Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2013, 01:07 AM   #141
GettinIggyWithIt
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
C obvious, people have different opinions. It's allowed. You've shared your views, no point repeating and repeating. You're not going to convince them like they're not going to convince you otherwise.
I get what you're saying and I am not disagreeing with you. But it seems odd to point this out in this specific situation only and for one poster. I mean I can think of a hundred instances on this board where individuals repeatedly share their views and have a back and forth debate/discussion.
GettinIggyWithIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:10 AM   #142
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinIggyWithIt View Post
I get what you're saying and I am not disagreeing with you. But it seems odd to point this out in this specific situation only and for one poster. I mean I can think of a hundred instances on this board where individuals repeatedly share their views and have a back and forth debate/discussion.
You'd think that... but he does this to me every now and then. It's the residual effect of having called him out on things in the past and he's got it in for me now. Although he'll deny it, that's where it stems from.
Captain_Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:21 AM   #143
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momentum View Post
I think we have found out why VANFLAMESFAN is stuck behind the radio , instead of giving his opinion live on air.

His opinion is garbage.

/cheque please
Stuck behind the radio. I like that one.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:27 AM   #144
Jets4Life
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

IMHO, Calgary is a better city than Edmonton, but I think for the first time in recent memory, the Oilers will eclipse the Flames this year in the standings.
Jets4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:28 AM   #145
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Obvious View Post
You'd think that... but he does this to me every now and then. It's the residual effect of having called him out on things in the past and he's got it in for me now. Although he'll deny it, that's where it stems from.
I thought when we say "take care man", that's the end of it for now.

No?
Old 01-25-2013, 01:30 AM   #146
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
IMHO, Calgary is a better city than Edmonton, but I think for the first time in recent memory, the Oilers will eclipse the Flames this year in the standings.
I think Saturday will be really telling in this regard.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:33 AM   #147
renny
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

who cares... it was a celebration... what i found more disgusting was the classless display by the fans, throwing their garbage on the ice... but i'm not surprised, it is edmonton afterall

renny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:36 AM   #148
CGY12
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Agreed, thought it was stupid as well, he'll learn. Oiler fans still rag on Fluery for what he did and that was in game 6 in the stanley cup playoffs, now all of a sudden its ok in game 3 of the regular season.

Other then that great resiliency by the dbags up north.
CGY12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:37 AM   #149
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by renny View Post
who cares... it was a celebration... what i found more disgusting was the classless display by the fans, throwing their garbage on the ice... but i'm not surprised, it is edmonton afterall
There's also an element that if this continues and it's accepted, then what's next? What's the next over the top celebration to hit hockey?
Old 01-25-2013, 01:38 AM   #150
Francis's Hairpiece
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
There's also an element that if this continues and it's accepted, then what's next? What's the next over the top celebration to hit hockey?
Open mouth kissing between sedins?
Francis's Hairpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Francis's Hairpiece For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 01:47 AM   #151
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I thought when we say "take care man", that's the end of it for now.

No?
No, when you say it, I find it funny and was mocking you by repeating it.

I was debating someone about the missed call and you did a drive by rooted in your spite towards me.

I was finished with you, and was talking to GettinIggyWithIt above. You still have an issue with me debating the call from the game tonight?
Captain_Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:53 AM   #152
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Shouldnt you be sucking Jim Hughson off or something?
Awwwwww, aren't you the cutest little honeybunch, sugarplum, pumpy-umpy-umpkin, sweetie pie, cuppycake, gumdrop, snoogums-boogums ray of sunshine.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:15 AM   #153
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think we have found out why VANFLAMESFAN is stuck behind the radio , instead of giving his opinion live on air.

His opinion is garbage.

/cheque please
Quote:
Shouldnt you be sucking Jim Hughson off or something?
Just quoting for posterity, since Momentum can't stand behind his remarks and edits them so he doesn't get banned for calling Photon a loser in another thread, amongst other things.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:19 AM   #154
Flamenfame
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I joined cp to get my flames information , and find out whats going on with the team, and honestly I see way to much childish mocking of the Oilers and Canucks . Get back to being classy CP many eyes out of our fan base lurk here.
Flamenfame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:24 AM   #155
Brannigans Law
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenfame View Post
I joined cp to get my flames information , and find out whats going on with the team, and honestly I see way to much childish mocking of the Oilers and Canucks . Get back to being classy CP many eyes out of our fan base lurk here.
I saw this coming a mile away with the Oilers this season. It was obvious alone with the goals for/against stat improving drastically and with a healthy line up and the additions of Schultz and Yakipov and another year of Dubynk getting better as a #1 starter that the Oilers were going to finally be better than us. I don't begrudge the Oilers or their fans. Especially their fans... they've sold out that crappy arena for years with the worst team in history crapping the ice on a nightly basis. They've earned a run of better hockey. Let them all enjoy it.
Brannigans Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:37 AM   #156
Flamenfame
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brannigans Law View Post
I saw this coming a mile away with the Oilers this season. It was obvious alone with the goals for/against stat improving drastically and with a healthy line up and the additions of Schultz and Yakipov and another year of Dubynk getting better as a #1 starter that the Oilers were going to finally be better than us. I don't begrudge the Oilers or their fans. Especially their fans... they've sold out that crappy arena for years with the worst team in history crapping the ice on a nightly basis. They've earned a run of better hockey. Let them all enjoy it.
I don't mind the Oilers im from Red Deer but Flames are my first love for a team , and I just think we as a fan base should be a little more classy, like the guy in my avatar probably the classiest player ever to lace them up. Don't get me wrong There are A lot of great knowledgable posters in here , but there are a few in here that come off immature and butthurt and it gets tiresome at times and makes us as a fan base look petty imo sorry rant over.
Flamenfame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:28 AM   #157
Gary83
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
Yeah no. The game is in Edmonton and he tied the game up with 4.7 seconds left. It was a huge goal and the fans were pumped especially after that BS no goal call. Love it!
BS no goal call? Are all Edmonton fans this stupid?
Old 01-25-2013, 06:04 AM   #158
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meh, I thought it was dumb last night, celebrating as though it was game 7 in the finals or something.

Now, who cares, it was over the top yes, but the oilers finally had something to cheer about.

We are going to be pretty sour this season based on which direction the flames are trending, and how it differs from just about every other team in the country.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:31 AM   #159
PegCityFlamesFan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Russia player shows no emotion and that means he doesn't care. Russian player shows emotion and he's a hotdog.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #160
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

I hope Smyth and Horcoff had a few words for him afterwards. Wayyyyy over the top, even for a soccer loving European. We've seen it on the pitch time and again. I imagine he is going to employ the soccer diving tactics soon enough. Shortly thereafter the trade to Vancouver will need to take place.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote