Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
beermoney
Draft Pick

Default Tim Taylor Resigns as Team President of the Flames (QC PR) 5/12

TIM TAYLOR RESIGNS POSITION WITH FLAMES TO PURSUE ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY IN THE HOCKEY INDUSTRY
Date: 05/12/08

The Quad City Flames announced today that Tim Taylor has resigned his position as Team President to pursue another opportunity in the hockey industry. Taylor leaves the team after three seasons in the Quad Cities.

Taylor was responsible for organizing the purchase of the Quad City hockey franchise by QC Sports Ventures and for bringing the American Hockey League to the i wireless Center. Taylor came to the Quad Cities during the summer of 2005 as the Vice President of the United Hockey League’s Quad City Mallards. After serving one year in that capacity, Taylor was named Team President during the spring of 2006 following QC Sports Ventures’ purchase of the franchise. Last summer, Taylor organized the acquisition of an American Hockey League team by QC Sports Ventures. In addition to overseeing the organization’s operations, Taylor also played a role in building and maintaining relationships with area businesses and fans.

“This was a very difficult decision for me and my family, but ultimately this was an opportunity we couldn’t resist,” said Taylor. “I have sincerely enjoyed my time in the Quad Cities and will be forever thankful to Dennis Voss (QC Sports Ventures), the Calgary Flames and my fellow co-workers for the opportunity to grow professionally and personally. I would also like to thank all of the corporate partners, season ticket holders, media outlets and the entire QCA community for their support during my three years in the Quad Cities. We will take countless memories and friendships with us for the next chapter in our lives.”

“We thank Tim and wish him and his family all the best with the new opportunity,” said Flames C.E.O. Neil Bossola. “He was a valuable part of our organization over the last three years, and will be missed.”

http://www.qcflames.com/news/fullstory.php?id=248
beermoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:37 AM   #2
Hoody
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Flames lose Taylor (QC Online)

http://www.qconline.com/archives/qco....php?id=386438

Hoody

-Ben Stein
Hoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:03 PM   #3
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

So... what are the implications of this for the big and little Flames?
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

They brought in Neil Bosola, a guy with actual AHL experience, to run the business side before the end of the season. He and Tim were working together, but it's obvious that Neil knows what he's doing. So, business-wise, I think things will be fine.

But Timmy's a great guy and he definitely will be missed. He was part of the personality of the Flames that made the team great.

Hope going to Muskegon won't turn out to be a mistake but, if it is, hope he comes back!!!
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote