Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Buy And Sell > The CP Power Ring
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2015, 09:08 AM   #1
FlamesAllTheWay
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default LF: Electrician to re-wire detached garage

Moved to my current residence about 3 years back. Currently, my detached garage draws natural gas from the house meter but has it's own electricity meter and thus, a separate electricity bill with Enmax. Not sure why it was set up this way, think the old owner might have used it as a work shop or something.

Looking for an electrician or even just advice, referrals, etc on how to make the change so that the garage also draws electricity from the house, if this is possible. Basically the end state being one bill for gas, one for electricity, for both the house and garage.

Garage uses maybe $10 worth of electricity a month but by the time I get hit with all the additional admin fees it's closer to a $60 bill for the garage alone. Colossal waste of money considering I'm also paying the same admin fees for electricity on the house. Garage is pretty old and decrepit so was contemplating tearing it down and rebuilding from scratch for awhile, and making the switch then, but that's been put on the back burner for now.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks CP

Last edited by FlamesAllTheWay; 02-09-2015 at 04:26 PM.
FlamesAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote