Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2017, 12:20 PM   #1401
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
The Scavengers got the guns that Rick and Michonne found at the school that had been converted to a military outpost. The ones from Oceanside were the ones that the Hilltop and Alexandria used.
Illiterate Female Spock made a comment of "not enough" when Rick and crew showed up with the military outpost supply. I assumed that some of the Oceanside stock was used by the Group that Logic Forgot.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:15 PM   #1402
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

I don't understand the offence with the predictability of the Sasha death. Clearly it was not written in as a surprise ending. She constantly told Abraham, who is dead, that she would be seeing him soon, how they were going to be together, etc...

If people didn't pick up on it, it was strikingly similar to the way, her brother, Tyrese's death was handled. In both cases, they more or less announced to the audience that the character was dead early on in the episode, then the rest was looking into the psyche of a person in that situation.

Not every death has to be handled like some surprise twist.

Last edited by blankall; 04-04-2017 at 03:46 PM.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:30 PM   #1403
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I don't understand the offence with this. Clearly it was not written in as a surprise ending. She constantly told Abraham, who is dead, that she would be seeing him soon, how they were going to be together, etc...

If people didn't pick up on it, it was strikingly similar to the way, her brother, Tyrese's death was handled. In both cases, they more or less announced to the audience that the character was dead early on in the episode, then the rest was looking into the psyche of a person in that situation.

Not every death has to be handled like some surprise twist.
I'm not sure if this is a jab at me not picking up on this off the bat or not lol. I'M SLOW OKAY?
Old 04-04-2017, 03:45 PM   #1404
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
I'm not sure if this is a jab at me not picking up on this off the bat or not lol. I'M SLOW OKAY?
Lol. Sorry wasn't meant to be a jab at you. Was just a comment on the topic of the Sasha death and other posters who were upset that it was too telegraphed. Shouldn't really have quoted your comment at all. Your comment just made me think of my comment.
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2017, 04:32 PM   #1405
Rubber Ducky
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So what were Scavenger woman and Negan talking about? She wanted 12, he said 10. And glared at her. She accepted 10. Were they talking about people? Maybe that's why the Scavengers didn't mow everybody down during the fighting...?

Maybe they need forced labour to clean up their dump.
Rubber Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 04:34 PM   #1406
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Ducky View Post
So what were Scavenger woman and Negan talking about? She wanted 12, he said 10. And glared at her. She accepted 10. Were they talking about people? Maybe that's why the Scavengers didn't mow everybody down during the fighting...?

Maybe they need forced labour to clean up their dump.
I thought they were talking about people as well.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:49 PM   #1407
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Rick should be able to do away with Jadis by simply sitting her down with the King for a conversation. She'd probably go instant walker.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:10 PM   #1408
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I thought they were talking about people as well.
It appears they lost at least 10 or more people in that battle so I fail to see what was in it for them joining Negan if thats the case. Not exactly sure why humans would be valuable to them as currency unless they were slaves. It seems guns, ammunition, and food would be the main currencies in this post zombie outbreak world.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:38 PM   #1409
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
It appears they lost at least 10 or more people in that battle so I fail to see what was in it for them joining Negan if thats the case. Not exactly sure why humans would be valuable to them as currency unless they were slaves. It seems guns, ammunition, and food would be the main currencies in this post zombie outbreak world.
Maybe the 10 or 12 humans would be food.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:20 PM   #1410
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I am sure they weren't expecting to lose anyone when they made the deal, so they would've gained 10 people. They didn't make the deal right then and there. She said they had agreed on twelve, then Negan said ten, then the submission stare down. She also told Rick, after he said "I thought we had a deal", "I got a better deal".
Old 04-07-2017, 03:40 PM   #1411
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rick will kill Negan. Has to.

Here's the reason:

It's a pretty simple fact of any type of fantasy story line, or video game, or whatever that the only people that can kill a boss level bad guy, is a boss level good guy.

If Negan is a lvl 90 bad guy, Rick is clearly the only lvl 90 good guy that can get the job done.

And then when Rick offs Negan, he will lvl up to 91, and be ready to take on the next lvl 91 bad guy. Until an expansion pack comes out and he needs to do some questing to get up to lvl 99 to take care of the next big bad boss.

I'll show myself out.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:44 PM   #1412
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
Rick will kill Negan. Has to.

Here's the reason:

It's a pretty simple fact of any type of fantasy story line, or video game, or whatever that the only people that can kill a boss level bad guy, is a boss level good guy.

If Negan is a lvl 90 bad guy, Rick is clearly the only lvl 90 good guy that can get the job done.

And then when Rick offs Negan, he will lvl up to 91, and be ready to take on the next lvl 91 bad guy. Until an expansion pack comes out and he needs to do some questing to get up to lvl 99 to take care of the next big bad boss.

I'll show myself out.
Or, they could always go the Wire style, and have some random character do it. Spoilers for the Wire:

Spoiler!
Old 04-10-2017, 03:12 PM   #1413
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I understand why Ezekiel talks all funny. He explained to Carol how he was an actor before and it's just an role that he's embraced.

It GMG listening to the garbage people talk. Like wtf? You are from inner city Atlanta, not remote northern Europe with very limited English. Is there an explanation for that that won't spoil anything or that comes from the comics?

FWIW I love Ezekiel's schtick. It's fun and entertaining.

I was crushed when the garbage people betrayed Rick. I was so ready to watch a rumble and to watch each and every savior be killed and Rick reign triumphant.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:25 PM   #1414
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I understand why Ezekiel talks all funny. He explained to Carol how he was an actor before and it's just an role that he's embraced.

It GMG listening to the garbage people talk. Like wtf? You are from inner city Atlanta, not remote northern Europe with very limited English. Is there an explanation for that that won't spoil anything or that comes from the comics?

FWIW I love Ezekiel's schtick. It's fun and entertaining.

I was crushed when the garbage people betrayed Rick. I was so ready to watch a rumble and to watch each and every savior be killed and Rick reign triumphant.

The garbage pail kids are not in the comics. Pretty much every time a group feels forced in and poorly executed, it's because they are a deviation from the comics. The weird ambulance group with Beth was not in the comics and neither were the Wolves. It feels like the TV show writers brainstorm for cool ideas and then just give up halfway through when they realize that fleshing out realistic characters is too hard.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:27 PM   #1415
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
You are from inner city Atlanta
When did they mention that part? The story is currently set just outside Washington DC.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:35 PM   #1416
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

d'OH

i HIT MY HEAD ON THE WEEKEND

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.

Last edited by undercoverbrother; 04-10-2017 at 03:58 PM.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:55 PM   #1417
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

According to your map (which has comic spoilers), they are all around Washington DC.

According to the show, they were close enough to see the Washington Monument.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2017, 04:03 PM   #1418
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Those maps are so frustrating.

Either they contain loads of comic spoilers and/or piles of useless info to a tv show watcher, and they seem wildly inaccurate.

It'd be nice to actually find one that would show the actual progression of the tv show.

Where was Woodbury?
Where was the prison?
Where was Terminus? (I think Macon?)
Where was the farm?
What path did the group travel on their way to being found by Aaron?

Etc, etc..
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:32 PM   #1419
MolsonInBothHands
First Line Centre

Exp:

Did I miss the part where Gregory went from contemplating killing Maggie to packing his bags, leaving, and handing leadership of Hilltop to her?

What was the deal between Neegan and Dumpster for? 12... no 10, what?

10 people shooting at Neegan's truck. Nobody hits tires, and nobody hits the Trudeau salute?

The gun fight was terrible.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:47 PM   #1420
Stud_McCool
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

At this point, I only watch this show for the LOLz.
AMC, give me more Saul Goodman!
Stud_McCool is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stud_McCool For This Useful Post: