The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

When last i checked the price on Amazon:

$550 for the headset
$80 for the camera
$130 for the controllers
$50 for the game

So it'd be about $110 more than the bundle. Not make or break, but still significantly higher.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:54 PM   #22
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I bought the game 'Pinball FX2 VR' on a whim, as I still get hyped up about these new VR games. The fast-moving games make me a little sick, but I've quite enjoyed the stationary type experiences.

I'm not a huge pinball guy, and completely ignored pinball video games since Space Cadet Pinball on Windows 2000, but the appeal of having a pinball table rendered in 3D via the PSVR made it an interesting proposition, so I bought it.

The base game is $20 which comes with 3 tables: an awesome Mars/Space table, a pretty good underwater submarine themed table, and a not so great cartoony medieval knight table.

There is a season 1 expansion pack that adds 5 more tables for $33.50, as well as a standalone Walking Dead (based on the Telltale game) table for $7.99. The $20 base game was enough for me, but if I have a lot of fun, I might watch for a sale on the table pack.

So far I've really enjoyed the chill pinball action. If anyone with a PSVR has any interest in pinball, I say give it a shot.

Though videos don't really do VR justice, here is some Youtube guy showing what this game has:

gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:59 AM   #23
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

^^ I love the DevastationVR reviews... he's funny but not joke-a-minute-moron-goofball funny. I want this game pretty bad, but my backlog is getting silly.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:33 AM   #24
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm not allowed to get my set up going until Christmas unfortunately so keep the reviews, recommendations, and opinions coming! I need something to hold me over
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:10 AM   #25
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm not allowed to get my set up going until Christmas unfortunately so keep the reviews, recommendations, and opinions coming! I need something to hold me over
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:42 AM   #26
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

If anybody is curious and has Star Wars Battlefront, the VR X-Wing mission came out today (for free).
The Following User Says Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2016, 12:55 PM   #27
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
If anybody is curious and has Star Wars Battlefront, the VR X-Wing mission came out today (for free).
Nice!
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:14 AM   #28
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Headmaster is on sale for 25% off right now, and it might be a top 3 VR game for me.
Old 12-26-2016, 11:47 AM   #29
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Got this for Christmas and enjoying it so far. The games are almost the same price as regular games so that is a bit odd as they seem to be much less then a regular game.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 02:57 PM   #30
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

But a much lower install base as well, so they need to recoup development costs somehow. Part of the price of being an early adopter.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 03:26 PM   #31
Lanny's Moustache
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
When last i checked the price on Amazon:

$550 for the headset
$80 for the camera
$130 for the controllers
$50 for the game

So it'd be about $110 more than the bundle. Not make or break, but still significantly higher.
And people whined and cried about the cost of and then wearing lightweight 3D glasses for their TV's.

That looks real comfortable to wear for more than 10 minutes.

VR has some interesting abilities but it's never going to take off as a gaming platform. $810 just to play a 15 minute game. No thanks.
Lanny's Moustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 10:40 PM   #32
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

It is actually very comfortable. They made it so that the weight is distributed very well so it does not bother you.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:36 AM   #33
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny's Moustache View Post

VR has some interesting abilities but it's never going to take off as a gaming platform. $810 just to play a 15 minute game. No thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post
It is actually very comfortable. They made it so that the weight is distributed very well so it does not bother you.
Indeed. Of the 3 major releases, it is likely the most comfortable of all.

Is VR something that you have actually tried yet Lanny? It sounds like you're dismissing something without much actual experience.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:17 AM   #34
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post
Got this for Christmas and enjoying it so far. The games are almost the same price as regular games so that is a bit odd as they seem to be much less then a regular game.
There are only 3 games priced the same as new games (2 if you buy physical as Robinson is curiously priced on the PSN), 3 in the $50 range, and the rest are all below that. I've purchased wayyyy too many games for this thing, and my average price is about $30. In truth my favourite games have been the cheaper ones.

Quote:
And people whined and cried about the cost of and then wearing lightweight 3D glasses for their TV's.

That's because 3D movies weren't worth the hassle, whereas VR gaming absolutely is. I've played for hours on end during single sittings and it's totally fine.

It may never take off as a gaming console, but I'd be surprised if it didn't. These are the first days of VR gaming and the worst it'll ever be... if the games we have now are the first crack at it, in 5 years we'll have games that will be so good it'll be problematic.
The Following User Says Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2016, 10:01 AM   #35
SoulOfTheFlame
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I am a VR game developer. You couldn't be more wrong about comfort. I wear that hmd for hours every day. Very comfortable.

SoulOfTheFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:32 AM   #36
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post

It may never take off as a gaming console, but I'd be surprised if it didn't. These are the first days of VR gaming and the worst it'll ever be... if the games we have now are the first crack at it, in 5 years we'll have games that will be so good it'll be problematic.
I completely agree but it's just not worth the price for me at this point. I want to be able to game and watch movies in 1080p, so until VR is a capable of that I'm not willing to fork out the extra money. I designed the current PC I built with VR in mind for the future, but unless the price comes down on the Rift I won't be wading in on the current generation of VR.

That said, history tells us that the next generation will undoubtedly be better and cheaper so I'm really looking forward to what the future holds in store.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:38 PM   #37
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

As soon as they finish designing haptic gloves, its gonna be awesome!
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:10 AM   #38
Lanny's Moustache
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulOfTheFlame View Post
I am a VR game developer. You couldn't be more wrong about comfort. I wear that hmd for hours every day. Very comfortable.
Can't wait for the morons who walk down the street with their faces buried in their phones now taking a stroll in these things.

Yes, I have tried VR. And I stated it has some amazing potential. But for twice the price of buying a console? With little content? Sorry but consumer adaption will be niche at best.
Lanny's Moustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:55 AM   #39
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Can't wait for the morons who walk down the street with their faces buried in their phones now taking a stroll in these things.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2016, 04:46 PM   #40
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny's Moustache
Stop liking things I hate!
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote