institution I'm paying out a nice bonus to the guards who helped facilitate the beating.
And your career would be over. Actually, if you have that kind of temperament you would never have gotten the job to begin with.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2017, 07:16 PM   #848
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Sounds like CP wants some eye for an eye justice rather than traditional Canadian justice. Sharia law would allow for this.
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to taco.vidal For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2017, 07:20 PM   #849
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
And your career would be over. Actually, if you have that kind of temperament you would never have gotten the job to begin with.
I respectfully disagree, lots of bad people get good jobs or jobs that are in the public trust.
I would hope bad eggs get vetted however history shows what can fall through the cracks. Then people like this find ways to circumvent protecal.
Sometimes people in these positions deal justice they feel is just.
I'm not saying it's right. It happens and I'm glad it's not me making these decisions as I'm not 100% sure I wouldn't accidentally make an error in my judgement of righteous justice. Especially in cases of violent or sexual crimes against children.
I believe I'm a good person it's just instances like this crime which seem to bring out my dark passenger.
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:22 PM   #850
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Personally, I was not disappointed to hear he was beaten up (heck, earlier in this thread I thought it would be nice if Nathan's dad had a chance to take care of garland), but I would like to think that garland's beating was something that happens somewhat regularly in prison to various inmates and the guards did not turn a blind eye.

However, I have never been in prison, so I am not clear on the overall social structure other than what I have seen in movies. I would like to think that the guards do make a reasonable effort to keep these guys safe.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:41 PM   #851
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
He was not segregated prior to trial.
Did a little more poking around and was able to confirm he was segregated prior to this incident.

Quote:
Ross confirmed prior to the trial, Garland had been segregated in a facility outside of the city. He was moved to the Calgary Remand Centre for the trial.

“My understanding is he was in a unit where his safety was not a concern, but obviously it is,” Ross said.
http://globalnews.ca/news/3258571/do...ating-sources/
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:54 PM   #852
Drummer
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I wonder if he will sue the CRC for negligence to protect him while in their "care".
Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:24 PM   #853
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

while I hope this isn't a case of the COs looking the other way, I'll save my tears for the Likness and O'Brien families.

The only person that put Garland in harm's way was Douglas Garland...
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:25 PM   #854
BOSSY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
First of all, if they investigate this and find out that the guards put him in jeopardy then they should be fired. I know that we're angry at this scumbag, but we're not savages are we?

Second of all, I want him to stay nice and healthy. To wake up every morning in a 8 x 10 cell with a smell toilet, and tiny window and have 24 hours to sit and contemplate that the only way that he's getting out is in a cardboard coffin and that nobody will mourn him when he dies.

I want him to be able to sit there and know that everytime he goes to sleep that his victims will be there to torment him, maybe he doesn't feel guilty about killing him, but in the end they won, they may be dead, but he's buried alive.

I want him to have to ask him the question over and over again, what are you in for man? Oh you tortured and murdered a kid. And to see the inmates looking at him with no respect and hatred, and knowing that there's a good chance that every day he's eating a healthy does of some kitchen inmates saliva or pee.

And then someday in the future, I want him to strip off a portion of his bedsheet, loop it around his neck, and tie it around his light socket and kick the chair out from under him.

If he has the courage to do that. But knowing this coward, he will sit there and slowly rot and die over the next 2 or 3 decades. And when he does die, nobody will care.
Not me I hope he gets the sh*t knocked out of him weekly....
BOSSY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BOSSY For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2017, 10:52 PM   #855
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSSY View Post
Not me I hope he gets the sh*t knocked out of him weekly....
Frankly I'd rather keep him segregated and not waste the time of the staff at Foothills that could be better spent treating anyone else in the city, or waste the time of CPS to stand guard by his hospital room.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:55 PM   #856
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
How many people have access to your account CC? One day you sound like a serial killer and the next you're calling for the firing of these guards.
Maybe I have multiple personalities. One day I'm nice and calm and the next I hate everyone.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2017, 11:12 PM   #857
BOSSY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
Frankly I'd rather keep him segregated and not waste the time of the staff at Foothills that could be better spent treating anyone else in the city, or waste the time of CPS to stand guard by his hospital room.
Not me - sh*t knocked out of him weekly...
BOSSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:17 PM   #858
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSSY View Post
Not me - sh*t knocked out of him weekly...
Hope you don't have to wait for a hospital room any time soon then.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:40 PM   #859
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

One day? That was all within the span of one post.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:17 AM   #860
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
Did a little more poking around and was able to confirm he was segregated prior to this incident.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3258571/do...ating-sources/
Garland may have been segregated before trial, but he was not at the Calgary Remand Center.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 02-19-2017 at 01:23 AM.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote