Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-16-2017, 06:42 AM   #8121
InglewoodFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Dumb but lovable dog got sprayed by a skunk last night, in our back yard. We leave the back patio door open and the dogs come and go to the fenced back yard. And we get a nice breeze. So the mutt starts making all sorts of noise then comes running in before we know what is happening.

Couple of hours of dog bathing with peroxide and tomato juice and she doesn't smell bad. But her running in has destroyed the house. It just reeks in here. We have pans of vinegar all over and have chucked out the dog bed she ran onto. I have every door and window open trying to blow it out of the house. Anyone have any other brilliant ideas? My house is eye watering, and my wife is just getting over pneumonia so this is hell on her lungs.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:57 AM   #8122
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure if it works for skunks, but baking powder and coffee grounds are good at absorbing odour. If you know he hit a certain spot, sprinkle baking soda on it then vacuum it up in a few hours. Bounce sheets are good for wiping stinky things too.

Good luck. If my cat ever gets sprayed she is finding a new home in the shed for a week.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2017, 10:12 AM   #8123
flamesfan1297
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Getting old and soft GMG. My "fun" Calgary buddy missed my bday a couple weeks ago so we decided to rage last night in honour of it. Met up with him at 7:45, by just after 10:30 I was getting sick in the parking lot and had to catch a cab home. Place wasn't even busy yet and I was K.O'd, remind me not to do shots anymore. Felt like I was out for one hour, that's just embarrassing, 20-something Sainters would be rolling in his grave if he saw that performance..
Posted at 5:38 in the morning too. That's rough

Halloween candy is horrifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
"Putting nets on puck."

- Ferland 2016
flamesfan1297 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flamesfan1297 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2017, 11:12 AM   #8124
calgaryblood
Franchise Player

Exp:

Skunks are the worst. Found some living under the varanda and caught 5 in three days using a trap. It's super easy to catch them. All you have to do is put sardines in the trap and they'll be caught for sure in the morning if they hang around your house.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:15 AM   #8125
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco.vidal View Post
Good way to abuse 911 and fire department resources.
Well, one could call the Non-Emergency line for CFD and ask/tell them about it. But it's still a pretty Buzz Killington thing to do.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:23 PM   #8126
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
Dumb but lovable dog got sprayed by a skunk last night, in our back yard. We leave the back patio door open and the dogs come and go to the fenced back yard. And we get a nice breeze. So the mutt starts making all sorts of noise then comes running in before we know what is happening.

Couple of hours of dog bathing with peroxide and tomato juice and she doesn't smell bad. But her running in has destroyed the house. It just reeks in here. We have pans of vinegar all over and have chucked out the dog bed she ran onto. I have every door and window open trying to blow it out of the house. Anyone have any other brilliant ideas? My house is eye watering, and my wife is just getting over pneumonia so this is hell on her lungs.
oh - that's nasty!

i'm trying to remember what my parents did when the family dog got sprayed (this would have been back in the late 80's when i was still in high school)

i recall lots of tomato juice baths for the dog and my folks threw out pretty much everything the dog came in contact with right after getting skunked

my mom put out little bowls of vanilla throughout the upstairs to help mask the smell a bit... but i don't know if it had much effect.

i remember every time the dog got wet she'd wreak like skunk again. that went on for months - gross

i would call a pet store and see if they have any recommendations/products that might help
Old 07-17-2017, 04:26 AM   #8127
OMG!WTF!
First Line Centre

Exp:

Everything that itches grinds my gears like a $%&&#. This summer has been nasty for stuff biting me. These horse fly bites are like flesh eating disease. The mosquito bites are like pox. And my hands are on fire from sun and heat related eczema. And then there's the contact dermatitis from my giant stampede belt buckle. Is this the lake of fire that's been promised to me by my granny since deciding I'm not just hopelessly single but rather secretly gay? If I read my book of Ruth will this all go away? I promise to update my plentyoffish profile soon Granny. I just need one rash to go away first, preferably the belt buckle one. I'd take a skunk in my bedroom if all three would go away. I hear that's the kind of deal they make in books like Ruth's.
OMG!WTF! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:41 AM   #8128
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

People who post on social media like Instagram or Snapchat and have those stupid dog/cat effects on their face.

Jesus F'ing Christ, it looks so stupid. Stop it. Just stop.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 11:51 AM   #8129
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
People who post on social media like Instagram or Snapchat and have those stupid dog/cat effects on their face.

Did I just fall through a time portal to the beginning of 2016? Did Hotline Bling just come out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 12:01 PM   #8130
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Did I just fall through a time portal to the beginning of 2016? Did Hotline Bling just come out?
That stupid dog face effect thing has been around for a long time. But for whatever reason, recently it's been picking up steam. It's the new duck face. And it needs to die.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:14 PM   #8131
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That stupid dog face effect thing has been around for a long time. But for whatever reason, recently it's been picking up steam. It's the new duck face. And it needs to die.
I think you just need cuter girls on your snap chat.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 12:16 PM   #8132
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I think you just need cuter girls on your snap chat.
I don't have snapchat (only instagram), but I'm assuming it's on there since my Instagram is full of dog faced people now.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #8133
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

But seriously what is the deal with that? Why is it a thing in the first place? How is this supposed to make your tinder profile more appealing? It's just weird.
If you were given the option to pay 45 cents to predict the outcome of a coin flip, and if correct in your prediction you win a dollar, you may lose 45 cents on the first try. You may even lose 90 cents after the second try. But if you keep betting, you'll end up ahead in the long term. This is the value of analytics. They do not describe destiny, only the likeliest result.
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:27 PM   #8134
northcrunk
First Line Centre

Exp:

Antifa losers RGMG

EDIT Sorry didn't realize the thumbnail would be that. Just saw the footage. CBC video below.
Another one (CBC Video)

NSFW!

Last edited by northcrunk; 07-17-2017 at 07:19 PM. Reason: youtube thumbnail
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to northcrunk For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 12:32 PM   #8135
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

People that let their cats wander the neighborhood.

If you own an ugly brown furry cat in the Canals area of Airdrie, and it doesn't come home one of these days, call the city Municipal enforcement because I'm renting a trap the next time it stashes a dead bird under my front step
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:47 PM   #8136
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

It grinds my gears that when you click the quote/YouTube/NHL/NSFW/etc. button to post on CP, the cursor appears at the end of the final closed bracket. Why can't it appear in the middle, where you want to post your content? I'd like to hit the quote button, and then paste my content in. It's more aggravating on a phone, but still aggravating enough on a desktop computer that I feel the need to post it here. Mods, can you change this please?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak
nvm stupid comment
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:47 PM   #8137
Locke
ness Monster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
Antifa losers RGMG

NSFW!

Another one (CBC Video)

NSFW!
I disagree with the Football Association at times as well but this seems extreme.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 01:02 PM   #8138
REDVAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I have this app for only one purpose- to entertain my 2 year old daughter. We have a lot of fun making faces.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:10 PM   #8139
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
It grinds my gears that when you click the quote/YouTube/NHL/NSFW/etc. button to post on CP, the cursor appears at the end of the final closed bracket. Why can't it appear in the middle, where you want to post your content? I'd like to hit the quote button, and then paste my content in. It's more aggravating on a phone, but still aggravating enough on a desktop computer that I feel the need to post it here. Mods, can you change this please?

Thanks.
If you highlight the text you have already typed and then click one of those buttons it will put it within the brackets.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Burninator For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 01:25 PM   #8140
Harry Lime
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Politics and religion aside, the guy interviewed at the end of the first video should probably be charged with assault for kicking that 102 pound woman in the face.