Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-10-2017, 06:51 PM   #1
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:
Default Sponsors

I like the new (original) set up but was wondering why the last posts, thread count and posts part doesn't work as it did before making the last switch to fit more sponsors?

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Travis Munroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:11 PM   #2
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I couldn't figure out a way to get it to work and still look ok, everything either got squished too much and the thread and post counts weren't readable, or the whole things expanded beyond the width of the page. I don't know a ton about making templates for this software.

The goal there was to balance the visibility with vertical scrolling space, plus I thought the table format set the sponsor forums visually apart, making them distinctive without resorting to different colours or something more overt.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 09:10 PM   #3
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

On the home page of the forum it is in the long row style and then in the off topic forum it goes into chart mode.

The long row shows no threads for any sponsors. It has a space for recent thread, thread count, etc and used to show this information but now it makes the section look empty. Is there a way to go back to having the most recent thread, number of people viewing, thread count, etc?

Under the box style, the red buttons for new threads does not work. The red light/button is always in "off" mode. Why is this?

Any information would be greatly appreciated and thanks for all your efforts on this site!

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Travis Munroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:49 PM   #4
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

For the forum home page view, that's controlled by the forum software. A forum can't exist in two places at once, so one of the places the forum acts as an actual forum showing the info, and in the other place it acts as a forum "link", and the link doesn't have all the recent info like last post and all that. Moving the sponsor forums to off topic was to increase their visibility. I'm not positive what would happen if I moved the sponsor forums back to the main page and made the off topic table forum links (meaning I'm not sure if they'd even show up with the modifications I made to have them displayed), but if they did they would show the info the same way it's display currently on the main page.

As far as I can tell it's a one or the other situation, but I'll take another look to see if there's a different way to have a link to a subforum that acts more like the actual subforum.

I'm pretty sure the red buttons work, at least I seem to recall seeing them as full red in the past when there's new posts. I'll do a bit of testing, I don't think there's a reason they shouldn't work but it could be my modifications are incorrect.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post: