Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-21-2017, 03:05 PM   #241
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
I hope the FA will indeed punish divers this season. Hopefully they'll have a good luck at what Agüero and Otamendi did in the second half. Pathetic stuff.
This is their opportunity to get it right, or wrong. It's gonna be the benchmark.
If he doesn't get a ban, all future cases will reference his dives as defence.

Bagor is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2017, 03:10 PM   #242
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Everton arent going to be fun to watch this year against top half clubs

They are packing the back line
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:16 PM   #243
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
nah I thought it was harsh: https://streamable.com/tl6fk

unless he said something to the ref, of course.

EDIT: I thought Dominic Calvert-Lewin has been impressive again, seems like a proper talent. Everton have a few of those at the moment (him, Lookman, Holgate).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Wow, that was ridiculously weak. Still funny to see the 50m man sent off in the first half of his home debut though.
It's a tough one because there is a clear shrug and lift of the shoulder by Walker into the chin of the other player that the ref saw from his angle.

If he just backs in normally there is no way that is a yellow. Harsh but a stupid move to make in a non-dangerous position and on a yellow already.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 08-21-2017 at 03:52 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:06 PM   #244
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
It's a tough one because there is a clear shrug and lift of the shoulder by Walker into the chin of the other player that the ref saw from his angle.

If he just backs in normally there is no way that is a yellow. Harsh but a stupid move to make in a non-dangerous position and on a yellow already.
You think so? I watched the replay a few times and it just didn't seem like much of anything. I didn't have volume, so whoever was rolling around on the ground just seemed like it was a dive pure and simple. It worked...so to some that justifies it, but I can't stand that sort of thing. Watching Luiz yesterday was infuriating at times. You're a professional athlete for crying out loud...have a little bit of pride and at least pretend to try to stay upstanding!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:18 PM   #245
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I hope the FA will indeed punish divers this season. Hopefully they'll have a good luck at what Agüero and Otamendi did in the second half. Pathetic stuff.
Aguero is such a ####bag.

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/08/v...ics-v-everton/
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:45 PM   #246
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post

Walker looked before he did it too

Couldn't claim he didn't see him
Old 08-21-2017, 08:52 PM   #247
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spot the United fan.

Bagor is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2017, 12:11 AM   #248
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Omg hahahahah

https://mobile.twitter.com/WayneRoon...ter-6868894%2F
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2017, 08:01 AM   #249
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Davinson Sanchez getting his medical today and deal should be announced right after

If the announcement video released by the club doesn't start with Danny rose googling him something is wrong with the world
Old 08-22-2017, 08:29 AM   #250
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
five years apart:

devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2017, 11:11 AM   #251
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Davinson Sanchez getting his medical today and deal should be announced right after

If the announcement video released by the club doesn't start with Danny rose googling him something is wrong with the world
All the talk about Rose makes it sound like he could be leaving this window. Apparently United and Chelsea are lining up for him, so if that's the case I don't think he'd be making amusing videos for the club.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:21 AM   #252
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
All the talk about Rose makes it sound like he could be leaving this window. Apparently United and Chelsea are lining up for him, so if that's the case I don't think he'd be making amusing videos for the club.
this late in the window? I doubt it. Just sell Wimmer please.

United surely won't move for Rose this window ... Shaw is coming back (played in the reserves last night) and they also still have Blind and Darmian. My guess is that Shaw gets another chance this season, and if he can't take advantage of it, they'll sign a new LB next summer.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:26 AM   #253
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

This happened in the FA Cup prelims.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41011563

Quote:
Sorry for the lack of updates during the last 10 minutes yesterday.
Our twitter correspondent had to go on as a sub.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2017, 11:34 AM   #254
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
This happened in the FA Cup prelims.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41011563
You gotta do what ya gotta do. I love the FA cup.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:36 AM   #255
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
this late in the window? I doubt it. Just sell Wimmer please.

United surely won't move for Rose this window ... Shaw is coming back (played in the reserves last night) and they also still have Blind and Darmian. My guess is that Shaw gets another chance this season, and if he can't take advantage of it, they'll sign a new LB next summer.
I don't want them to sell Rose, but apparently (if you can believe anything at this point) they're having a conversation tomorrow that will make that decision. I do wonder whether Poch will keep him though. He was probably pretty upset with that interview, although I hope that if he's sold it's to another league entirely. That's the one irritating thing...sell Walker to a rival and now potentially sell Rose to one as well.

If I'm Jose though I'd talk Rose before those three without question. I think Rose is just so good, while I only watched some of United last year, Shaw wasn't that great, was he?
Old 08-22-2017, 12:05 PM   #256
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If I'm Jose though I'd talk Rose before those three without question. I think Rose is just so good, while I only watched some of United last year, Shaw wasn't that great, was he?
yeah he wasn't. Seemed to improve his conditioning as the season went on though, and after his leg break, I think he initially found it difficult to get back up to speed. I just don't think they'll give up on him just yet because the pre-injury-Shaw was simply fantastic.

We'll see. I'm 100 per cent sure that United are done (apart from re-signing Zlatan), but then again, I've been wrong about things more often than not. I also can't see Levy sell an impact player to a rival this late in the window ... I'd be shocked if that happened.
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2017, 01:03 PM   #257
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

what is that two fingered salute the city fans are giving?
Old 08-22-2017, 01:22 PM   #258
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
what is that two fingered salute the city fans are giving?
pretty much an English version of the middle finger. Goes back to taunting the French in the 14th century.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:50 PM   #259
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't want them to sell Rose, but apparently (if you can believe anything at this point) they're having a conversation tomorrow that will make that decision. I do wonder whether Poch will keep him though. He was probably pretty upset with that interview, although I hope that if he's sold it's to another league entirely. That's the one irritating thing...sell Walker to a rival and now potentially sell Rose to one as well.

Quote:
yeah he wasn't. Seemed to improve his conditioning as the season went on though, and after his leg break, I think he initially found it difficult to get back up to speed. I just don't think they'll give up on him just yet because the pre-injury-Shaw was simply fantastic.

We'll see. I'm 100 per cent sure that United are done (apart from re-signing Zlatan), but then again, I've been wrong about things more often than not. I also can't see Levy sell an impact player to a rival this late in the window ... I'd be shocked if that happened.
I could see them willing to sell

My guess though is the sessegnon rumors came up again last week, if spurs buy him from Fulham some journos are taking the leap that it would mean Rose is expendable (not that sessegnon is better now but he would rotate with Davies)
Old 08-22-2017, 11:06 PM   #260
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

So has the FA blown it on the Aguero diving? They've been remarkably mute.