Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 12:52 PM   #61
canflip_101
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I have a feeling Benzo will get his 1st regular season goal tonight!
Old 10-13-2015, 12:58 PM   #62
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflip_101 View Post
No.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jg13 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2015, 12:58 PM   #63
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflip_101 View Post
The Following 77 Users Say Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
4oh3, Benched, Bohica, btimbit, Burner, Caged Great, Calgary4LIfe, calgarybornnraised, Cali Panthers Fan, Chonger, ClarkK, CofR, Cole436, CsInMyBlood, D as in David, DaQwiz, dash_pinched, Demaeon, DigitalCarpenter, Eric, Finger Cookin, Flamescat, flizzenflozz, Galakanokis, Gallick, Gaskal, Gaudfather, getbak, GioforPM, GreenLantern, handgroen, Hitman88, Hockey-and_stuff, hockey.modern, Huntingwhale, ignite09, Inferno099, jg13, Jimmy Stang, JoelOtto29, JohnnyT, Kaine, killer_carlson, Lanny'sDaMan, Locke, Loudog, Lumby Lager, MolsonInBothHands, Mony, MPE907, Muta, N-E-B, Nabber, Neeper, Number 39, Otto-matic, PaperBagger'14, polak, PugnaciousIntern, Puppet Guy, Regulator75, ResAlien, Rick M., Robo, RyZ, Scornfire, Simon96Taco, skudr248, Slacker, socalwingfan, squiggs96, Street Pharmacist, Sutter_in_law, Textcritic, Toonage, topfiverecords, zztim81
Old 10-13-2015, 01:03 PM   #64
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Blues are one of the only teams in the NHL that I fear the Flames to play. Big, strong, deep and fast.

With that being said, Blues are not quite as deep as they were last year. The Flames' talent is definitely emerging.

Would love to have a statement game against the Blues. I think the Flames have a poorer record against them than Anaheim, which is crazy considering the Honda Center Curse. I may be wrong on the record, but going off by memory I can't think of another team in the last couple of years that Calgary has experienced less success against. Hope that starts to change tonight.

Will be a treat to watch Tarasenko. Gaudreau + Tarasenko = some damn fun to watch hockey.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:21 PM   #65
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Sure got the feeling on Saturday that the team is one goal light from Bennett away from having a legitimate second line.

He's coming on, and you get that feeling he'll be dangerous once his goose egg is nuked.
I agree totally. I think if he gets one, the flood gates will open.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #66
Benched
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

wish I could thank Codynw like 10x
Old 10-13-2015, 01:30 PM   #67
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
Blues are one of the only teams in the NHL that I fear the Flames to play. Big, strong, deep and fast.

With that being said, Blues are not quite as deep as they were last year. The Flames' talent is definitely emerging.

Would love to have a statement game against the Blues. I think the Flames have a poorer record against them than Anaheim, which is crazy considering the Honda Center Curse. I may be wrong on the record, but going off by memory I can't think of another team in the last couple of years that Calgary has experienced less success against. Hope that starts to change tonight.

Will be a treat to watch Tarasenko. Gaudreau + Tarasenko = some damn fun to watch hockey.
Agreed, over the regular season the Blues will still be among the top Western teams.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 10-13-2015, 02:00 PM   #68
ScorchyScorch
Scoring Winger

Exp:

That's because for whatever reason the Blues always play a flawless 60 minute defensive team game against us.

Then they'll go on to #### the bed next game vs Minnesota or something. It's ridiculous how few times we've caught them on an off night. It's not even that we play badly, they just don't make mistakes when playing us. Meanwhile, clogging up the neutral zone and using size to their advantage.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:08 PM   #69
Angelino
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Flames will be outshot in this game but still win in regulation. Huge 2 points.

Old 10-13-2015, 03:05 PM   #70
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm not showing the game on SNF on Telus...the oilers game is showing on their channel though. I'm hoping it just isn't updated yet, others on Telus have the same issue?
Old 10-13-2015, 03:15 PM   #71
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Coke View Post
I'm not showing the game on SNF on Telus...the oilers game is showing on their channel though. I'm hoping it just isn't updated yet, others on Telus have the same issue?
We are recording channel 910....really hoping it works. Is that the Flames channel?
Old 10-13-2015, 03:23 PM   #72
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep223 View Post
We are recording channel 910....really hoping it works. Is that the Flames channel?

Yeah, that's the right channel. But it just shows 'blackout:Flames' like it usually does.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:25 PM   #73
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Coke View Post
Yeah, that's the right channel. But it just shows 'blackout:Flames' like it usually does.

According to every source I've found, the game is on Sportsnet Flames so.....maybe just a Telus glitch.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:28 PM   #74
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah it says channel 910 on mine also. 99% certain it will be on that channel since baseball and the oilers game are on the other ones.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:30 PM   #75
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchyScorch View Post
That's because for whatever reason the Blues always play a flawless 60 minute defensive team game against us.

Then they'll go on to #### the bed next game vs Minnesota or something. It's ridiculous how few times we've caught them on an off night. It's not even that we play badly, they just don't make mistakes when playing us. Meanwhile, clogging up the neutral zone and using size to their advantage.
That is for sure. Last year we were owned 4-0 if I recall correctly. Close for a while, but we could have played 200 minutes, and it didn't feel like we were going to score.

I think it will be different tonight. Monahan-Gaudreau-Hudler is a legit #1. Just love how they look. Backlund and Bennett pot goals, 3-2 Flames.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:44 PM   #76
Anar
Draft Pick

Flames St. Louis Blues at the Dome

A good challenge for the Calgary Flames to keep upbeat and maintain pace throughout the 60 minutes of play. Power play efficiency will also be integral for maintaining momentum. Some Dome cooking tonight?
Old 10-13-2015, 04:26 PM   #77
Gaudfather
Franchise Player

Exp:

Will be watching which Mason Raymond shows up tonite. Will he build on Saturday nights performance against the Canucks or will he disappear again. If he can show something against a big, strong team like the Blues that would be very encouraging.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:30 PM   #78
sixpacked
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Backes and Ott on the same team?? Very easy to hate/despise!
Old 10-13-2015, 04:30 PM   #79
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post

The Blues are always good, especially against Calgary, 'tis true. That said, I don't feel they upgraded from last year. I think if the likes of Ferland or Monahan or Frolik or Bennett pressures Jaybo, he could cough it up. They've lost Oshie who was a Flames killer IMO.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:35 PM   #80
hockey.modern
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Blues vs Flames - 7:00 - SNF

Rick Ball and Kelly Hrudley are back tonight!

@EricFrancis: Jacked to get back on @Sportsnet Flames for tonight's #Flames/#Blues tilt w @RogMillions @KellyHrudey & Rick Ball. #whatbaseball?

Tags
beat_the_blues , gtd , winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin