Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2016, 11:05 AM   #101
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So I lured a landship down a narrow street today and used my dynamite that I'd already planted in the street to blow it up, the support guys on my squad then picked up the stragglers behind the landship. It was awesome, like Saving Private Ryan.

Squad tactics in this game can be awesome if you get the right group together for a few maps.

Edit: Also, last night I killed a guy with a Flare.

Last edited by Flash Walken; 10-28-2016 at 11:11 AM.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2016, 11:12 AM   #102
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last night I decided I sucked at shooting and just followed the squad around healing and reviving people and taking the occasional potshot at enemies. We won, I finished fifth on the team with only 8 kills. Dem medic points.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2016, 11:14 AM   #103
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Last night I decided I sucked at shooting and just followed the squad around healing and reviving people and taking the occasional potshot at enemies. We won, I finished fifth on the team with only 8 kills. Dem medic points.
medic is fun but that rigotti is garbage.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:02 PM   #104
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Thats my go-to as well. My K/D is slowly improving but I'm the most help keeping the better players alive. I try to pick a squad without a medic and usually get a good score
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:12 PM   #105
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty much every time I'm not playing Assault or Tank Commander I get my ass destroyed, even following people and patching them up.

I am really enjoying finding a good place to set up a mortar and shell shell shell from as Support however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 04:53 PM   #106
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Level 14 so far the BAR is a beast sometimes the loading times kill me more than anything.I find the mortars glitchy as hell at least on the Xbox and not very powerful I've noticed that with a lot of weapons especially the ones mounted on vehicle s.Hopefully they patch this game soon and I'm looking forward to the map coming out in December.
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:47 PM   #107
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My bread and butter so far is setting up a machine gun with a bipod and spraying accordingly. The MG15 (suppressive) and Mercier (optical) LMG's have served this purpose well
Old 10-29-2016, 08:09 PM   #108
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Anyone having problems playing? I can't connect to almost any server, and when I do get connected I get disconnected at the end of the game.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:12 PM   #109
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't connect at all either. Servers must be down
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:05 AM   #110
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Having a good time with this game. Played all the Battlefield titles and this one stacks up near the top IMO.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 01:02 PM   #111
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
medic is fun but that rigotti is garbage.
After learning you can increase the rate of fire, it's my favorite gun by far, lol.
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 04:50 PM   #112
photon

Exp:

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2016, 10:20 AM   #113
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

So I just got this game, and I suck pretty bad, so hoping for some tips (I play as a Scout).

How often do you guys dick around the scope zeroing? Does it improve accuracy that much? I wish there was a shooting range on this game to play around with this feature and learn how to use it properly.

Who uses the flare gun? I don't really understand the point of it.

The trip wire bomb... does it ever work? I've set this thing up in doorways dozens of times, and not once has it worked. Guys walk in and stab me while I'm looking out the window.

The bullet drop and having to anticipate where the guy will be 1/3 of second after you pull the trigger is sure challenging. I think my k/d is probably around .85 - 1.00. For comparison, my k/d on COD is around 1.35.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:53 AM   #114
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
So I just got this game, and I suck pretty bad, so hoping for some tips (I play as a Scout).
As an FYI, the game is filled with scouts that aren't very good. The major modes (Operations and Conquest) are heavily objective based, and a bunch of scouts sitting in the hills, missing shot after shot, is a real hindrance to the team.

But I'm a little torn on it. The sniper rifles are so satisfying to use. There is a reason people gravitate towards it. And hey, you bought the game, you can play it how you like. So I'm not saying don't play scout. Just giving you some information about how your play can be perceived by others, that's all.

Maybe consider the game type and objective, at least. On Operations, for the attacking team, it's all about rolling forward and capturing the zones. You need boots on the ground for that. If half the attackers are holding back sniping, even getting kills, all that means is that the enemies will respawn again in 10 seconds, and that kill had very little impact on the objective.

Whereas a defending sniper on Operations can help mow down the attackers as they cross open spaces, rushing to the capture zones. The defenders still need boots on the ground to defend the points, but some good scouts (and flares!) can really help your team lock down the control points.

Quote:
How often do you guys dick around the scope zeroing? Does it improve accuracy that much? I wish there was a shooting range on this game to play around with this feature and learn how to use it properly.
The zeroing is useful for the really long range sniping. However, that is about the least useful to the team. It is more effective to try and engage at ranges about 75-150m, which means little bullet drop, and your gun is already zeroed for that range.

Quote:
Who uses the flare gun? I don't really understand the point of it.
The flare gun is incredibly useful for your team. Any enemies that are near the flare get tagged on the mini-map for all your teammates. So it is all about team play. Scout stays back and shoots the flare, then your Assaults on your team can move up and easily pick off the enemies that are highlighted from your flare.

Quote:
The trip wire bomb... does it ever work? I've set this thing up in doorways dozens of times, and not once has it worked. Guys walk in and stab me while I'm looking out the window.
I haven't really used those. One thing is that are never a one-hit kill. So when a full-health enemy steps on the tripmine, he will drop to 10 or so health, and still be able to come up and stab you.

Quote:
The bullet drop and having to anticipate where the guy will be 1/3 of second after you pull the trigger is sure challenging. I think my k/d is probably around .85 - 1.00. For comparison, my k/d on COD is around 1.35.
Yep, but that's what makes the game feel so cool. In closer quarters, you don't have to worry so much about the bullet travel time.

Seems sort of silly, but the best time for improving your K/D is to...not die. Catch an enemy by surprise, kill him. But don't run out in the open just in hopes of killing one guy. At best, you will trade a kill for a death, which doesn't help your ratio. Also don't try to engage in a 1v3 battle. Run away.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gottabekd For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2016, 06:32 PM   #115
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any of you guys playing XBone? Love BF1 but it gets boring playing by yourself.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:40 PM   #116
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Thanks for the input, gottabekd, I appreciate it. I should mention though, all I ever play is Team Deathmatch.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:01 AM   #117
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

1.new map called giants shadow came out about two weeks ago or less I find it's in the map rotation after Sinai dessert.

2.They did an upgrade on the weather effects the fog is pee soup and if your in a plane it will be very low cover.

3. They added a new gun to the game it's a crossbow that fires either frag grenades or he grenades.

4 the first dlc will add the French army to the battle I'm guessing with new maps as well.
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:14 PM   #118
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

My 12 year old is pushing to get this on EA Access to try. He advises (from his friends) that the violence, blood, and language can all be turned down or off. Can someone please advise if these controls are in the settings? Thanks!
Old 01-01-2017, 01:51 PM   #119
photon

Exp:

I don't think there is, the game is rated M and it's about war, I don't think there'd be any way to turn off the violence and blood without making a different version of the game.

The multi-player is pretty tame though I don't think there's any really graphic stuff is there (for those who have played more)? Well other than you run around killing people but it's not very graphic I don't think.

The single player tries to treat a serious subject (WWI) seriously though so might be too graphic for 12.
Old 01-01-2017, 02:25 PM   #120
BigNumbers
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I wouldn't let a 12 year old play it.
BigNumbers is offline   Reply With Quote