Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #21
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Quoted for posterity.
Man. When I wrote that I was 50/50 on whether I should use green text.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #22
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
People who drive less than the speed limit....
You know that the speed limit is the maximum, right. Drivers may drive less than the posted speed limit. There are many reasons to do so, including road and weather conditions.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #23
normtwofinger
Self-Retirement

Exp:

Shingles or chicken pox part 2. My doc not exactly sure what I have, but it seems I have full body chicken pox for a second time. I have been exposed by looking after our son who just had them. Whatever it is, it itches and hurts tto walk.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #24
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
You know that the speed limit is the maximum, right. Drivers may drive less than the posted speed limit. There are many reasons to do so, including road and weather conditions.
wrong.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #25
Brannigans Law
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
wrong.
Green text??
Well, deal with it. I wasn't cheering for Canada either way. Nothing worse than arrogant Canadian fans. They'd be lucky to finish 4th. Quote me on that. They have a bad team and that is why I won't be cheering for them.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #26
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
wrong.
Why?
Old 12-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #27
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Why?
Because in Calgary the posted speed in the minimum you should travel

It's in the special Calgary edition of the traffic safety act. Right next to "Letting someone merge in front of you is a serious question of your manhood" and "Getting honked at is the single worst thing that can happen to you."

Last edited by btimbit; 12-23-2013 at 02:42 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #28
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
Thank you, Revenue Canada, for sending me a reassessment 2 days before Christmas. Awesome.
Should they just shut down operations because its Christmas time? I understand it grinds your gears but it shouldn't matter if its Christmas or Chinese new years.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #29
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben voyonsdonc View Post
It also grinds my gears when people tweet out locations of Checkstops. Don't be an idiot.
Thanks for reminding me to sign up for the checkstop twitter. Was stuck in a checkstop line up the other day for almost 20 minutes, and ended up with only 2 minutes to spare picking up my kid at daycare. Mofo's charge a buck a minute when you're late.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #30
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckluck2 View Post
Should they just shut down operations because its Christmas time? I understand it grinds your gears but it shouldn't matter if its Christmas or Chinese new years.
yes. Give me the #### news in the new year.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #31
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

how about with ideal conditions, is there a limit to how much lower than the speed limit they are allowed to drive? like say doing 20 in a 100 zone is ok?
Old 12-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #32
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
how about with ideal conditions, is there a limit to how much lower than the speed limit they are allowed to drive? like say doing 20 in a 100 zone is ok?
I don't know if there is a minimum but that has nothing to do with my post. I posted that drivers can drive under the limit and that there are reasons when that should be done, and you apparently disagreed.

I doubt there is a legal minimum, but that an officer may write a ticket if someone is endangering people by driving too slowly (the officer's discretion).
Old 12-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #33
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Being stuck in 'shopping mall traffic' but not actually going to the mall, just suffering because of it.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #34
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't know if there is a minimum but that has nothing to do with my post. I posted that drivers can drive under the limit and that there are reasons when that should be done, and you apparently disagreed.

I doubt there is a legal minimum, but that an officer may write a ticket if someone is endangering people by driving too slowly (the officer's discretion).
Well, is being old a reason to drive more than 10% under the speed limit on a 2 lane hiway?
Old 12-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #35
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

i hate working my butt off for the 2 weeks before christmas, 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night, to get everything done so that you can go away and not worry or touch anything that has to do with work when on holidays.

i never miss a day of work ever, and my first day of vacation i just spent sick in bed. and tomorrow isn't looking good either. and it is christmas. and i don't want to make anyone else sick.

it grinds my gears.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #36
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well, is being old a reason to drive more than 10% under the speed limit on a 2 lane hiway?
Maybe you should reread what I wrote and your responses. You seem to be missing the point.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #37
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

WRGMG is violations of gift giving/receiving etiquette. Don't tell someone several weeks before Christmas what you'd like, and then two days before Christmas give them an update that you were just checking out that specific product at a certain store, and none of the items there are really that good there. Gift-giving hints are great a couple weeks before Christmas. Updates less than 36 hours before Christmas about what you don't want are really not fair.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #38
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it's totally fine to drive under the limit...as long as you are doing it in the right lane. I can forgive a lot of things as long as it's in the right lane!
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #39
Cuz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
yeah, I'll be that guy.

Bus drivers who feel the need to crank the heat to 35C when we're all wearing winter coats
As a driver, I can tell you that we have no control over temperature, it's either on and everyone gets hot or off and everyone freezes their ass off. (Unless it's a Nova bus, where the temp is set at 21). I'm always hot on a bus when I'm a passenger too, so I will take it off if I am riding for more than 5 minutes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cuz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #40
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Maybe you should reread what I wrote and your responses. You seem to be missing the point.
And my question to you was, in your opinion, is it ok to drive under the posted maximum speed limit when the driving conditions are fine.

It's not like I'm new to the country and I'm asking if I should drive the posted maximum in freezing rain, so spare me with the road conditions argument.

Last edited by DuffMan; 12-23-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Closed Thread