Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2017, 09:08 AM   #141
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Bennett is not going anywhere. Let him continue to develop We need to all realize that Monahan, Bennett, Johnny, Hamilton, Tkachuk, Kylington, Gillies, Brodie, Jankowski, Parsons and whoever else you wanna include in this teams potential future still need time to develop and figure out who they are fully. We are not going to make the playoffs this year as is.
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:14 AM   #142
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It's so obvious he's better suited as a winger right now. He can't play his game because he's so worried about defence when he really doesn't know where to be in all three zones.

Let him be a winger and learn slowly.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 10:39 AM   #143
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

I am getting more and more on board with trading him. He's behind Gaudreau and Tkachuk at LW and behind Backlund and Monahan at C. He also seems to lag behind our core players in development. Monahan, Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Hamilton have already arrived, while Bennett still figuring out the game. Moving him for legit top 6 C/RW who is at 23-26 age group may significally improve the way the team is assembled.
Pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:50 AM   #144
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trading Bennett right now would be some of the worst asset management possible.

And considering the Flames aren't ready to compete yet anyway, what possible point is there to trading away a future piece at low value?
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 10:52 AM   #145
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I am getting more on board with that as well. He's clearly best suited for LW than C, and we are stacked at both positions (Gaudreau/Tkachuk and Monahan/Backlund). Unless he can convert to the RW, which I don't think will be easy for him, we have to figure out what to do with this guy.

We are not in - or almost finished with - rebuild mode on this team. Been doing that for 3 years now. We need help on the RW, and we have some assets that could help us down the right side. I think Bennett would be one of them.

I'm not opposed to giving him one more season, but he's really a small fish in a big pond right now for the positions he can play.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:53 AM   #146
Par
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

We have get Sam Bennett a coach that will give him some confidence, Hartley was never giving him that and now Gultzan is not doing the same. The coach I would look at is Lindy Ruff, if the Stars don't do anything, than he is gone and he has helped Tyler Sequin a lot but he did destroy their Russian prospect.
Par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:20 AM   #147
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I am getting more on board with that as well. He's clearly best suited for LW than C, and we are stacked at both positions (Gaudreau/Tkachuk and Monahan/Backlund). Unless he can convert to the RW, which I don't think will be easy for him, we have to figure out what to do with this guy.

We are not in - or almost finished with - rebuild mode on this team. Been doing that for 3 years now. We need help on the RW, and we have some assets that could help us down the right side. I think Bennett would be one of them.

I'm not opposed to giving him one more season, but he's really a small fish in a big pond right now for the positions he can play.
My guess is that Tkachuk will end up as a RW and Bennett as a LW if he doesn't make it at centre.
Rick M. is offline   Reply With Quote