Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2023, 07:51 AM   #461
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Ran my first and possibly last ultra today. Accomplished my main goals of (A) not dying (B) finishing and (C) not last.

I think that’s it for me as at this time I’m not feeling fantastic (sore and exhausted). But I guess you never know.
That’s what my wife said after her first Grizzly 10+years ago. She’s done dozens more since then. We’re here today waiting for the start of the Sunday Grizzly. I’m just support, this is too much for me!
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2023, 10:26 AM   #462
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephoen View Post
That’s what my wife said after her first Grizzly 10+years ago. She’s done dozens more since then. We’re here today waiting for the start of the Sunday Grizzly. I’m just support, this is too much for me!
Yeah and who knows. This morning I feel a little different about it, and I’m dumb enough to maybe do another. Good luck to her though, and hopefully she has lots in the tank for the 3rd and 4th leg. Those were not particularly enjoyable!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 09:20 PM   #463
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Yeah and who knows. This morning I feel a little different about it, and I’m dumb enough to maybe do another. Good luck to her though, and hopefully she has lots in the tank for the 3rd and 4th leg. Those were not particularly enjoyable!
She did pretty well, considering she hasn't been able to do any serious training all summer. Her favourite legs were 3 and 4 and she hates 1 and 2 because they're 'too boring', haha. She was bemoaning how repeatative and less challenging the course is now, compared to what it was in the early years.

So that's the path you're on now! Soon you'll be planning 100 milers and consider a mere 50K trail run a training day!
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2024, 09:23 PM   #464
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Slight bump here but I recently got into running (~2 months and progressing well) however from looking on Dr Google I may have a heel spur in my left foot only (and it’s on the back of the heel, not the bottom). I’m now doing daily foot stretches and using a lacrosse ball to roll out the bottoms of my feet. Aside from that and plantar fasciitis insoles, anything else I can be doing to minimize this mediocre pain?

Some background it’s only on my left foot on the back side of the heel, slightly inward. It isn’t a consistent pain but it has a short flare up when I squat or flex my foot towards my shin with weight on it.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 11:39 PM   #465
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Foam roller on your calves. Stuff like that takes a while to show up, especially in beginner runners. And it also takes a while to go away unfortunately. As my coach said, leg and foot muscles are all connected.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironhorse For This Useful Post: