Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2015, 12:29 PM   #1221
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
The big problem I've found with Crucible -- games are always great fun for the first 3 or 4 minutes. Great battles, fast paced, fun. Then everybody gets super charges. And after that the heavy ammo drops. The rest of the match is trying to avoid getting one shotted every fifteen seconds. They have a brilliant multiplayer game in there but they've neutered it with these super powered attacks/weapons that are far too frequent.

They need to drop a bare bones mode that scratches the super charges and heavy weapons. Just bare bones skill with the regular guns.
It certainly changes the complexion of the game - but I would argue that map control is the number one reason people don't control heavy weapons, or get taken down by super charges.

Proper map positioning, weapon selection, and team shooting nullifies heavy weapons and supers quite easily.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 01:28 PM   #1222
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
The big problem I've found with Crucible -- games are always great fun for the first 3 or 4 minutes. Great battles, fast paced, fun. Then everybody gets super charges. And after that the heavy ammo drops. The rest of the match is trying to avoid getting one shotted every fifteen seconds. They have a brilliant multiplayer game in there but they've neutered it with these super powered attacks/weapons that are far too frequent.

They need to drop a bare bones mode that scratches the super charges and heavy weapons. Just bare bones skill with the regular guns.
http://www.vg247.com/2015/02/26/dest...but-next-week/
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:07 PM   #1223
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjRhythmic View Post
I ready about this but it's not quite what I was thinking. I actually like the radar, it's a vital element to the strategy of the game. And this doesn't get rid of supers/heavy ammo entirely either.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:12 PM   #1224
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccree View Post
My son figured out how to add friends on the PS4. Some of you may be getting a friend invite from kidbanchee. He scanned my friend list and sent a few requests before I could stop him. You can accept if you want. He is looking for help to run the nightfall etc... I wish he would have asked before he did . He is a level 26 titan if anyone is wondering.

Got it and accepted. I've got no issue helping him out.
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StrykerSteve For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2015, 11:24 PM   #1225
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

After being convinced by everyone to play this game again I have and have enjoying the heck out of it. The only problem is that I have zero PSN friends. I imagine the game is way more fun playing with others. If you're inclined to do so feel free to add me. My name is: Captainslow.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meelapo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2015, 11:44 PM   #1226
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

I'll add my name again for any CP members that don't know it: Juraverybadmista (PS4)
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 01:26 AM   #1227
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

StrykerIsland here

http://destinystatus.com/psn/StrykerIsland#stats-1

About 757 hours put into this game so far. Best bang for my buying dollar in a long time.
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 01:49 AM   #1228
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thanks for the games tonight boys, had a great time joking around with everyone.

You guys are great sports for taking all the jabs that get thrown out throughout the night.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:20 AM   #1229
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It was fun. FInally made those stupid jump on these $&@$ing platforms before they disappear part.

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:23 AM   #1230
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
After being convinced by everyone to play this game again I have and have enjoying the heck out of it. The only problem is that I have zero PSN friends. I imagine the game is way more fun playing with others. If you're inclined to do so feel free to add me. My name is: Captainslow.
My psn name is mccree13

Old 02-28-2015, 09:27 AM   #1231
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did Crota for the first time last night. I only really get on to run big group raids with my friends now. It was a good time! I actually found it a tad easier than Vault of Glass.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:42 AM   #1232
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, outside of getting the crota fight coordination down, it's much easier than vog. I still enjoy vog much more though.
I just ran my second hm crota, and now have the word of crota and fang...not sure if I have any real motivation to keep running hm now.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:35 PM   #1233
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
StrykerIsland here

About 757 hours put into this game so far. Best bang for my buying dollar in a long time.
737 for me. The last time I was this involved was for Football Manager 2014 with only 200 hours...
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:43 PM   #1234
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought I had a lot of play time at 332 hours...
I still really enjoy it, despite the repetition, and it's going to kill me, waiting until April/May for the next DLC.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:21 PM   #1235
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Wow, lots of hours logged. I came close to 400 with Titanfall last year.

I reached level 25 or 26 in Destiny on XB1. I've just purchased a PS4 and got Destiny for free (EB promo) so figured
I'll start a Warlock and start playing through again. PSN is MaxCowDisease.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:31 PM   #1236
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
StrykerIsland here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
737 for me. The last time I was this involved was for Football Manager 2014 with only 200 hours...
Oh snap! I think I'm right at the 400 hour mark. I thought I would be done with this game after downing Crota HM and getting my Fang and Word. But for some reason, I keep going back. Though in all honesty my play time has gone down. I don't run nightfall x3 and weekly x3 every week anymore. And I probably run VoG maybe once or twice every two weeks. I did still down Crota HM twice and NM once this week still.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:38 PM   #1237
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

My son got his first legendary engram today with his hunter and was so happy thinking he got some armour. Decodes the the engram and its shards. Dude was so mad it was funny. He went straight to bed. ��

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mccree For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2015, 11:03 PM   #1238
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hahaha.
I can't remember the last time a legendary engram turned into anything other than ascendant shards and energies.
It was no exception when my third character only got a legendary engram for the nightfall reward, which turned into two energies.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:18 AM   #1239
johnnyrocket03
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I could really use some help doing raids and regular and hard on PS4...my PSN is the same as my username here: johnnyrocket03

Please add me if you can help me out, I dont know enough people who play this game to be able to run through the raids regularly.
johnnyrocket03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:50 AM   #1240
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocket03 View Post
I could really use some help doing raids and regular and hard on PS4...my PSN is the same as my username here: johnnyrocket03

Please add me if you can help me out, I dont know enough people who play this game to be able to run through the raids regularly.
I can add you at around 5:00pm or so if you'll be home today.
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote