Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2024, 02:51 PM   #921
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Yeah, that's it.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 03:10 PM   #922
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Why do you respond to low balls at all. You gain nothing from doing it. I also think it’s like scams just being polite makes you more likely to be a target so they invest in a response.
I mean yeah, people ask for pictures or clarification and you provide it. Then they lowball and you politely give a decline just so they don't keep messaging.

I'd love to build a time machine and go back in time and beat the ever living #### out of them so they can't use the service the first place I guess.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 08:52 PM   #923
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Isn’t it surreal when you find the item that was stolen from you, posted later the same day on Kijiji?

It’s a fairly uncommon Garmin car GPS, and the odds of it being a coincidence seems unlikely. I was going to replace it anyway but can I have some fun here?
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 11:53 AM   #924
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Isn’t it surreal when you find the item that was stolen from you, posted later the same day on Kijiji?

It’s a fairly uncommon Garmin car GPS, and the odds of it being a coincidence seems unlikely. I was going to replace it anyway but can I have some fun here?
If you're quick about it. You may be able to convince the police to have an officer accompany you, but not likely with the low value. Their resources are very strained these days.
Old 04-20-2024, 12:53 PM   #925
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
If you're quick about it. You may be able to convince the police to have an officer accompany you, but not likely with the low value. Their resources are very strained these days.

Ah… I guess I should have approached it more sneakily. Unfortunately after asking for the serial number the guy on Kijiji went incognito and took down all of their info. Anyway, if anyone sees a Garmin Nuvi 3597 for sale with serial number 2WS061871, it’s mine.

Old 04-20-2024, 02:23 PM   #926
jayswin

Exp:

Oh wormius, that's how you approached it, by saying you had yours stolen and asking for the serial number? Rookie move, dude. Absolute rookie move.

Did you think he was going to be like "ah yeah, you know what I stole this, just come grab it from me"? Darn, you had it set up perfectly with it appearing on kijiji.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2024, 03:24 PM   #927
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Oh wormius, that's how you approached it, by saying you had yours stolen and asking for the serial number? Rookie move, dude. Absolute rookie move.

Did you think he was going to be like "ah yeah, you know what I stole this, just come grab it from me"? Darn, you had it set up perfectly with it appearing on kijiji.

Dammit. You’re right. I should have just offered to buy it, checked the SN, and then taken off if it was mine.

He seemed to have his address in the original Kijiji ad, but I don’t want to turn this into Mission Impossible, and I don’t think its worth involving police.
Old 04-20-2024, 03:29 PM   #928
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Theres the story about a girl who had her bike stolen from a local park, saw it pop on kijiji the next day. Arranged to meet them at the local mcdonalds saying she'd like to buy it and had been looking for one just like that.
Showed up, confirmed it was hers after looking at it, asked to take it for a test ride. And then just rode it away.
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puffnstuff For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2024, 09:58 PM   #929
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Dammit. You’re right. I should have just offered to buy it, checked the SN, and then taken off if it was mine.

He seemed to have his address in the original Kijiji ad, but I don’t want to turn this into Mission Impossible, and I don’t think its worth involving police.
You can put any address you want in kijiji so if he was the one who stole it he probably just used a fake address
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote