Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-05-2016, 03:47 PM   #81
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Ibra is a great striker, but he will likely be a bit of a statue out there at this point in his career. He'll need a lot of runners around him to make it work. If he's starting I would think having Martial and Depay on his flanks with Mikhtaryan in behind looks much more dangerous. Of course that relies on the continued development of Martial and Depay though.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 03:56 PM   #82
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

well that would mean no Rooney, and we all know that's a huge no-go.

I'd agree in general though, need a lot of pace around Ibrahimovic to make it work. Martial and Mkhitaryan both are very fast, and the full-backs will provide additional power. Also those front three aren't exactly known for the defensive efforts, so I think you need a couple workhorses in midfield. Schneiderlin and Matuidi have played together for France before Kante emerged and it worked pretty well, so if they sign Matuidi, I'd be all for this pairing behind Rooney.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 04:38 PM   #83
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

sooooo it seems United's really going all in for Pogba.

Quote:
In the meantime, Manchester United's interest in him remains high. Manchester United are ready to make an important offer for Pogba: 120 million euros, which Raiola will present to Juventus at the end of the tournament.

Juventus consider Pogba very important, we now have to see how they will react to such an offer. Manchester United already have an agreement in principle with the player: 13 million euros per season net of taxes.
http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/m...r-the-figures/

absolutely crazy numbers. Di Marzio is reliable as it gets (I think of him as the Bob McKenzie of European football), so we'll see ... I'm sure Juventus won't want to sell unless the player kicks up a fuss, which is when Raiola comes into play. Still think it's extremely unlikely that this is going to happen, but with Raiola in the corner and Pogba apparently up for the move, who knows.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:57 PM   #84
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Wow, 120mm is an insane amount of money! So if that works then what have they spent during this window? Must be nearing 200?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:30 AM   #85
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ibra is in insane shape, don't think he's a statue at all in terms of fitness, his pace like you guys saying is lacking though

the pace of the PL is going to be a bit different from Ligue 1 so I don't think he starts every game, and depending on fixture congestion he probably doesn't play 90 minutes in a Europa league match until the KO rounds

But I can see him starting 30ish games in the league and another 10-15 combined in cups
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:22 AM   #86
nemanja2306
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
reports in France say that actually Blaise Matuidi is probably going to be the fourth one. Much more realistic target than Pogba, would be a good signing.

Now if we could shoot Fellaini into the sun, that'd be great.
Fellaini for Wideman?
nemanja2306 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nemanja2306 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2016, 04:47 AM   #87
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pogba's first choice is Real so if he goes to United just because they offer more, I'd be worried that's gonna be Di Maria all over again. Some Chinese team should offer him $2 million a week though just for fun.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:16 AM   #88
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

How can purchasing clubs agree to terms with players before selling clubs agree to a fee or give their consent? Consent may be given in certain cases but it seems like a good share of transfer rumours have the negotiations taking place backwards.
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Addick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:25 AM   #89
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
^ Wow, 120mm is an insane amount of money! So if that works then what have they spent during this window? Must be nearing 200?
around 185-190 I believe. Ibra was free, Mkhitaryan cost around €30-35m and Bailly €32m plus bonuses. But they'll surely sell a few players too and that should get the net sum down considerably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Pogba's first choice is Real so if he goes to United just because they offer more, I'd be worried that's gonna be Di Maria all over again.
my fear too. But if he stays for 2-3 years and then goes to Real for even more money, I think United still pull the trigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addick View Post
How can purchasing clubs agree to terms with players before selling clubs agree to a fee or give their consent? Consent may be given in certain cases but it seems like a good share of transfer rumours have the negotiations taking place backwards.
officially you agree a fee first, yes. But it makes no sense to negotiate a fee only to find out afterwards that the player doesn't even want the move. So realistically, you gauge the player's interest beforehand through the agents. So you agree rough numbers with the agent, let the clubs agree a fee and then hammer out the details with the player.
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2016, 08:45 AM   #90
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
around 185-190 I believe. Ibra was free, Mkhitaryan cost around €30-35m and Bailly €32m plus bonuses. But they'll surely sell a few players too and that should get the net sum down considerably.
Pfft...who do you have to sell thats worth anything? Fellaini??

In other news looks like Liverpool sold Ibe for £15M to Bournemouth which I'm not too happy about, I think he still has potential, and Skrtel looks to be on his way to Fener, no idea on numbers yet. Its time to move on from him if Sakho can get off the banned drugs.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:04 AM   #91
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

he comes with hair! And elbows! He's worth a lot!

No realistically, Mata will bring in the most cash. Blind too, if they really sell him.

by the way Locke, Crystal Palace have upped their Benteke offer to £27m plus £4m in bonuses. Told you so
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2016, 09:06 AM   #92
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
he comes with hair! And elbows! He's worth a lot!

No realistically, Mata will bring in the most cash. Blind too, if they really sell him.

by the way Locke, Crystal Palace have upped their Benteke offer to £27m plus £4m in bonuses. Told you so
Hair and elbows? Thats a deal so neat it cant be beat!

Mata is good, Herrera might net you some cash, I still think hes a good player and Blind could be on the block if United are actually scouring the earth for every CB in the land.

And yes...you did tell me so about Benteke, you were right on that one except I have no faith that hes going to hit any bonuses.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:07 AM   #93
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

ashley young worth anything?

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:09 AM   #94
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really hope they don't sell Herrera. Still think he's a really good player, just has to be used correctly ...

... same goes for Ashley Young. Was a beast under Ferguson in his first season. Still think he's a useful squad player.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:12 AM   #95
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
officially you agree a fee first, yes. But it makes no sense to negotiate a fee only to find out afterwards that the player doesn't even want the move. So realistically, you gauge the player's interest beforehand through the agents. So you agree rough numbers with the agent, let the clubs agree a fee and then hammer out the details with the player.
Although it makes sense for the purchasing club, it undermines contract law. Selling clubs are in a position where they have to 'deal with' this loophole but purchasing clubs are the ones that should have to 'deal with' the length of time it takes to do things according to the binding and agreed procedures. Also, #### agents.
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
The Following User Says Thank You to Addick For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2016, 09:17 AM   #96
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addick View Post
Although it makes sense for the purchasing club, it undermines contract law. Selling clubs are in a position where they have to 'deal with' this loophole but purchasing clubs are the ones that should have to 'deal with' the length of time it takes to do things according to the binding and agreed procedures. Also, #### agents.
100 per cent agree. I remember United filed a complaint with FIFA a few months before the Ronaldo transfer because Real Madrid simply wouldn't stop trying. Of course FIFA did nothing about it, so since then, I've resigned to the fact that everybody does it. It's ####ty and yes, #### agents, but the transfer market has been like that for a while.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:40 AM   #97
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Of course FIFA did nothing about it, so since then, I've resigned to the fact that everybody does it. It's ####ty and yes, #### agents, but the transfer market has been like that for a while.
Yup, I cringe every time I read an article about Arsenal possibly doing it.

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Old 07-07-2016, 01:01 PM   #98
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spurs have signed Vincent Janssen according to a number of reports. He should provide cover for Kane and should be a good addition. Not as sexy as some of the other names, but a good young striker who hopefully pans out.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:19 PM   #99
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Middlesbrough is going to be an interesting team. They signed Victor Valdes today, they are about to sign Neven Subotic from Dortmund and have already brought in two interesting players in Viktor Fischer and Marten de Roon. Now they apparently are in talks with Robin van Persie.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:29 PM   #100
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

The FIFA 17 cover choices are...uh...interesting. James, Hazard, Martial, and Reus. Martial and Reus I guess I can see, but Hazard and James?

https://www.easports.com/fifa/cover-...=1467933974253
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote