Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2017, 10:00 AM   #1
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Optical Disk Drive Class Action (US Residents Only)

Edit: Thanks to Fuzz: you needed to have been a resident of one of the 24 states/districts when the purchase was made. See the full list in Fuzz's post after this one.

This seems similar to the RAM class action suit a couple years ago.

There is now a class action suit against optical disk drive manufacturers for inflating their prices between 2003 and 2008.

Right now they are collecting names. You can earn up to $10/computer you purchased between those years that contain an ODD.

As usual, sign up at your own risk. You must sign up before July 1, 2017.

Link to sign up.

Last edited by psyang; 02-07-2017 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Add US Resident Restriction
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:05 AM   #2
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks to be US only:
  1. You purchased a new computer with an internal ODD, a stand-alone ODD designed for internal use in a computer, or an ODD designed to be attached externally to a computer for your own use and not for resale;
  2. You made this purchase while a resident of Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wisconsin; and
  3. You made this purchase between April 1, 2003 and December 31, 2008.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:14 AM   #3
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Looks to be US only:
  1. You purchased a new computer with an internal ODD, a stand-alone ODD designed for internal use in a computer, or an ODD designed to be attached externally to a computer for your own use and not for resale;
  2. You made this purchase while a resident of Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wisconsin; and
  3. You made this purchase between April 1, 2003 and December 31, 2008.
Thanks for the clarification - that probably rules out most people on here, but maybe it will still benefit a few. I'll edit my original post.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:27 AM   #4
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Huh, I actually qualify for this and am positive I did buy an ODD back then. I suspect a receipt or something will ultimately be needed and there is 0 chance I come up with that.
cracher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:30 AM   #5
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The RAM class action didn't require a receipt.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote