Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2015, 07:52 AM   #881
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
The amount of whining in this thread is unbearable. The NHL doesn't like us, cbc doesn't like us, the referees don't like us.... It just sounds like unbearable whining that people here make fun of other teams fan bases here for. It is only a hockey game, stop taking it so darn seriously.
Gtfo
Old 04-19-2015, 09:31 AM   #882
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The amount of whining in this thread is unbearable. The NHL doesn't like us, cbc doesn't like us, the referees don't like us.... It just sounds like unbearable whining that people here make fun of other teams fan bases here for. It is only a hockey game, stop taking it so darn seriously.
It's been everywhere and reflects terribly on the fanbase. This team, which wasn't supposed to even be in the playoffs, has managed to take home ice advantage away and is now heading home with the series tied. Sure, there's plenty of excitement and optimism, but I hear so much more whining and moaning about everything that anyone can find to latch onto and complain about, it's incomprehensible. It's like fans in this city have forgotten in the past six years how to enjoy watching a team make a run and are addicted to bitterness and cynicism.

Leave that to the Leafs fans, huh?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2015, 09:46 AM   #883
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
They looked like the slower team in game two. I said before the series that the way the Flames played the regular season was not conducive to playoff success and so far they have proven me right. This team simply can't afford their first line to be its worst line as has been the case through most of six periods especially the way the Flames rarely play 60 minutes as they rely on the first line being clutch to make up for the territorial disadvantage they typically play to.
The problem is the Flames top line is having time and space taken away from them by the Canucks. That's playoff hockey - everyone is revving at a higher gear. Monahan, Gaudreau, and Hudler have to adapt.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 12:21 PM   #884
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
It's been everywhere and reflects terribly on the fanbase. This team, which wasn't supposed to even be in the playoffs, has managed to take home ice advantage away and is now heading home with the series tied. Sure, there's plenty of excitement and optimism, but I hear so much more whining and moaning about everything that anyone can find to latch onto and complain about, it's incomprehensible. It's like fans in this city have forgotten in the past six years how to enjoy watching a team make a run and are addicted to bitterness and cynicism.

Leave that to the Leafs fans, huh?
I just don't get it, I may be less of a fan than most people, but I am not about to get upset about a colour commentators bias. It just seems so much like petty whining. It is only a game that should be fun to watch, if you are getting upset to the degree that you feel the need to be drunk or fight, it is time to reexamine your priorities. It is entertainment, nothing else.
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mean Mr. Mustard For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2015, 12:33 PM   #885
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I just don't get it, I may be less of a fan than most people, but I am not about to get upset about a colour commentators bias. It just seems so much like petty whining. It is only a game that should be fun to watch, if you are getting upset to the degree that you feel the need to be drunk or fight, it is time to reexamine your priorities. It is entertainment, nothing else.
I hate that I agree with you!
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:08 PM   #886
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, pretty silly of you to lump in the guys you think are whining with people getting drunk or fighting. The latter is on another level from the former.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 03:10 PM   #887
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fair enough, there just seemed to be a bunch of people who were taking the loss and the scrum at the end overly personal and getting unduly upset and angry with some people displaying this through ridiculous hopes of vengeance and the false bravado of attempts at masculinity.
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote