Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-07-2017, 08:20 AM   #2201
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes!!! Finally rolled a sun stone at a stop today! Regionally complete up to gen 2!

I do want a re-roll for sure. I have a few high IV mons that I would not mind getting gold and walking a re-roll of moves for.

10k eggs are the only things I use my extra incubators for. Sadly I haven't gotten much since they rebalanced the egg drop rates.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:49 PM   #2202
jwslam
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegypticus View Post
Right now I'm seriously upset with eggs. As I understand it, you have roughly a 42-43% chance of a 5k egg, around the same for a 2k egg, and the remainder is 10k. Well, I'm in such a streak of bad luck with getting 5k eggs that it's starting to not feel like chance anymore. In the last 2-3 months I've got to be around 85% 5ks. In fact, I think I'm in a streak of more than 10 in a row right now. I'm saving 10ks again since I hatched all mine around a month ago, and I still only have a single one. The rest are 5k. I've gotten maybe 4-5 2ks since then, and at least 25-30 5k. It's getting absurd.
For 2/5/10, I'm currently holding 3/5/1 of each.
jwslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:41 AM   #2203
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Trainers,

We’re celebrating two amazing milestones—Pokémon GO’s one-year anniversary and 750 million global downloads—and you’re invited to join in on the fun! Over the next few months, we’re hosting real-world and in-game events planned alongside some very exciting new features that will get you outside exploring the world with family and friends. Get ready for an action-packed couple of months!

To kick things off, we will be hosting the Solstice Event starting on June 13, 2017. This in-game event will feature Fire-type and Ice-type Pokémon, huge XP bonuses for throwing Poké Balls accurately, and discounted Lucky Eggs in the in-game shop. Soon thereafter, you can look forward to a new update focused on collaborative group gameplay features that will get you playing Pokémon GO in fun new ways. In preparation for these exciting features, we’ll be temporarily disabling Gyms for a short period of time.

We’re also excited to announce our first ever real-world Pokémon GO event coming your way: Pokémon GO Fest Chicago! This event will take place in downtown Chicago, Illinois, USA at the beautiful Grant Park on July 22, 2017. Join us as we celebrate the Pokémon GO community with a ton of exciting festivities. Tickets and more information for Pokémon GO Fest Chicago will be available at PokemonGoLive.com/Fest on Monday, June 19 at 10:00 A.M. PDT, so make sure to mark your calendars and follow our social media channels to be notified when tickets go live! European Trainers can look forward to Pokémon GO celebrations hosted across the continent from June through September in partnership with Unibail-Rodamco shopping centers. We'll be posting a complete schedule for these events very soon. Also, The Pokémon Company is organizing “Pikachu Outbreak”, a Pokémon event in Yokohama, Japan, in August where they’re exploring a unique Pokémon GO experience. Stay tuned for even more details surrounding each of these events in the coming weeks.

Keep an eye on PokemonGoLive.com and our Pokémon GO social media channels for the latest news and updates surrounding the exciting features and events coming your way. See you outside!

—The Pokémon GO team
http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/anniversary2017
EldrickOnIce is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2017, 03:27 PM   #2204
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

So....live events = legendaries?

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #2205
Top Shelf
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Looks like the event may have started, suddenly seeing Growlithes, Vulpixs and Ponytas downtown
Top Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:48 PM   #2206
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

I thought this was supposed to be fire and ice type - all I'm seeing is fire type.

I will definately get my pokedex entries for Typhlosion and Houndoom before the week is over.

Edit: I guess I'm seeing lots of ice type Swinubs.

Last edited by You Need a Thneed; 06-13-2017 at 02:51 PM.
You Need a Thneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:51 PM   #2207
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Using the Montreal Poke map, there are about 15 Lapras out at all times, when there is usually one or two, so ice are out there.
Throw bonus exp are triple. 30 points for curve and nice throw, 150 for great and 300 for excellent. Might be bonus for catching fire or ice mons as well, wasn't paying attention.

Edit: it's actually triple points for every Pokémon caught. Had a couple 1560exp catches tonight, with lucky egg.

Last edited by EldrickOnIce; 06-13-2017 at 08:19 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:11 AM   #2208
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

What tracker are you using, Eldrick?

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
Old 06-14-2017, 10:53 AM   #2209
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
What tracker are you using, Eldrick?
Not using a tracker, haven't for a long time now.
Do kind of use a live map that is available for several 'major' cities.
Montrealpokemap.com
Used the same when I was in Vegas in Feb
Vegaspokemap.com
Can filter out any you don't want to show. Can also subscribe to their twitter feed and be notified immediately when a big beast comes out. It doesn't help me a lot, as I am about 10 minutes out of Montreal when no traffic as is, but have used it to chase down several Dragonites, etc that spawn close enough to me, but no Unown yet.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #2210
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought all trackers went down recently after the Shadowbans came around for tracker accounts. Looks like they are not impacted?

Calgary one is dead because of that exact issue.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:00 PM   #2211
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
I thought all trackers went down recently after the Shadowbans came around for tracker accounts. Looks like they are not impacted?

Calgary one is dead because of that exact issue.
Yeah. Not sure why, but whatever these guys are doing is not affected. Here is an example of a Twitter notification from this morning. First link is to the map itself, second is google maps link.

Alakazam (M) (IV: 71% - CP: 2286) until 11:14:09AM at 62 Av Brookfield https://t.co/PHxFOBnkFV https://t.co/4ZzHuTYRNa
Old 06-14-2017, 12:28 PM   #2212
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, outside of Swinubs, it's all fire types for me.
Not complaining though, as I'll hopefully evolve a Typhlosion
Mass_nerder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:09 PM   #2213
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Not using a tracker, haven't for a long time now.
Do kind of use a live map that is available for several 'major' cities.
Montrealpokemap.com
Used the same when I was in Vegas in Feb
Vegaspokemap.com
Can filter out any you don't want to show. Can also subscribe to their twitter feed and be notified immediately when a big beast comes out. It doesn't help me a lot, as I am about 10 minutes out of Montreal when no traffic as is, but have used it to chase down several Dragonites, etc that spawn close enough to me, but no Unown yet.
Is there one for Calgary?

Old 06-14-2017, 02:24 PM   #2214
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Not that I know of, anymore. The group running these maps have only Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal for Canadian cities.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:09 PM   #2215
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Not that I know of, anymore. The group running these maps have only Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal for Canadian cities.
There was, Pkmtracker that never made it out of beta but that got killed in the recent shadowban changes Niantic put out. They are doing a code re-write right now and may or may not re-launch if they can get it working again.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2017, 07:18 PM   #2216
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Now up to Pokedex 228.

Still need:

Ampharos
Togetic
Militank
Unown
Tyranitar

Finally evolved a Typhlosion this afternoon, because I had caught a pretty good Cyndaquil. Of course, what do I catch on my backyard when I get home tonight? A 96%IV level 30 Cyndaquil. Only 120 more candies to get that one to Typhlosion as well.

Top Pokemon list:

2928 Rhydon (also 2830)
2915 Gyarados
2867 Snorlax (also 2625 and 2409)
2753 Vaporeon ( many more)
2489 Alakazam
2440 Exeggutor
2405 Golem
2378 Donphan
Old 06-17-2017, 08:25 PM   #2217
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My brother and I went to the U of C Research Park today. That place is pretty neat. 7 stops in a 350m loop that were mostly all lured for the entire afternoon. We got around 275k exp each and we picked up an 88% lvl 24 Lapras, which was a new dex entry for both. Oh, and it's a Pikachu nest right now, too.
Aegypticus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aegypticus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2017, 09:14 AM   #2218
InBurkeWeTrust
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Some folks from Instinct/Mystic will be luring RP from 10am-10pm today for anyone that may be off or have some free time.

Too bad normal people work today lol

Their goal is 2million XP today
InBurkeWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:36 AM   #2219
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lots of changes coming. This is only the start
Quote:
New Gym Features and Updates: Starting soon, Gyms are undergoing a major facelift. You’ll soon be able to spin the Photo Disc at Gyms to acquire items just as you do at PokéStops—but that’s only the beginning. More updates to Gym battles are also just around the corner. Gyms are no longer based on Prestige and training. Instead, they now feature six permanent slots that can be filled by the controlling team’s Pokémon. Each Pokémon assigned to these slots must be unique.
More details here
http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/raids
Old 06-19-2017, 12:31 PM   #2220
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Gyms are going to be totally different - it's certainly going to be interesting.