Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-19-2017, 04:20 PM   #341
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

2K is free to make MLB and NHL games if they wanted to and still don't do it because the games were not profitable enough when they were making them. Crazy too considering there is no MLB game for Xbox.

Really I think part of the problem is the market for the most part is only big enough for one licensed game to be profitable (outside of soccer and NFL football probably).

EA gets NHL, NFL, UFC
2k gets NBA, WWE
Sony gets MLB

People like to #### on the EA sports games but for the most part they are putting out decent enough quality games year to year. Madden & FIFA especially tend to get new features each year, really it's just NHL that gets the shaft but to be fair the market for that one is much smaller than the other 2 games.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2017, 04:34 PM   #342
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Every time this argument comes up I think of the last few years of the NHL 2k series. That's an example of competition making a lot less of an impact than people expect. Those games were the worst.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:56 PM   #343
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Madden is the worst as they update the graphics engine only once per generation. Hell they didn't even add 4K or HDR support for the PS4 Pro or Xbox One S.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:56 PM   #344
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

with EA Access, I don't mind getting all of these sports games 6 months after they hit the market. I cannot imagine anyone upgrading these every year, but at $30 per annum for all of them, I can wait.

having said that though, I have bought some of the addons which are pure profit.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.

Last edited by McG; 06-26-2017 at 10:59 PM.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote