Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-23-2017, 09:10 PM   #61
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CofR View Post
CFLHorsemen.ca
Nice, thanks. It'd be nice if there was enough interest here and tonight was definitely a step up. There's also a lot of games with like 10-20 posts, which isn't really a game thread, imo.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:24 PM   #62
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockedOut View Post
They could've easily got first down at 2nd down and 2 by running the ball twice. Didn't DD do this during the Grey Cup where he didn't run late in the game. It's deja vu as we go into OT.
This is the third time he's either tied or lost to Ottawa inside the 10 yard line by refusing to run the ball. In two different seasons. Guy has brain damage.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:41 PM   #63
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Rod Black is so terrible. I'm certain he called #88 Daniels three different times. At one point when the Stamps clearly would be going for a FG Black excitedly started going on about how the short yardage group was on the field. They never showed this "short yardage" set of players though, but the expected field goal team appeared on the field "looks like they changed their mind". Not being there, I can't be certain if he was full of it or what, but I suspect he was.

I like Forde though.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:28 PM   #64
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

DannyAustin_9:

Dickenson says of the hurt guys, Daniels is most likely to be out a while

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 10:23 AM   #65
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CofR View Post
CFLHorsemen.ca
Thanks for the recommendation, I've tried not to overly advertise our site out of respect for the owners of this site.

However there is a good community of Stamps fans over there.

Also you might want to folllow our twitter for Stamps news and pod cast announcements. Recently there's been a initiative that's bought together all of the CFL fan podcasts.

As well definitely watch for CFLHorsemen radio podcasts we get a ton of really cool player and coach guests.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2017, 11:05 AM   #66
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Where do Stamps fans post these days? It's clear Calgarypuck has kind of ditched Stamps discussion, (it used to be awesome during the 50-150 post game thread days) but I'd like to see some game discussions this season, especially for an awesome game like this.

Heading to overtime after two excellent touchdown drives in the last six minutes.
I really need to make an attempt to start watching some games live. I watch every game but I'm ALWAYS at least an hour behind so I avoid the threads for obvious spoilery reasons. PVR + ADD has ruined live sports for me
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:46 PM   #67
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like we might lose Davaris Daniels for more than a game due to injury. He left the game after that spectacular catch in the middle of the field. Marquay McDaniel and Jamar Wall got nicked too but it doesn't look like they will miss a game.

Sucks that we are having some injury problems right now but I would rather have them happening early in the season than late. DB Brandon Smith, DE Cordarro Law, OL Pierre Lavertu and Roman Grozsman are on 6-games injury list. LB Deron Mayo is still not ready to go back yet and RB Anthony Woodson is also banged up. DB Tommie Campbell will be back next game. He is not injured though.

As for the game. Stamps were lucky to get the tie on this game. Not sure if it was because they were rusty, not having to play for 15 days in between. Receivers are out of sync. How many times do you normally see Marquay McDaniel drop an easy pass before? A few probably. Kamer Jordan was so-so and seems like having fumbleitis problem. He fumbled the ball at the end zone and recovered by a Redblack player and went all the way. Luckily Jordan slightly went over the goal line before he dropped the ball. The second fumble he also got lucky. I can't really tell from the replay if his left knee went down first before he fumbled the ball but it was ruled not a fumble after the replay. Stamps went on to tie the game after a few plays. As they proved last season, injury on the OLine doesn't handcuffed the group. They did a good job in protecting Mitchell all night.
On defense, we were terrible stopping the run and had a bit of a tough time against pass defense. Defensive Line was a okay I guess.
Special team did okay. They had some good returns and they prevented Ottawa returner gaining lots of yardages on their return. Maver was good but Paredes missed an opportunity to win the game for us. I hope this is the only miss he makes the whole season. He started slow last season too.

On to the next game in Calgary between the two same teams.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OzSome For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2017, 03:20 PM   #68
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Thanks for the recommendation, I've tried not to overly advertise our site out of respect for the owners of this site.

However there is a good community of Stamps fans over there.

Also you might want to folllow our twitter for Stamps news and pod cast announcements. Recently there's been a initiative that's bought together all of the CFL fan podcasts.

As well definitely watch for CFLHorsemen radio podcasts we get a ton of really cool player and coach guests.
The podcast is a must listen for Stamps fans! Can't recommend it enough.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2017, 05:35 PM   #69
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

There are some great CFL podcasts. I've guested on one and listened to some including Calgary's.

We've had a great opening week.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:15 PM   #70
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Stamps need to ditch the black. But given who's running the organization I know that's a pipe dream.

Still can't believe they use black helmets. Just seems so wrong, like if the Esks started using purple helmets or something.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:

Tags
cfl , grey cup , ottawa , redblacks , stamps