Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-05-2014, 08:28 PM   #5581
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasbound View Post
Re-injuring my knee. I already had 3 surgeries in 10 months, I don't need this! Adding to my already sh*t-tastic week.

####ty
Old 08-05-2014, 09:24 PM   #5582
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesla View Post
Turned 33 yesterday. Threw out back today. C'mon. Really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
Wait till you turn 40, it's worse.
LOL, I reached for a pen that fell on the floor a few weeks back and heard and felt that dull clicky thud in the lumbar region. I was ok for about an hour, then by the end of the day, I was so crooked I was 'S' shaped from a head on view. My entire right side of my back went into a full spasm and it was as hard as a rock. I couldn't walk upright for a frikkin week. Nothing I took would relax the muscles.

My solution, I got so pissed off it wasn't getting better, I crushed a 26 of Crown Royal, in a couple hours, and got blistering drunk and passed out. I was perfect the next day. I am sure there are better ways to relax, but I was desperate, and it worked.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2014, 02:53 AM   #5583
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
You know that you can have an adult conversation with her about your beliefs vs her beliefs.
I did. But she thinks she can turn me into a believer when truthfully i don't know what to believe in.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #5584
rotten42
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
LOL, I reached for a pen that fell on the floor a few weeks back and heard and felt that dull clicky thud in the lumbar region. I was ok for about an hour, then by the end of the day, I was so crooked I was 'S' shaped from a head on view. My entire right side of my back went into a full spasm and it was as hard as a rock. I couldn't walk upright for a frikkin week. Nothing I took would relax the muscles.

My solution, I got so pissed off it wasn't getting better, I crushed a 26 of Crown Royal, in a couple hours, and got blistering drunk and passed out. I was perfect the next day. I am sure there are better ways to relax, but I was desperate, and it worked.
A year ago (49) I went to get out of bed and heard a pop. I blew a bursa sack in my knee! I still told people I did it training for MMA.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:15 AM   #5585
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
Restaurants that don't take dinner reservations on the weekends.
I'll gladly take my friends and family to another establishment.

Perhaps someone who is in the "biz" can explain this to me, as I don't get it.
I know this is a few pages back, but the main reason a lot of places don't take reservations is due to the amount of time a table sits un-used. Let's say you factor in the average party staying for 90 minutes. It's now 7:30 and there is a reservation for 8:00, so that table has to sit vacant for 30 minutes. Each reservation will typically waste some time between when the table is ready, and when the party arrives. Even if it is only 10 minutes, multiply that by 30 tables and now you have 3 more parties that could have gone through the restaurant in that time.

Add to that the fact that often with reservations you will have some people arrive on time, and others arrive 15 or 20 minutes later. Now your table is being used for 110 minutes instead of 90.

As a customer, I get how it can be frustrating; especially if you have small kids with you as well. However from a business perspective it means getting fewer customers served.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #5586
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post

that is a good idea! I threw my back out playing superheroes with my 4 year old. He was ironman and shot me, I threw myself over the back of the couch onto the hardwood, and in the process, threw my back out. Tonight, I'm getting hammered!
Old 08-06-2014, 12:30 PM   #5587
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Match a very attractive 21 year old on Tinder, start chatting her up and find out she's 18 and her age is messed cause she was underage when she signed up for FB.

Can't do it.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:31 PM   #5588
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
Match a very attractive 21 year old on Tinder, start chatting her up and find out she's 18 and her age is messed cause she was underage when she signed up for FB.

Can't do it.
I see no difference between 18 and 21. Enjoy while you can.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #5589
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

No doubt - it's hilarious you think that's a big age gap. You may think you're more mature than her, but the difference in your maturity levels would be imperceptible to anybody over 30. Do it man.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:44 PM   #5590
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Can't do it.
How old are you?
Old 08-06-2014, 12:48 PM   #5591
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Not being able to find a coke bottle with my name on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum PEI For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2014, 12:52 PM   #5592
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Can't do it.
I could
Old 08-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #5593
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum PEI View Post
Not being able to find a coke bottle with my name on it.
They had Bort ones at Safeway...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #5594
vegasbound
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Can't do it.
Does Tinder actually work? My friends are all trying to convince me this is a good idea because I don't really drink/into the whole bar thing and gone pretty much every weekend either rodeoing or out of the province and apparently I've been single too long. Ugh. Single girl problems.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #5595
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Feeling like a jerk for trying to find the right job for me and my family, which means I have left a couple of places not long after starting because a better offer came in.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #5596
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
How old are you?
I'm 24, turning 25 in October.
I guess I could do 18 if it was a random hook up (which, I guess thats what tinder is for the most part). This girl is attractive enough (easily my best looking match) that I would totally consider trying to date her if she turned out to be a normal human being, but not 18. I can't date 18. I tried 19 (she's 20 now) earlier this year and I was constantly worrying about what her friends and family think. I'm probably just too insecure with feeling too old to pull it off.

I graduated high school 7 years ago! She would have graduated high school months ago...

Quote:
Does Tinder actually work? My friends are all trying to convince me this is a good idea because I don't really drink/into the whole bar thing and gone pretty much every weekend either rodeoing or out of the province and apparently I've been single too long. Ugh. Single girl problems.

From what I've seen from my female friends with tinder, it's ridiculous. Completely different then how it's like for guys. They all get matches from pretty much every guy that pops up for them. I saw one girl go through like 40 guys in a row and they were all matches and even in her impeccably orchestrated, perfectly lit and carefully selected assortment of tinder selfies, she's nothing more than what I'd consider average at best. Guys also always start the conversation which is usually the hardest part of it all if you actually think the girl has any potential to be more than just a random lay-up. So yeah, to summarize how I've seen it work from a girls perspective, if you are normal looking or can at least take a good picture of yourself, you basically get to pick which ever guy you want to talk to and sit back while he decides if your worth mustering up the will to think of a way to break the ice.

Also, expect to get the most messed up lines you'll ever see.

Last edited by polak; 08-06-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #5597
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You should meet a friend of mine. He has been single for too long as well. He is not into the drinking/bar scene. He's not a cowboy or anything but he does like to try new things and is open to new experiences.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:44 PM   #5598
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
You should meet a friend of mine. He has been single for too long as well. He is not into the drinking/bar scene. He's not a cowboy or anything but he does like to try new things and is open to new experiences.
The friend... in your pants?

I see your guys' point on the maturity level gap between a 24 and 18 year old now...
The Following User Says Thank You to polak For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #5599
vegasbound
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

From what I've seen from my female friends with tinder, it's ridiculous. Completely different then how it's like for guys. They all get matches from pretty much every guy that pops up for them. I saw one girl go through like 40 guys in a row and they were all matches and even in her impeccably orchestrated, perfectly lit and carefully selected assortment of tinder selfies, she's nothing more than what I'd consider average at best. Guys also always start the conversation which is usually the hardest part of it all if you actually think the girl has any potential to be more than just a random lay-up. So yeah, to summarize how I've seen it work from a girls perspective, if you are normal looking or can at least take a good picture of yourself, you basically get to pick which ever guy you want to talk to and sit back while he decides if your worth mustering up the will to think of a way to break the ice.

Also, expect to get the most messed up lines you'll ever see.
Greaaaatttt, as if I hadn't had enough bad pickup lines so far. Maybe I'll download it for sh*ts and giggles tonight while at the barrel race tonight.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #5600
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Greaaaatttt, as if I hadn't had enough bad pickup lines so far. Maybe I'll download it for sh*ts and giggles tonight while at the barrel race tonight.
It's a good way to get some shallow objectifying out of your system and it can be fun if you start matching with people and talking to them.

It might take a bit for the matches to build up so don't freak out if you don't get any for a bit. People have to like you back too.
Closed Thread