Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-09-2017, 07:07 AM   #7141
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
The worst thing about going to a concert now is everyone holding their phones up the whole time. Watch the ####ing show morons!
As you say I would rather watch the show than focus on my phone. However I like to record a song if it's one of my favorites and I actually play them on TV for my kids that also like the music but are not of age to go to say a Five Finger Death Punch concert. What I find annoying is at rock/metal concerts the drunk/stoned females that only came to the show because their boyfriend was there and spend the entire show going to the bathrooms, pushing their way back through the floor, out for a smoke, pushing their way back through the floor, over and over and over. Annoying!

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 06-09-2017 at 07:10 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:11 AM   #7142
GordonBlue
Scoring Winger

Exp:

gear grinder today would be ice cream trucks.
the sound of the music drills into my brain and drives me nuts.

I miss the old days, with the ones that had pedal power and simple bells.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:17 AM   #7143
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^ It doesn't bring back wonderful memories of your parents telling you they weren't paying for that overpriced ice cream?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2017, 07:41 AM   #7144
GordonBlue
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
^^^ It doesn't bring back wonderful memories of your parents telling you they weren't paying for that overpriced ice cream?
it does. that happened all the time. lol
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:22 AM   #7145
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
LOL at this. The ice cream truck rolled through my hood over the weekend and my daughters begged me to buy them some. On principle I would automatically say no because it's overpriced but I had a flashback to when I was a kid and all the other kids got to have it and my parents always said no. I caved and bought them some.
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kiran403 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2017, 09:30 AM   #7146
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
I miss the old days, with the ones that had pedal power and simple bells.
When we were 14 my friend Ron got caught after breaking into Macs, and as part of his sentencing had to pay back some of the money he stole. So his juvenile parole officer set him up with a job running a Dickey Dee bike for the summer.

Ron was a hefty headbanger with hair halfway down to his ass. He wore a jean jacket with the arms ripped off and a Van Halen symbol drawn in felt marker on the back. He always had a smoke in his mouth.

He was the worst Dickey Dee salesperson ever. Having little else to do, we shadowed him for much of the summer. He'd park the bike somewhere and wait for random kids to come by and buy ice cream. We talked into letting us have the mishappen ice cream bars for free, and would run to buy him smokes when he ran out.

Partway through the summer, another headbanger buddy of his shot Ron in the eye with a slingshot, and he had to wear a large white patch taped over it. Being of an artistic bent, Ron drew a very detailed, bloodshot eye on the patch. From that point forward, I'd be surprised if he sold three ice cream treats a day. More than once I witnessed young children run away crying once they got a close look at him, with his freak hair, ripped up jean jacket, smoke in mouth, and glaring bloodshot eye drawn over a patch. Pretty sure he never paid off his restitution.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2017, 09:33 AM   #7147
calf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ron sounds awesome.
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:36 AM   #7148
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, what is Ron up to now?
Old 06-09-2017, 09:39 AM   #7149
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Damn I wanna hang out with Ron.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:59 AM   #7150
Canehdianman
First Line Centre

Exp:

CliffFletcher is Ron.
Ron is CliffFletcher.

http://gph.is/2cxoi1L
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canehdianman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2017, 10:29 AM   #7151
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Ya, what is Ron up to now?
He's a drummer (obviously). Goes by the stage name Von Rock, and he's highly regarded in the local roots scene. And he's still rocking the old-school freak hair.

He lives in a camper. When he was parked at North Glenmore park a couple summers ago he kept getting pestered by dudes cruising for gay sex. Had to put up a sign in the window that read "Not gay. Go away."

Last edited by CliffFletcher; 06-09-2017 at 10:32 AM.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2017, 10:32 AM   #7152
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Livin' in a camper, down by the reservoir. Perfect.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:50 AM   #7153
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn. I wanted to go see Wonder Woman, because apparently it's actually good (go figure). I looked last week but I was too busy so I figured, "eh, I'll get a chance". I look again, and despite only coming out last friday, it is no longer in IMAX. Why? Because it has been supplanted by The Mummy... which is apparently a complete bag of dog ####.

So you're a theatre, and you have this blockbuster movie that's getting a ton of good press and hype, both as a movie and from the "what does this movie say about society" crowd who approve of its message to young girls and so on. So... you leave it in IMAX for less than a week? And replace it with something that has been universally derided as a terrible film that has no hype and no one wants to see?

I get that these things are decided in advance by the studios in collaboration with Cineplex and it's not really about what the public actually wants, but this is a pretty egregious example of "you'll watch what we tell you to watch". Not the end of the world, I guess I'll go see it maybe in the recliners at Sunridge, but it does RGMG.
If you were given the option to pay 45 cents to predict the outcome of a coin flip, and if correct in your prediction you win a dollar, you may lose 45 cents on the first try. You may even lose 90 cents after the second try. But if you keep betting, you'll end up ahead in the long term. This is the value of analytics. They do not describe destiny, only the likeliest result.
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:54 AM   #7154
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

There is a drummer on facebook in Calgary named Von Rock

https://www.facebook.com/vonrock123
Old 06-09-2017, 11:59 AM   #7155
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

"Cheaper buy two"

I seem to hear this for every single item I buy at a gas station, whether it is pop, red bull, gum, chocolate bar, even windshield washer fluid.

No. It isn't cheaper if I buy two. Unless you're telling me it is $2.49 for one but $1.99 for two. Yes, the unit price is cheaper if I buy more, but it is still more money.

And what really gets me is that they always seem to give me attitude when I say no thanks. Like they're insulted I'm not interested in buying more and paying more, just so I can save $.25 on the unit cost.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:19 PM   #7156
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
"Cheaper buy two"

I seem to hear this for every single item I buy at a gas station, whether it is pop, red bull, gum, chocolate bar, even windshield washer fluid.

No. It isn't cheaper if I buy two. Unless you're telling me it is $2.49 for one but $1.99 for two. Yes, the unit price is cheaper if I buy more, but it is still more money.

And what really gets me is that they always seem to give me attitude when I say no thanks. Like they're insulted I'm not interested in buying more and paying more, just so I can save $.25 on the unit cost.
They look at you like that because you come in every day and buy just 1 when you could buy 2 and skip a day and save.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:23 PM   #7157
Locke
ness Monster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
LOL at the white guy in the silver Mustang with the top down, quaffin' your Starbucks with the music cranked downtown. I'm a pimp by blood I'm a pimp by blood. No, you most certainly are not. Looooooser.
Indeed, I dont think the research is there to support any kind of hereditary sovereignty regarding the sale of sexual favours.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:36 PM   #7158
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post

He lives in a camper. When he was parked at North Glenmore park a couple summers ago he kept getting pestered by dudes cruising for gay sex. Had to put up a sign in the window that read "Not gay. Go away."
Some one change the first period in the sign to a question mark.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:09 PM   #7159
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Partway through the summer, another headbanger buddy of his shot Ron in the eye with a slingshot, and he had to wear a large white patch taped over it. Being of an artistic bent, Ron drew a very detailed, bloodshot eye on the patch
That totally made me think of this
Spoiler!

Last edited by Sainters7; 06-09-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Sainters7 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2017, 02:20 PM   #7160
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
He lives in a camper.
Did he previously park behind the Shawnessy Pet Land for months before they put up parking limit signs?