Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-20-2016, 09:31 AM   #41
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
It'd be awesome if a bunch of the seemingly great Vita games came over.
My WiiU and Vita make me sad. I like them both
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:31 AM   #42
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
If they didn't mention it as a touch screen, and more importantly SHOW someone using it as a touch screen, you can bet it's not going to be one.
I'm okay with that, touch gaming isn't what I want from Nintendo.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:39 AM   #43
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Let's not talk about Vita.

That was a great piece of hardware that just got abandoned by Sony due to their own inability to market it well.

Wii U was somewhat similar to be honest.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:43 AM   #44
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

My vita is still going strong! Between Limited Run, NISA, Iffy, etc there have been tons of physical releases.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:49 AM   #45
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
I'm okay with that, touch gaming isn't what I want from Nintendo.
But it does put to bed any serious hope about 3DS backwards compatibility.

Also of note for Switch: It's region free. Another lesson Nintendo grudgingly learned.

As far as Vita goes, I've been playing it a lot more, but I need a new memory card, and F Sony for asking me to pay $100 for 32GB.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:56 AM   #46
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Switch with the virtual console is a very appealing device for road trips. Not quite on my radar just yet, but it looks like a WiiU with more focus and direction. Kudos to Nintendo marketing for being more clear. While I'm not a huge fan anymore, a healthy Nintendo is a great thing for gaming.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 11:14 AM   #47
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Wii U2 is what we can call it. I can't believe how many people have pledged to buy this without getting any kind of technical specs. This is supposed to release in 5 months and that was all of the info we got? Call me skeptical but I was burned with the day 1 Wii U and when they finally start releasing quality titles they release a new system. Owning a Wii U and a 3DS this is a definite wait and see and probably pass.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2016, 11:31 AM   #48
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seems ok but I would never undock it. Not sure how many people would want to carry this device around in addition to their smartphone/tablet/phablet.

Curious to find out more details. At the right price I might consider one just to play some Nintendo exclusives at home.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:09 PM   #49
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Am I the only one that thinks this looks stupid?
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2016, 12:18 PM   #50
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
Seems ok but I would never undock it. Not sure how many people would want to carry this device around in addition to their smartphone/tablet/phablet.

Curious to find out more details. At the right price I might consider one just to play some Nintendo exclusives at home.
I didn't think people would carry around iPad's with them - but they do so who the hell knows.

Personally the biggest portable use for me is for travelling. Would have been pretty sweet to have on my 9 hour flight from Munich to Toronto. (Not that a 3DS or Vita don't do the trick but having it all as one system is kinda nice).
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:35 PM   #51
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good idea to copy the Xbox One controller design rather than put their spin on something that isn't broken. I like this for my kids as there will be more G titles to choose from compared to XB1 and PS4.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:52 PM   #52
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Ok, as someone that hasn't used a Nintendo product since the N64, this thing has zero appeal to me.

I mean, it's great that others seem to like it, just expressing my viewpoint. To me this is gimmicky as hell.

I was a little curious about the Wii U, and would love to play some of the latest Zelda and Mario games, but it becomes less interesting if the price of the system is marked up and the graphics are reduced to make it all portable and tablet-like.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:28 PM   #53
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
If they didn't mention it as a touch screen, and more importantly SHOW someone using it as a touch screen, you can bet it's not going to be one.
How much touch is used in the 3DS? If this thing could run 3ds software also, that'd be cool (unify their hardware). But i'd assume you'd need a touch screen for that.
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:39 PM   #54
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
The Wii U2 is what we can call it. I can't believe how many people have pledged to buy this without getting any kind of technical specs. This is supposed to release in 5 months and that was all of the info we got? Call me skeptical but I was burned with the day 1 Wii U and when they finally start releasing quality titles they release a new system. Owning a Wii U and a 3DS this is a definite wait and see and probably pass.
It's hard to blindly jump on board considering how much dust my WiiU got. Bought it at a fantastic price but still doesn't change the fact that I just don't have the same kind of time for my WiiU/3DS. Am still excited to see what this thing can pull off though.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:44 PM   #55
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Choy View Post
How much touch is used in the 3DS? If this thing could run 3ds software also, that'd be cool (unify their hardware). But i'd assume you'd need a touch screen for that.
Have they said this will run 3DS games?
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:56 PM   #56
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Have they said this will run 3DS games?
No, but I think its a mistake if they don't allow 3DS games at least on the eShop
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2016, 01:58 PM   #57
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

When it comes to most games, I play them on PC. Of my consoles, Wii U got the most play time as it offered the bigger library that I wasn't going to just download and play on here.

I exepct Switch will end up the same. Day one depends on the launch games.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:59 PM   #58
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
No, but I think its a mistake if they don't allow 3DS games at least on the eShop
Okay, but why? If you're able to take this portably, how would the dual screens look on this? Would you have to put the system in portrait configuration? Would the stand allow that?
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 02:21 PM   #59
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
The Wii U2 is what we can call it. I can't believe how many people have pledged to buy this without getting any kind of technical specs.
Because technical specs do not and never have defined what makes a game 'good'.

This is going to be the console to get Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem, etc. games on. It has Square Enix, Capcom and Atlus as partners. I already know it is going to have a pretty good number of games that I will want.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #60
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Because technical specs do not and never have defined what makes a game 'good'.

This is going to be the console to get Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem, etc. games on. It has Square Enix, Capcom and Atlus as partners. I already know it is going to have a pretty good number of games that I will want.
So tech specs don't matter as long as the game says Mario or Zelda on it? Well without tech specs enjoy your dumbed down versions of square, Capcom, and Atlus games, but hey at least its portable.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote