Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2016, 10:25 AM   #801
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
So I was at Banff Springs this weekend, was one of the longest rounds I've ever played (nearly five and a half hours) and it was because there must have been an alcoholics convention at the course. The Marshall informed us that every group in front of us was "hammered" and that the cart girl couldn't make it more than a few holes before she was dry and had to head back to the clubhouse for more. Never really seen something like that.
Several years ago now, but we played it around 630am, the morning after my bachelor party, and a few of the guys hadn't even gone to bed. There wasn't any crazy drunkin behavior on the course though, but the place was completely dead anyway.

For whatever reason, ended up being one of my best rounds to that point. I had about a 20 footer on 18 to shoot 79, but didn't make it. It really isn't a difficult course with the massive fairways.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 10:47 AM   #802
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm playing Banff Springs on October 2nd. Looking forward to it. Any golf I get in Alberta after September is like found money.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:36 PM   #803
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Golftown's U.S parent (Golfsmith) filing for bankrupcy and selling the Canadian operations. Sounds like some stores to close.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/golf...ents-1.3761467
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:42 PM   #804
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Golftown's U.S parent (Golfsmith) filing for bankrupcy and selling the Canadian operations. Sounds like some stores to close.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/golf...ents-1.3761467
From the comments section:

<LI abp="2883">Ian Scott Guest<LI class=vf-rank abp="2886">Rank 0The above are idiots then. If Golf Town can,t profit in the USA it certainly is not going to last here. Overpriced clothing, golf balls at ridiculous prices, nearly empty stores already. "Running " shoes at 200$. Golf itself overpriced at upwards of 100 to 140$ for 2 to play a 4 1/5 hr round. Too much time unfortunately for most to spend and golfing at resorts is well beyond most but elite. 2500 $ to well over that for summer memberships. Even playing once a week is still at 156 $ a round for 16 weeks. Even at 24 weeks still at 100 a round. Crazy unless love it and have $'s.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:07 PM   #805
FragileMind
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
I'm playing Banff Springs on October 2nd. Looking forward to it. Any golf I get in Alberta after September is like found money.
10:00 am shotgun?See you there.
FragileMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:16 PM   #806
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's the one.

Also booked myself for a 917 driver fitting on launch day at McKenzie Meadows on Saturday. Pretty pumped for that.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:51 AM   #807
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played the Elks yesterday - what an amazing day for golf and the course was in fantastic condition.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:03 AM   #808
EverfresH15
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Played 2 rds last Friday, shot 84 and finally broke 80 with a 79! Played on the following Tuesday and it was like had never golf before, was probably close to 100. Stupid game.
EverfresH15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 09:49 AM   #809
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Underpar has some great deals at Springbank, Bouldercreek and Silverwing

Springbank: https://www.underpar.com/courses/springbank-links
Silverwing: https://www.underpar.com/courses/silverwing-links
Boulder: https://www.underpar.com/courses/boulder-creek

Springbank is the best deal by far, have already used it once and going back this Sunday.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:30 AM   #810
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnarpy View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned but Underpar has some great deals at Springbank, Bouldercreek and Silverwing

Springbank: https://www.underpar.com/courses/springbank-links
Silverwing: https://www.underpar.com/courses/silverwing-links
Boulder: https://www.underpar.com/courses/boulder-creek

Springbank is the best deal by far, have already used it once and going back this Sunday.
Pretty good deal. Too bad they have tee time restrictions. I bought the Underpar Springbank certificates earlier this summer for $149 (or something) and they had no restrictions.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:49 PM   #811
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
That's the one.

Also booked myself for a 917 driver fitting on launch day at McKenzie Meadows on Saturday. Pretty pumped for that.
The 917 is a pretty bad ass driver. I picked up a few MPH ball speed over my 913 with lower spin which equates to about 5 more yards. Not a huge difference, but it felt more forgiving and I liked the ball flight a bit better.

Nothing smashes your ego like seeing your trackman numbers. I really wish I could get my angle of attack a bit less negative. I'm probably leaving 20y on the table right now.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:55 PM   #812
FragileMind
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Looking to fill 1 position.Sunday 9:52.Darcy Ranch.PM if interested.
FragileMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:14 AM   #813
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Pretty good deal. Too bad they have tee time restrictions. I bought the Underpar Springbank certificates earlier this summer for $149 (or something) and they had no restrictions.
Well the only restriction is no play before noon on the weekends. I can live with that!
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:29 AM   #814
loob job
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Golfed at Cabot Links on Friday and Cabot Cliffs on Saturday. Both amazing courses. The views at both were unreal but the Cliffs is like a movie, it just doesn't seem real. It's only two years old and is 19th in the world and in our country so get there if you can.
loob job is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loob job For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2016, 10:06 PM   #815
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played 9 holes as fast as I could tonight.

42 minutes as a twosome, and had to wait for about 5 minutes for the green to clear on hole #9.

I was +1 until the 8th, finished bogey-double to shoot 40.

Heart rate was between 140 and 160 the entire time.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:50 AM   #816
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loob job View Post
Golfed at Cabot Links on Friday and Cabot Cliffs on Saturday. Both amazing courses. The views at both were unreal but the Cliffs is like a movie, it just doesn't seem real. It's only two years old and is 19th in the world and in our country so get there if you can.
Lucky!
Old 09-20-2016, 11:10 AM   #817
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Managed another round yesterday at Glen Eagles (Cochrane). Fantastic day for golf, mostly sunny, temperatures were okay and not a lot of wind. Played my usual round, some good shots and some terrible ones. Putting continues to save my score and mid/long irons continue to plague me. The course is still in good shape although beginning to dry up a little (fairways in places). Greens were really firm and tough to stop a ball on. Shot a 103.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:19 PM   #818
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Man why is it that at the end of every season I seem to start playing my best. Can't we just forgo the winters up here and golf all year round? Since halfway through the Myrtle Beach WorldAm Handicap Championships in late August I've been on fire. Shot 76 (got adjusted for this one), 82 (with a 9 on a par 4), 84 (7100 yard course a day after tropical storm Hermine) then an even 35 and a +1, 36 back home during mens nights.
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 05:11 PM   #819
EverfresH15
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Nice to see he is getting his product out there

http://www.tsn.ca/golf/video/forzani...-greens~962941
EverfresH15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 11:15 PM   #820
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragileMind View Post
10:00 am shotgun?See you there.
Did you go? I thought the two hour frost delay was a bit annoying. We were finished around 5:20 pm when it was all said and done. I think we could have gone faster, two groups ahead was at least a hole and a half behind.

The course (Banff Springs) is in amazing shape, I've never ever had a bad round there. It's easily my favourite course on the planet, bar none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetch View Post
Man why is it that at the end of every season I seem to start playing my best.
I hear ya, brother. I started with a 78 this year and finished with an 82 today at Banff Springs with a stupid triple on my first hole. I made a double on #3 from 180y out in the middle of the fairway. Could have really been special but I can't seem to get out of my own way.
DoubleK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow