Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2014, 01:27 PM   #101
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
odd that this never happened to the Japanese drivers
For every 20 UK customers you had you were lucky to see one Japanese person. So it never really stuck out. Plus a lot of foreign professionals from the UK's first stop when they got here was a VW dealer as we have a really good foreign professional lease plan that makes it very easy for them to get a car they are very familiar with already, as VW's are there, what Toyota's and Honda's are here. A lot of those customers already had established credit with VW in the UK.

Totally OT. But I learned very quickly in the car business that with with Japanese people, you never take a deposit. Business is always done on a handshake. In all the years I have been doing this, I have never once had a Japanese customer back out after a handshake deal. It is more valuable than cash. Extremely honest on honorable people, my favorite customers to deal with by a mile.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:33 PM   #102
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
I have no issues being in a car at crazy speeds with a driver I trust on a desolate twisty country road or a track. When it's some idiot that smells like moldy luncheon meat, driving with one finger on the steering wheel, in a car he has never driven before, on a crowded road he is vastly unfamiliar with.... that's kinda where the trust line gets drawn.
I was just kidding, I wouldn't want to be in that situation either.

It's pretty crazy driving over in Poland but people are a lot more aware of everything and a lot calmer there when they're driving if you ask me.

People pass with oncoming traffic and the oncoming traffic and the person being passed all move over and it works. No fuss, no yelling or flippin' the bird. I mean if you think about it, as long as everyone sees everyone, passing with on coming traffic isn't that insane, yet here even if you are on a completely straight road with miles of visibility and you cut it even remotely close you're guaranteed to piss everyone off. I never understood it. If you didn't have to actually do anything then you were never in risk of being in an accident. Calm your ####.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote