Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Buy And Sell > The CP Power Ring
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #181
The Goon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Hey I just did a search for furnace on CP and found this thread. Keith, would you be a first point of contact if I'm hearing a weird noise in the furnace (something clicking/loose)?

Had the ducts cleaned in 2011 but this is the first time I've encountered something wrong.
We may curse our bad luck that it's sounds like its; who's sounds like whose; they're sounds like their (and there); and you're sounds like your. But if we are grown-ups who have been through full-time education, we have no excuse for muddling them up.
The Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #182
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

how old is the furnace?

IS it belt drive or direct drive??
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #183
The Goon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

How old - my guess is it's from 2001 when the house was built.

Belt drive or direct drive - no idea.
We may curse our bad luck that it's sounds like its; who's sounds like whose; they're sounds like their (and there); and you're sounds like your. But if we are grown-ups who have been through full-time education, we have no excuse for muddling them up.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #184
The Goon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I want to echo the positive experiences everyone's had with Keith (EVERLAST) here. He came by for an inspection last week and knew my problem right away. Keith also gave some good advice regarding my furnace filter and some helpful tips I didn't know.

If you have any furnace issues or need some assistance, Keith should be your first point of contact.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Goon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #185
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

bumped ...please see post#1
Old 01-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #186
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Question, probably a dumb one.

Furnaces cleaned very recently and the house has a burning dusty smell. There is also sort of an oily smell to it as well, albeit very, very faint.

Any thoughts on what it might be?

Weve had the chimneys examined, gas company in, furnaces cleaned, electricians, , old fridge removed from the house, attic examined but cant source the oily, chemical smell. Best we can tell s it eminates from the furnaces.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #187
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

90% or more of furnace and duct cleaning companies do not do any of the following

1/ Cover heat exchangers with material protecting the furnaces and separating the furnace from the ductwork. This step is ignored so often because the technicians are trying to save 2 minutes.

Debris from the ducts will now be stuck in/on the heat exchanger, air conditioning coil if equipped, reheat coil if high efficient.
75% of the time something that can be melted or burn is left unchecked in one of the above as a result of this and the fact no lights were used to ensure proper and complete cleaning/inspection of the furnace all together.

Name the company and I will tell you with 100% accuracy if the company you used has qualified technicians. This is based on my knowledge of who is in the industry since 1986 when i started out looking at whose left.

You most definitely have left over smoldering debris left behind from their carelessness,,,I guarantee it

After following abysmal work for 24 years I know what all companies in town and surrounding area are capable of. I wont hesitate to throw anybody under the bus because if they havent learned by now they deserve it.

The BBB needs to more closely examine the accreditation with quality control as poor quality work is on an enormous upswing in the industry. Everybody wants good work done in the shortest amount of time and it doesnt work that way.

95% of companies are happy to comply by rushing in and out of your house because they don't care..95% of the-technician pay is commission...if you wont buy upsold products they will rush as fast as possible out of your house with your money.

Sorry for the long winded response ....I care a great deal about what I do for my customers and am very good at what I do.
I love my job as well and cannot imagine doing anything else.

Keith

Last edited by EVERLAST; 01-24-2013 at 12:06 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EVERLAST For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #188
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

nm
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #189
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pm'd
Old 02-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #190
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

bumped with low low pricing for CalgaryPuck
Old 02-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #191
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks again Keith, we really appreciate your friendliness and excellent work.Quote:
Originally Posted by Jero Miginla View Post

Just had Keith come and check out my furnace. Honest, good and a damn nice guy. Spread the word!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronck View Post
Had Keith by last week for a furnace check up and cleaning-did a great job and scraped off the crap the last guys left behind!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAMPEDRED View Post
Keith came by today and wow are we ever impressed!

So much more than just getting your ducts cleaned. We are very thankful for how he goes over information that is good to know about your furnace, taking the time to show what he means so that we fully understand it and also doing a great job of cleaning the ducts and the furnace itself. Even taking the time to inform you if you should get any work done on your furnace if required before the warranty is up. Good to know! Dude knows his furnaces!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah123 View Post
Passed on your name/phone number to my parents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
Hey Keith,

Thanks for stopping in at my buddies place last week. I talked with him over the weekend and he was quite happy with the clean out you did! He wanted me to pass that along.

All the best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobby View Post
Awesome work Keith!

Came right on time. Took the time to explain things, really happy with the service.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
Add me to the long list of Keith's satisfied customers.

Truly wish all service guys are like him. He is a good dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeman View Post
Going to need another tuneup and cleaning soon. Will be calling Keith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toonmaster View Post
Had Keith in today and he did an excellent job. You won't find a more knowledgeable guy. Would recommend him without hesitation. Thanks Keith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKPThunder View Post
Thanks for the great job in cleaning our furnace and ducts Keith! Thanks for pointing out some serious problems with our furnace which allowed us to get them fixed. It's nice having a warm house and a quiet furnace.

See you again at our next scheduled cleaning.
Quote:
Thanks for sorting out the mess that was the furnace at my new place Will contact you soon to get that ignition piece replaced!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenspiel View Post
Thanks for the great job in cleaning my furnace and ducts Keith! The wife was very happy and I will be calling you in for next year's cleaning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draug View Post
I just had Keith out for the second time in a few years. You know you get quality work and good advice when dealing with Keith!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesflames444 View Post
I just wanted to give a quick shout out to Keith. I just had him by my place to have a look at my furnace as it was a little loud and lucky for me it was only minor. Super nice guy... I would recommend him to anyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Mile-DJ View Post
Keith came to my home today to do his work. I wasn't present during the maintenance, but my wife was. She has had nothing but positive comments, so here are a few:

- He's a really nice guy.
- He explained what he was going to do before he started.
- He worked efficiently.
- If it wasn't for the noise of the machinery, you would never know he was here.
- Gave us some pointers for on-going maintenance. Ie: humidifier, furnace filters.
- He did our furnace and all of our ducts in approximately an hour and a half. We live in a 2 storey home, that is about 1100 square feet.

My wife and I would would HIGHLY recommend you get Keith to clean your furnace and ducts. Being that this is the first time that we've had this done, and the house is over 10 years old, we are very impressed and happy with the quality of the work.

Thanks again, Keith!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgers Nose View Post
Keith is every bit as good as his rep here suggests. We won't use anyone else anymore, and I'll get my family and friends using his services.

The air in my house is better now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post
I just had Keith out today for a clean before my central AC gets installed. Great guy who was knowledgeable and personable. Not many more good things I can say about him that haven't already been mentioned in this thread many times. Great work by a great guy.

Keith gave lots of tips and tricks I really don't think the other guys from other companies would give. Really showed he cared about his work. Even pointed out that my seemingly clean furnace, had tons of construction junk in there from my 2008 home renos. My family has been breathing that junk for years, and I couldn't figure out why my vacuum was picking up so much dust week after week. Thanks Keith!

So count me in the 100% satisfied category. I would suggest that Keith and only Keith be your call if you need your furnace cleaned.

Even if you think your furnace is clean, as I thought, it probably isn't. Get him out there, and get that junk out of your home air!

[/B]
Other services we provide

New Furnace Installation ...residential (House) and Garage (overhead) furnaces
Hot water Tanks
Tankless on demand water heaters
Sheet Metal
Softwater systems
Humidifier installation
[/QUOTE]

Bumped....work is really really slow

Last edited by EVERLAST; 04-07-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #192
AMG_G
Scoring Winger

Exp:

pm'd
AMG_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #193
AMG_G
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Sorry Keith I would've used you but I did not find your number or company name on the above or first post. (Found it just now but it was on page 5).

So just to know for future reference. What is the ballpark figure for a 40 gallon hot water tank replacement?
AMG_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #194
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

pmd
Old 02-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #195
Discoste
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Based on your experence, how is the quality of the duct cleaning service for new home builds before possession?

feel free to PM me for more details.
Discoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #196
ah123
First Line Centre

Exp:

Keith - do you deal with humidifiers? I am starting to wonder if our humidifier is working at all.
ah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #197
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoste View Post
Based on your experence, how is the quality of the duct cleaning service for new home builds before possession?

feel free to PM me for more details.
Based on what I have seen in Calgary in the close TO 30 years Ive been doing this ABYSMAL is how I would describe the QUALITY!! Based on what you are about to read consider it FACT....I KNOW ....i have been around the industry following EVERYONES CRAPPY WORK!!!

Let me explain .....there are your builders like Cardel, Jay man , Albi, AVI , Morrison, Shane, Sterling and the list goes on and on.

PRE Occupancy cleanings are done through most of the above BUILDERS but are done by companies cutting an enormous discount TO the builders because of volume of work they will receive.

The owners of these duct cleaning companies only take this work to keep their guys busy when its slow and MAN IS IT SLOW RIGHT NOW....thats another story.

These companies are taking 45 minutes to do a 1.5 to 2 hour job .....and they aren't even pulling the furnaces apart.....know why???

1) DONT KNOW how...NOT Qualified >>most don't care

2) Too Lazy...in my experience it takes 5 more minutes to prep a job properly including pulling the entire furnace apart for cleaning/inspection and rewarranty purposes.

3) 90% of the industry is paid on commission so a job paid at 50-75% less of regular residential prices is a pay-cut THAT MOST YOUNG PEOPLE don't realize is still work and income and a future customer in 2 years ...but hey ....lets screw over the customer (Builder) and the future homeowner (repeat customer for the next 20+ years) if you just took the time to do the job RIGHT.

4)Misrepresentation The builder is blindly allowing someone who never even installed the furnace to clean the furnace and vents and ducts. ***FACT**** IN ALBERTA we are the only province to allow the use of the furnace for heating purposes during construction...other provinces use construction furnaces and then tear out the construction furnace and install your brand new furnace that hasnt been exposed to drywall dust, building material swept down the vents. painters and drywallers that crank THE THERMOSTAT TO DRY THE PAINT faster abusing the furnace.
You have now taken off no less than 30% OFF the life of the furnace and now the builder is hiring people that dont care to come in and make it look clean ......ITS NOT!!!

I could go on and on but wont......If you have built a house go ahead and let them clean it. If you want to know what i think just let me know the name of the company and I will give you my honest opinion ......

Keith

Last edited by EVERLAST; 05-29-2013 at 06:49 AM. Reason: done
Old 02-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #198
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Keith - do you deal with humidifiers? I am starting to wonder if our humidifier is working at all.

is your humidifier a general air 1042 or a honeywell???
Old 02-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #199
ah123
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
is your humidifier a general air 1042 or a honeywell???
It is a general air, not sure of the model number.
ah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #200
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

this guy???