Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2024, 10:58 PM   #21
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

I want that 8th selection back. Will also take 1st OA.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 11:02 PM   #22
Rhett44
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep223 View Post
Losing Hanifin and Tanev means Andersson faces the opposition’s best players, every single night, all night.
Yes, I see Weegar as our only top pairing dman. Andersson is a good #3, but doesn't match up well against the best players.
Rhett44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 11:09 PM   #23
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been trying to not post on losing days... But judging by the game tonight, this roster really sucks ass and will continue to suck ass for quite a while. Yes, a few extra picks upcoming... But no core. No succession. No generational talent... Pretty bleak future for being a Flames' fan...
Old 04-16-2024, 11:16 PM   #24
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm settling on the Flames picking 9th or 1st or 2nd.

Should get a good player either way.
Old 04-16-2024, 11:17 PM   #25
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good thing tickets cost me 600 bucks, made sure I was in the Canucks end for 2 periods for that stinker. Least it wasn't a shut out on my Birthday.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 11:19 PM   #26
All In Good Time
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
Good thing tickets cost me 600 bucks, made sure I was in the Canucks end for 2 periods for that stinker. Least it wasn't a shut out on my Birthday.
The serious consideration is, how many will pay that, to watch that over the next 7 to 10 years?
All In Good Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 11:23 PM   #27
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by All In Good Time View Post
The serious consideration is, how many will pay that, to watch that over the next 7 to 10 years?
I’m as big a fan as anyone, but I gave up tix for next year. It’s a lot of money to watch that live.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2024, 11:31 PM   #28
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I wouldn't. The last game I saw was 2014 in March Flames vs La . They won 3-2.

As bad as they looked on TV it looked worst in person. When you watch a game on TV and they cough it via a bad pass or trying to dance through the defence you assume the angle dosen't show it well. Tonight was rough sitting row 5 in section 101. Not smart offensive plays at all.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 11:35 PM   #29
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bah. Ah, well
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 11:42 PM   #30
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I’m as big a fan as anyone, but I gave up tix for next year. It’s a lot of money to watch that live.
"wHy wOn't tHey reBuIld"

I think we are gonna to find out why the owners don't like rebuilds, not directed at you just the current state of professional sports. Being terrible is way too highly rewarded IMO
Old 04-16-2024, 11:43 PM   #31
All In Good Time
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
I wouldn't. The last game I saw was 2014 in March Flames vs La . They won 3-2.

As bad as they looked on TV it looked worst in person. When you watch a game on TV and they cough it via a bad pass or trying to dance through the defence you assume the angle dosen't show it well. Tonight was rough sitting row 5 in section 101. Not smart offensive plays at all.
Here’s to hoping that there are at least 14 or 15 thousand in this town that will pay that to watch that for that long
Old 04-16-2024, 11:51 PM   #32
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Time to stop the rebuild and get a team that competes for trying to compete for the playoffs.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aarongavey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2024, 11:52 PM   #33
All In Good Time
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarongavey View Post
Time to stop the rebuild and get a team that competes for trying to compete for the playoffs.
If that’s you’re answer to my question then many here won’t like it
Old 04-16-2024, 11:54 PM   #34
evman150
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

My only live game of the year. Really wish it had mattered. And it ended up being a pretty big dud of a game. Fun atmosphere though.

The highlight might have been seeing a dude in a vintage Steve Kariya jersey. Love the commitment.
"For thousands of years humans were oppressed - as some of us still are - by the notion that the universe is a marionette whose strings are pulled by a god or gods, unseen and inscrutable." - Carl Sagan
Freedom consonant with responsibility.

evman150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 11:55 PM   #35
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If that’s you’re answer to my question then many here won’t like it
Let’s think about the bottom line. I think you and I agree on that. Get some players that make us competitive to at least allow us to fill the seats and maybe draft top 14.
Old 04-16-2024, 11:59 PM   #36
The Reverend
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I received free tickets to tonight's game after doing my best to ignore this season as best I could so thought I would attend and make the best of it. I will say that while still insufferable, 'Nuck fans are markedly more sportsmanlike than iterations of the past. That's probably not saying much.
The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 12:05 AM   #37
All In Good Time
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Let’s think about the bottom line. I think you and I agree on that. Get some players that make us competitive to at least allow us to fill the seats and maybe draft top 14.
Isn’t that what we are in the process of tearing down basically? I agree, we needed to change what we had. In my opinion we needed more of a win at all cost attitude. There are others that had different ideas of what needed to change. And all the opinions are good
The fact is, we’ve kind of embarked on a real tear down and I don’t think this phase is over yet. That being said, are there 14 or 15k that will pay to watch over the better part of the next 7 to 10 years
I hope so
Old 04-17-2024, 12:12 AM   #38
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Isn’t that what we are in the process of tearing down basically? I agree, we needed to change what we had. In my opinion we needed more of a win at all cost attitude. There are others that had different ideas of what needed to change. And all the opinions are good
The fact is, we’ve kind of embarked on a real tear down and I don’t think this phase is over yet. That being said, are there 14 or 15k that will pay to watch over the better part of the next 7 to 10 years
I hope so
Why would it take 10 years? That is multiple years of abject failure by the scouting staff. Do you think that will happen? It is not like they have chased it for multiple years. They tried last year and then this year went to full rebuild mode. Why would one think it would take 10 years?
Old 04-17-2024, 12:25 AM   #39
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Why would one think it would take 10 years?
Because then it would give a certain kind of fans a lifetime of things to complain about?

Just think of it. For 10 years they can complain because the team sucks (or because it doesn't suck enough, or both), and for 10 years after that they can complain that the team is never going to win anything because it didn't do what they told it to do back when it sucked. And then they can hang themselves, because the human frame is not built to take that kind of abuse for longer than 20 years.
Old 04-17-2024, 12:41 AM   #40
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep223 View Post
Losing Hanifin and Tanev means Andersson faces the opposition’s best players, every single night, all night.
When those 2 left the wheels fell off.

I think we actually upgraded in the Toffoli and Lindholm trades. Big Z was also replaceable.

Hanifin and Tanev not so much.

Still think if we trade Markstrom and Mangiapane and we can sign Kuzmenko as well as a decent center and dman the Flames should be pretty competitive next season. As well as restocking the shelves.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goriders For This Useful Post: