Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-28-2017, 02:07 PM   #1961
REDVAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentoman View Post
Michael Saunders signed to a minor league contract .... yikes ... hope it stays a minor league one.
Uh... have you looked in left field lately? There's no one there.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:14 PM   #1962
Dentoman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

If the playoffs aren't a pipe dream at this point, they will be if Saunders returns to LF.
Dentoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:18 PM   #1963
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Stro gets the hook in the 8th, 2 out, threw 119 pitches. No runs allowed.

Fantastic outing. Gets a nice ovation from the crowd.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2017, 06:57 PM   #1964
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

My god Morales is swinging at some bad pitches. Another frustrating game.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:18 PM   #1965
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jays hitters are terrible. 2 hits against Jiminez?

GTFO
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:28 PM   #1966
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Horrible at bat by Donaldson too.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:36 PM   #1967
Karl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well that game SUCKED!
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:45 PM   #1968
Karl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't believe the Jays hitters couldn't hit 2 of the worst statistical pitchers in the AL.

What a waste...just so much horsepoop going on at the plate.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:54 AM   #1969
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

I'm on the verge of hoping they blow it up. There is something very wrong with this team this year. Injuries have been a part of it, but man, they can't hit. When they were hitting, they couldn't pitch.

I keep thinking that they are going to go on a big run, and they still may. Even with this recent stretch, they have the 2nd best record in the AL since April 28th or something. Crazy.

Nobody is running away (except Houston) so there is still some hope, but watching this is frustrating.

Ubaldo freakin' Jimenez!?!?!?
Old 06-30-2017, 08:46 AM   #1970
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's definitely time to sell. Get ahead of it so you have more buyers. They're not catching the Yankees or Red Sox. Even then the Twins, Mariners, Rangers, Royals etc all seem to be playing well enough.

Even if they somehow grab a wildcard, they have to play the Astros or Yankees/Red Sox or Indians to get through AL only to meet Nationals/Cubs/Dodgers. Who's willing to put their money on the Jays even fully healthy?

They have some decent pieces to sell; Happ, Estrada, Lariano, Bautista, Pillar, Donaldson, Smoak, older bullpen arms. Add to Vlady jr, Bichette, Urena etc and reload properly.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2017, 11:12 AM   #1971
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

I really hope they don't sell. Their BABip for RISP is at something like an all time low for 29 years (!). They are just not getting the hits to fall with runners in scoring position. It's somewhat of a miracle that with all the injuries and bad luck they've had that they are still in the race. Baseball is a long season for a reason - their luck has to turn around somewhat.

And if they do sell, where does that leave the team? We don't exactly have a number of prospects knocking on the door of the MLB roster, so trading for prospects and draft picks would leave the team in shambles. I sort of get annoyed when things aren't going great, everyone just says "blow it up", with no real thought as to the implications and hows a re-build is done properly.

Jays finally have good attendance numbers and people are excited about the team. I'd be very surprised if there was a sell off of players. Ownership and management want the fans to keep coming, and you know they can't sell a re-build now after only a few years of post-season play after their long drought.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:26 AM   #1972
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
I really hope they don't sell. Their BABip for RISP is at something like an all time low for 29 years (!). They are just not getting the hits to fall with runners in scoring position. It's somewhat of a miracle that with all the injuries and bad luck they've had that they are still in the race. Baseball is a long season for a reason - their luck has to turn around somewhat.

And if they do sell, where does that leave the team? We don't exactly have a number of prospects knocking on the door of the MLB roster, so trading for prospects and draft picks would leave the team in shambles. I sort of get annoyed when things aren't going great, everyone just says "blow it up", with no real thought as to the implications and hows a re-build is done properly.

Jays finally have good attendance numbers and people are excited about the team. I'd be very surprised if there was a sell off of players. Ownership and management want the fans to keep coming, and you know they can't sell a re-build now after only a few years of post-season play after their long drought.
So what point is it not luck? It was the same story last year for Most of the year. Luck has nothing to do with it in my opinion. This team can't generate offence with the homerun, is slower than molasses, and gets older each and every year. We would have been exposed last year if not for career Years from 80% of our rotation.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2017, 11:30 AM   #1973
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jeff Blair I think it was said on Tim & Sid yesterday that he thinks rather than doing a fire sale they'll just try and plug holes for next season. Attendance was his reasoning.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:55 PM   #1974
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's a really odd question, but rather than the Jays being sellers over the next couple seasons, what are the odds that either a guy like Trout or Harper sign with us? I know the Jays have that internal policy of no more than 5 years, but in the name of getting a generational talent, do you think Rogers would pony up the cash and let guys like Tulo or Pillar, walk away?
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:00 PM   #1975
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
Here's a really odd question, but rather than the Jays being sellers over the next couple seasons, what are the odds that either a guy like Trout or Harper sign with us? I know the Jays have that internal policy of no more than 5 years, but in the name of getting a generational talent, do you think Rogers would pony up the cash and let guys like Tulo or Pillar, walk away?
0. Big fat zero.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:29 PM   #1976
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
None.
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:22 PM   #1977
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well Trout is already signed, so I don't like our odds for him!
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 05:17 PM   #1978
Karl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Score some runs please!
Old 06-30-2017, 05:29 PM   #1979
Skaloper
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote: