Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-22-2017, 08:32 PM   #21
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Preds score to go up 3-2.

It's amazing with our recent suckage that we still have a wild card spot. It helps that LA has also been bad.
That's why as fans we should probably wait until the season is over before performing any post-mortems
Old 01-22-2017, 09:06 PM   #22
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefoss1957 View Post
Mustard, if the roles had been the reversed, under current rules, and the D-Man cut the Forward on the diving play, then a call would be appropriate, I just wonder about the converse.
It would have been different though because Baertschi was in control of the puck when he attempted to get around Seabrook. It in this process that Baertschi fell, resulting in Seabrook falling over top of him. It could have been a call but it would have been a very weak one given it involved two players falling on a hockey play. There is physical contact in the sport and players fall down in pursuit of the puck, it isn't always a penalty.
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:19 PM   #23
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

How do the Canucks not get blown out on an almost nightly basis?

I know the Flames aren't impressing anyone right now but the Canucks with that roster probably shouldn't be where they are right now. But mm, I suppose neither should the Flames. Though if the Flames are lacking talent - which seems to be said on a daily basis - then the Canucks are absolutely deprived of it (with the Sedins becoming very average).

We should be like 10 points better than them given the talent on the Flames. It just goes to show how little potential GG is extracting from this team compared to what it's capable of. What a crappy season.

In regards to the Preds, I saw this coming from a long ways away. They were gonna make a charge and it was only a matter of time. Unfortunately the Flames' ebb has aligned with their flow. Still, in the end it's going to come down to one wildcard spot for LA, Calgary or Vancouver. The few games versus LA late in the season are probably going to be the deciding factor. Will this team figure out how to step up in important games by then?

Last edited by djsFlames; 01-22-2017 at 10:26 PM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote