Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #21
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

FYI I tried again this morning and they had opened the beta applications back up. I got mu key right away and logged in, will give it a go this weekend. If you don't have the client yet it took me over 24 Hours to DL it.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:24 PM   #22
Ethaniel
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Terrible Terrible Game and I have been Alpha and Beta Testing it.
3 Weeks ago i stopped playing and still nothing has been done to fix the rudementary problems this game has.
The worst thing ever done by Square Enix

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kryllyk
http://www.twitch.tv/kryllyk

Playing games on YouTube & Livestreaming on Twitch.tv Check it out!
Minecraft and more!
Ethaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #23
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Ah bummer, I haven't been able to try it yet, got the client off a torrent but still can't run it as the patcher won't even connect properly to check the version of the files. And when it's doing this the patcher is lagged out, man if they can't even do that right...
Old 09-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #24
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

If I pre-ordered this game I'm getting my money back. Horrible battle system, huge UI delays, tons of loading screens.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:23 PM   #25
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

This is a massive failure of a game. I tried playing it; unintuitive, boring combat, clumsy controls...the list goes on.

I expect this game to fail miserably.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #26
Ren
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Meh, I think I'll pass. I played FFXI for years but the only memories I have of it fall into one of the following categories:

1) Sitting around and waiting. Waiting to find a group, waiting for the airship, waiting for people to show up at our grinding camp, waiting on loading screens, waiting for a teleport/warp user to help you out because travel without these spells is a nightmare... And I played the PC version which you could not window or alt+tab out of without the game logging you out, so it's not like you could just watch Youtube or something while you waited for all this stuff
2) Trying in vain to make money amidst a legion of Chinese farmers or farmbots camping every rare spawn and finally just giving up in frustration
3) Guild drama
4) Grinding. Endless, mind numbing hours of grinding, be it leveling, weapon training, or professions. Everything is a slow, repetitive grind, the results of which could take weeks or months before you start to see any tangible reward or signs of progress for all your hard-spent hours

I don't expect any of these things to change to the degree that it makes the game enjoyable for me. I wish I could get that time back.

Last edited by Ren; 09-05-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #27
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

FF XIV is set to relaunch as A Realm Reborn this Saturday, anyone giving it a shot? Apparently it is a whole new game.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

I never played the original, but sounds like they are trying to do some DAOC style PVP with a tri realm frontlines system. If this works, it would definitely peak my interest. I haven't played a MMO in a few years but I definitely love the FF series.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #28
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll be playing it. I played a bunch of Beta Phase 2 and had a ton of fun doing so. I'm thinking of playing on the Diabolos server with some ex-WoW guildies.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #29
eden
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I'll be playing it as well. I briefly played 1.0, but it was pretty bad at the start so I quit pretty quickly. I've been playing the Beta for A Realm Reborn quite a bit and it's been fantastic, really looking forward to access starting shortly.
eden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #30
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Any reviews, impressions? Thoughts about the game?
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #31
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't been able to play yet. My friends rolled on Diabolos server but it's been locked for a couple of days now. I'll wait it out and hopefully they open it back up.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #32
Pontine
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

1.0 vs ARR is no comparison. This feels like a completely new game.

I actually stuck it out for 1.0 and played all Beta phases. Crazy to see how much the game has transformed.

I got to play quite a bit during early access, but was unable to log-in a couple times due to the server being full. They're supposed to be adding new servers next week, so hopefully that resolves the server issues.
Pontine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #33
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's been out for a week and the server issues are still brutal. Takes hours of trying just to get online.
mdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #34
cSpooge
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubz View Post
It's been out for a week and the server issues are still brutal. Takes hours of trying just to get online.
and that is a huge understatement. Hopefully it gets better after the maintenance tomorrow.
cSpooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #35
Pontine
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Despite the log in issues, I've actually got some decent play time since early access. It's definitely frustrating, but the game is worth logging in for.

Let's hope tomorrows fix, solves the server issues. Now what to do after work tomorrow lol...
Pontine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #36
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've played a conjurer to level 10 on a japanese server when I couldn't create a toon on a NA/EU server, then I leveled a Archer to level 10 on an NA server but not the server I wanted. I stuck it out but usually by the time I get logged in i don't feel like playing anymore even with my login macro. Lets hope there are some fixing and reinbursement of time.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #37
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
I've played a conjurer to level 10 on a japanese server when I couldn't create a toon on a NA/EU server, then I leveled a Archer to level 10 on an NA server but not the server I wanted. I stuck it out but usually by the time I get logged in i don't feel like playing anymore even with my login macro. Lets hope there are some fixing and reinbursement of time.
Don't they allow one free server transfer?
mdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #38
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Wow login issues in 2013? That is brutal.

What are they capping each server at? How many servers?
Old 09-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #39
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
I haven't been able to play yet. My friends rolled on Diabolos server but it's been locked for a couple of days now. I'll wait it out and hopefully they open it back up.
I was just able to create a toon on Diablos. Make one while you still can

Last edited by Raekwon; 09-05-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:15 AM   #40
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
I was just able to create a toon on Diablos. Make one well you still can
My brother was able to make mine for me while I was at work today. Level 17 GLA so far.