Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #101
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

nm
Old 02-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #102
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
What I want to know FG is if you have season tickets?? After reading this entire thread, I will for sure be looking out for you on the main concourse level. I would hate to walk up to the wrong guy in a wheelchair though and ask him if he is the Flames Gimp...
yes...

I've been waiting for years for someone to ask if I'm the gimp just so I can say "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST CALL ME?? lol
Old 02-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #103
Chad_Flames
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames_Gimp View Post
one was a dirty ginger and the other a mayonnaise sandwich eatin, white trash honky.

Heh. I actually already knew they were white because you didn't mention their race. I just wanted to raise that point.

I know a lot people will have a problem with me mentioning this but I feel like it's necessary to counteract all the subtle racist crap we experience on a day to day level. People often attach the race of a perpetrator to a crime when they are relaying back a story but skip the mention of race when the perpetrator is white. It might not seem like a big deal but it leads to some really messy things. Ex: Where people think that certain races are more likely to act in a some manner when there is no proof for that.

More specifically, the stereotype of bad East Asian drivers. Whenever you see a bad East Asian driver, you chalk it up to their race and it just compounds on the stereotype that you have built in your head. A nice little experiment is to account for race in every single bad driving experience that you have for the next 30 days. I guarantee you will be surprised by the results.

Anyways, sorry for the derail!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #104
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_Flames View Post
Heh. I actually already knew they were white because you didn't mention their race. I just wanted to raise that point.

I know a lot people will have a problem with me mentioning this but I feel like it's necessary to counteract all the subtle racist crap we experience on a day to day level. People often attach the race of a perpetrator to a crime when they are relaying back a story but skip the mention of race when the perpetrator is white. It might not seem like a big deal but it leads to some really messy things. Ex: Where people think that certain races are more likely to act in a some manner when there is no proof for that.

More specifically, the stereotype of bad East Asian drivers. Whenever you see a bad East Asian driver, you chalk it up to their race and it just compounds on the stereotype that you have built in your head. A nice little experiment is to account for race in every single bad driving experience that you have for the next 30 days. I guarantee you will be surprised by the results.

Bad drivers are from BC, of all races.
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #105
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
Bad drivers are from BC, of all races.
That's cause we are used to hills and corners. Most Albertans that come to BC freak out cause of these things called hills and corners. We see a straight stretch, which is pretty much all you've got out there, and we instantly think 'drive fast'
Old 02-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #106
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Dome is a disgraceful hive of scum and villainy.

May have seen OP on concourse and it was a brutal crowd. That stadium is a joke and I hate having to navigate it just to see my team play. Calgary deserves way better.
Badgers Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Badgers Nose For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #107
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does it seem like it's even more crowded this season than last, or am I just on crack?
Old 02-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #108
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_Flames View Post

ya i was just joking around anyways, not even sure if one was a red head, just white guys.

If they were a different race I would have used racial slurs - you F with me because I'm disabled I'm going to hit you back with something just as demeaning.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:17 AM   #109
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
That's cause we are used to hills and corners. Most Albertans that come to BC freak out cause of these things called hills and corners. We see a straight stretch, which is pretty much all you've got out there, and we instantly think 'drive fast'
No, no. Just bad drivers. Prime example: I drive good all my life, move to BC...bam...back into a power pole. Now suddenly I've got hc plates on and I'm a ####ty driver
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2013, 01:50 AM   #110
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames_Gimp View Post
Does it seem like it's even more crowded this season than last, or am I just on crack?
It does seem like there are more people there. Perhaps the fans are just getting fatter.
Caged Great is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:06 AM   #111
SkunkyJosh
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Do you have a blog, twitter or livejournal to make you feel better?
SkunkyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #112
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkyJosh View Post
Do you have a blog, twitter or livejournal to make you feel better?
not sure if this a shot at me or a serious question, if it's the latter then no I don't, I usually get treated to a taste of discrimination at this level only about once a year, so an ongoing blog is pointless.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #113
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

This stuff never happens when I go to a game with you. (cough... Blues on the 15th... cough)

But seriously, I think I would have broken my foot off in their collective ass.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #114
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #115
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Old 02-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #116
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

How does that relate at all? Edit: I know that Flames_Gimp and the guy in the video are both in wheelchairs... but that is where the similarities stop between the two stories.

Last edited by Mean Mr. Mustard; 02-04-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #117
Bertuzzied
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
This stuff never happens when I go to a game with you. (cough... Blues on the 15th... cough)

But seriously, I think I would have broken my foot off in their collective ass.
Did Gimp break out the "you gotta wipe my ass" routine on you?
Bertuzzied is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bertuzzied For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #118
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why didn't someone step in to help you, FG? I'm not a big guy and may have had my ass kicked, but that would not have stopped me. I'd have stepped in to help, and have on occasion. I'm shocked bystanders let those tools do that crap.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #119
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Why didn't someone step in to help you, FG? I'm not a big guy and may have had my ass kicked, but that would not have stopped me. I'd have stepped in to help, and have on occasion. I'm shocked bystanders let those tools do that crap.
well it happened so fast and was in the most crowded spot - near the NE entrance where they open the big overhead door (if every one would just go out that way it would be a lot easier) and to get from the WC section to that exit is a PITA. I feel like a spawning salmon ffs
Old 02-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #120
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertuzzied View Post
Did Gimp break out the "you gotta wipe my ass" routine on you?
If I'm treating him to a game it's the least he can do!

one of the biggest perks of being in a wheelchair is getting away with pooping your pants, it would be a shame not to take full advantage of all the perks.