First Line Centre

Exp:

Love that the Chargers got Williams; gonna be a nice weapon for Rivers
Lil Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:40 PM   #362
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm going to hold off on crowning the Niners until we see if there was any merit to medical concerns that caused him to drop.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:15 AM   #363
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wanted Corey Davis, but was hoping to land him at 18. Obviously that wouldn't have happened so happy we got him at 5. Don't know much about Adoree Jackson, but sounds like it was a great pick for the Titans.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:04 AM   #364
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

was shocked when the Raiders picked Conley, but it sounds like they did their homework and the claims by the girl are false, he wasn't a guy with a checkered past at all which now why the claim was so surprising

Supposedly a video came to light that disputes something she told the cops

So if he makes gets cleared and had nothing to do with it, it's a great pick, getting a guy who should have been taken 10-15

If it's true though I hope they cut him

They need help at linebacker, if foster is healthy passing on him is going to hurt, and defensive line today, although if a wr drops we could use on upgrade on wr3 and preferably a speedster deep threat
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:11 AM   #365
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really liked what the chiefs and Texans did too

I saw some arguments that the chiefs should be using picks on players that can help now being a contender butnive always said Alex Smith has a ceiling of the 2nd or 3rd round. Mahomes could end up being great, and getting to sit a year or two learning is a perfect situation

Watson in Houston is a great fit too, he probably starts right away but won't have a ton of pressure because of how good that defense is and the strength of the running game. He won't need to be great just better than osweiler and that's a possible playoff team again

I really liked what the Browns and 49ers did too, both don't expect to be good again next year. Passing on the QBs could turn out very well if they are in the top 3 again next season because Darnold and Rosen project way better than any of the QBs this year
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:05 AM   #366
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not a fan of the Conley pick. He hasn't been charged but the investigation is still open. Unless Reggie McKenzie has a Cleveland police badge in his drawer I fail to see how he would know more than the police that are still investigating the allegation. If he gets charged the NFL will investigate and he could be suspended which means he may not be ready to start for the team this season. I can understand taking that risk if you are a bad team that has no expectations but the Raiders are contending for the Super Bowl and need their drafted players contributing. I will reserve judgement on grading this pick until the situation is resolved. Could be egg on the face of Reggie and Mark Davis.

I thought all three teams trading up for QB's got fleeced as you can draw parallels to these three QB's to the 2011 draft where QB desperate teams in a bad draft for QB's moved up for Gabbert, Locker, and Ponder. At least Mahomes can sit behind Smith for a year or more and learn but even he's so raw as his footwork and mechanics are poor for a first round QB.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:54 AM   #367
Francis's Hairpiece
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Ravens take Humphrey? And without trading back?

Yes, Ozzie loves his Bama players, but man oh man, this guy looks like he is going to get torched at the next level. So many other needs, so many better players. Just wow.

That being said. My still beating heart was ripped from my chest watching Barnett and Hooker being taken in the two picks previous. God that hurt.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:20 PM   #368
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2017, 12:22 PM   #369
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bears looking pretty dysfunctional.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...itch-trubisky/
Old 04-28-2017, 12:35 PM   #370
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Bears looking pretty dysfunctional.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...itch-trubisky/
I understand that there's a hierarchy and that coaches don't get to pick players themselves but if I was a head coach in any sport I would be highly involved with the GM and scouts if only to familiarize myself with the players they are looking to add to my roster. This reeks of dysfunction IMO. It's possible Fox was on record as not liking the player and the GM loved him and made the pick regardless. Doesn't feel like Fox is long for the head coach job regardless.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:03 PM   #371
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha, Steve Smith is a gem. Answers "Anybody is better" when asked about the Browns taking a QB today and how it relates to Osweiler.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:16 PM   #372
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Looking at the Elway regime's history in the 2nd round I fully support them trading their pick for literally anyone and not making a selection.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:53 PM   #373
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Panthers take an RB in round 2 after taking McCaffrey round 1?? RB/RB to start the draft; taking the fantasy football draft approach I see.

Edit: now the Vikes jump in front of the Saints. C'mon man...nvm, good take an RB. Thought they were going D there
Sainters7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:55 PM   #374
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
now the Vikes jump in front of the Saints. C'mon man
for Dalvin Cook.

AP out, Murray and Cook in. Not bad.

Last edited by devo22; 04-28-2017 at 05:58 PM.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:21 PM   #375
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chris Ballard is crushing this so far

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:25 PM   #376
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Joe Mixon and the Bengals are a match made in heaven.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:26 PM   #377
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Roger must have gone home and watched Refer Madness after the draft last night. Of course gambling and drinking are significantly more addictive, but they make the NFL big money so can't be being all logical about things.

Quote:
“I think you still have to look at a lot of aspects of marijuana use,” Goodell said. “Is it something that can be negative to the health of our players? Listen, you’re ingesting smoke, so that’s not usually a very positive thing that people would say. It does have addictive nature. There are a lot of compounds in marijuana that may not be healthy for the players long-term. All of those things have to be considered. And it’s not as simple as someone just wants to feel better after a game. We really want to help our players in that circumstance but I want to make sure that the negative consequences aren’t something that is something that we’ll be held accountable for some years down the road.”

Goodell did acknowledge, however, the growing body of evidence that marijuana can be used for medical reasons.

“We look at it from a medical standpoint,” Goodell said. “So if people feel that it has a medical benefit, the medical advisers have to tell you that. We have joint advisers, we also have independent advisers, both the NFLPA and the NFL, and we’ll sit down and talk about that. But we’ve been studying that through our advisers. To date, they haven’t said this is a change we think you should make that’s in the best interests of the health and safety of our players. If they do, we’re certainly going to consider that. But to date, they haven’t really said that.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...and-unhealthy/
Old 04-28-2017, 06:27 PM   #378
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mixon is better than any RB not named Fournette.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:39 PM   #379
Francis's Hairpiece
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Drew Pearson with the greatest draft announcement ever. Epic.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:56 PM   #380
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol. Martavis Bryant after they took Juju Smith-Schuster

@ThaBestUno:
lol that's Sammie coates replacement not minds take it how you want to I am back.