Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Miscellaneous > Help/Suggestions
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2015, 05:14 PM   #61
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Unless there's a specific question there's no need to post in the thread if you (you meaning anyone) got a notification; the email means the forum is blocking the offending parties which is good.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2015, 08:16 AM   #62
Masked Bandit
Draft Pick

Received @ 7:14 AM

Someone has tried to log into your account on Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 94.23.30.53
Masked Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:40 AM   #63
dennisdahl3
Draft Pick

Default Failed Login Notification on Calgarypuck Forums

I just got this so I changed my password.

**NOTICE** There appears to be someone trying to guess people's passwords on the forum. If you get an email notification of an unsucessful login attempt This is an automated message.

Someone has tried to log into your account on Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 109.163.234.8

This is most likely a spammer trying to gain access by guessing passwords. You can reduce the risk by ensuring your password is robust., otherwise no other action is necessary to ensure your account remains secure.

All the best,

Last edited by dennisdahl3; 07-21-2015 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Update
dennisdahl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:13 PM   #64
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Dear MrMastodonFarm,

This is an automated message.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 184.151.222.66

This is most likely a spammer trying to gain access by guessing passwords. You can reduce the risk by ensuring your password is robust., otherwise no other action is necessary to ensure your account remains secure.

All the best,
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:22 PM   #65
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Unless there's a specific question there's no need to post in the thread if you (you meaning anyone) got a notification; the email means the forum is blocking the offending parties which is good.
Didn't see this before I posted mine. Thought maybe posting the IP address could help on the off chance it's a crazy trying to mess things up.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:28 PM   #66
photon

Exp:

Most times yeah it's usually some spammer from China, though that's a Bell mobility IP so could have been someone messing around yeah.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:14 PM   #67
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Most times yeah it's usually some spammer from China, though that's a Bell mobility IP so could have been someone messing around yeah.
Can you borrow one of ken's infamous mod tools to see if it was someone already signed up?
Old 08-20-2015, 12:10 PM   #68
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dear Otto-matic,

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 94.23.247.86

All the best,
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:23 PM   #69
photon

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Can you borrow one of ken's infamous mod tools to see if it was someone already signed up?
Yeah I checked it when I checked where the IP came from, mobile phone IPs are shared among a lot of users so unfortunately can't really infer much.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2015, 09:15 PM   #70
Silent Sam
Draft Pick

I received the CP email indicating "Login attempt from"

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 69.42.58.204

My Password has been changed to a more "robust" one.
Silent Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:43 AM   #71
Pilsner12
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Dear Pilsner12,

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 89.105.194.71

All the best,
Pilsner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:40 PM   #72
The Dogfather
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I got it today; having not logged on in quite some time....
IP 149.202.98.160
The Dogfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:06 PM   #73
bcsoda
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
To avoid a bunch of unnecessary posts, you might want to update the notice that shows up at the top of the forum when you log in ("**NOTICE** There appears to be someone trying to guess people's passwords on the forum. If you get an email notification of an unsucessful login attempt please inform us by posting in the help area of the forum. It is also advisable to change your password if it is a very common password. Thanks.")
bcsoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:02 PM   #74
photon

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcsoda View Post
To avoid a bunch of unnecessary posts, you might want to update the notice that shows up at the top of the forum when you log in ("**NOTICE** There appears to be someone trying to guess people's passwords on the forum. If you get an email notification of an unsucessful login attempt please inform us by posting in the help area of the forum. It is also advisable to change your password if it is a very common password. Thanks.")
Thanks, I had edited that but I apparently had two notices up for the same thing and didn't edit one of them.

I've removed the notices as frequent visitors should know by now.