Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2008, 01:57 PM   #1
beermoney
Draft Pick

Default Flames Trade Tim Ramholt for Kyle Greentree (QC PR 6/30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCFlames.com 6/30
FLAMES ACQUIRE FORWARD KYLE GREENTREE FROM PHILADELPHIA IN EXCHANGE FOR TIM RAMHOLT
Date: 06/30/08

Calgary, AB - Calgary Flames General Manager Darryl Sutter announced today the acquisition of left wing Kyle Greentree form the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for defenseman Tim Ramholt.

“Kyle has a legitimate opportunity of playing on our team this season and hopefully Tim has a shot with Philadelphia,” said Sutter. “This move is a continuation of our work to upgrade up front. On our depth chart, we believe a couple of our young defensemen in the AHL and a couple of our juniors had moved passed Ramholt.”

Greentree, a native of Victoria, BC, saw his first NHL action this past season, appearing in two games with the Flyers. In 72 games with the Philadelphia Phantoms of the AHL, the 6’3”, 212lb winger recorded 48 points, finishing 3rd in team scoring and 9th among League rookies. His 24 goals were a team high and positioned him 4th amongst AHL freshmen.

Prior to signing as a free agent with Philadelphia on March 15, 2007, Greentree played three seasons with the University of Alaska-Fairbanks. He led the Nanooks in scoring each season and was named team MVP for both the 05-06 and 06-07 campaigns. Greentree’s junior career was also decorated with accolades as he finished his fourth and final season with the Victoria Salsa (BCHL) as the team’s all-time leading scorer. He concluded the 03-04 season as the recipient of the Brett Hull Trophy as the BCHL scoring champion, recording 62 goals and 53 assists for 115 points.

The Quad City Flames staff and mascot are available for appearances and speaking engagements throughout the summer of 2008. Players will be available for appearances upon their return to the Quad Cities in mid-September. Community leaders that would like to schedule an appearance at their event, can contact Michael Peterson at mpeterson@qcflames.com or via phone at (309) 764- 7825.

Quad City Flames season tickets are available now. Visit qcflames.com for information on full season tickets and mini-plans. Call the Flames Ticket Office at (309) 764-7825 to purchase season tickets.
Link to Article - http://www.qcflames.com/news/fullstory.php?id=270
beermoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:46 AM   #2
Hoody
Scoring Winger

Exp:

http://www.qconline.com/archives/qco....php?id=393577

Says pretty much the same thing.

Hoody

-Ben Stein
Hoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:47 PM   #3
b-e-n
Lifetime Suspension

sweet, didnt like timmy
b-e-n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:35 AM   #4
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-e-n View Post
sweet, didnt like timmy

First we trade a former Screaming Eagle, then we sign Bertuzzi . . . this is shaping up to be a bad off season for me. If we get rid of Pardy, I don't know what I'll do, haha.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
c.t.ner
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was big on Ramholt until that disastrous Call up from QC. That absolutetly destroyed any future with the club and I really hope he rebounds in the Philly system.

Best of Luck Tim.
c.t.ner is offline   Reply With Quote